Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Buying 50-70 Pounds Of Dr. Seuss Or Other Children's Books?
Unregistered 09:53 AM 06-06-2013
I'm on a mission and I have to deliver a suitcase full of books. Does anyone know where I could buy 50-70 pounds of children's books? Preferably Dr. Seuss / Beginner Books, but others are OK too.
Lyss 10:01 AM 06-06-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I'm on a mission and I have to deliver a suitcase full of books. Does anyone know where I could buy 50-70 pounds of children's books? Preferably Dr. Seuss / Beginner Books, but others are OK too.
Thrift stores unless they have to be new
Cat Herder 11:07 AM 06-06-2013
Ebay: "Daycare Preschool Book Lots"

Be sure to hit the "buy now" button before you search so you don't have to wait out the bidding process.
ShellAve 12:32 PM 06-06-2013
Another vote for eBay if used books are an option. That's where you're going to find the best price .
Unregistered 11:20 PM 06-06-2013
Yeah, I know about thrift stores. However, they might not have what I'm looking for. They are always a "box of chocolates", you never know what you're going to get. I'd rather order from a guaranteed service then spend all day running around the city.

I'm not so worried about price as getting an appropriate number of books of the right type. 4th-6th grade 60%, 1st-3rd grade 30%, kindergarten 10%. Thanks for the ebay search term, any others? What about other online services than ebay? Seems like shipping would really add up for heavy books.
MarinaVanessa 12:18 AM 06-07-2013
Yeah, I know about thrift stores. However, they might not have what I'm looking for. They are always a "box of chocolates", you never know what you're going to get. I'd rather order from a guaranteed service then spend all day running around the city.

I'm not so worried about price as getting an appropriate number of books of the right type. 4th-6th grade 60%, 1st-3rd grade 30%, kindergarten 10%. Thanks for the ebay search term, any others? What about other online services than ebay? Seems like shipping would really add up for heavy books.
You can try scholastic. I do the book clubs and many of their books go for $4 and they have great titles. If you order online from someone that does it and they get shipped to that person (daycare or school) you don't pay for shipping at all. That's if you don't mind paying $4 per title. Otherwise I'd go with thrift stores, many of them (at least in my area) sell the titles single so you go through and pick-and-choose what you want. Paperback titles go for $.50 and hardcover go for $1 or less in my area.
mamac 05:09 AM 06-07-2013

USPS provides a media mail option which is (I believe) one of the cheapest rates for shipping. They will accept up to 70 lbs of books. If the shipper doesn't offer this just ask for it. It will probably save you a ton of money.
Tags:books, dr. seuss
Reply Up