Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>1 Opening 2 Families interested
CrackerJacks 02:52 PM 07-22-2013
Need a bites help responding to a family that would like care.
Background: I have 1 opening for the fall. I had 2 interviews this past weekend (on the same day) both went well, I think both families could potentially be good fits. I let both families know the way my registration works. Basically it's a first come basis. I then received an email from family 1 later the same evening stating their interest, asking for refernces etc, came today for a quick observ. This being said, I do not hold spots for anyone until all forms are filled out and a deposit made (both families understand this), so I'm basically actively still in talks with family 1. Today, this afternoon family number 2 called and said they were interested and wanted me to send over the pp work so they could get started filling it out. I haven't responded yet.

Here's my concerns, the last two families that said they were interested and wanted all the paperwork ended up "changing their minds" at the last minute. In turn I had turned away other families who ended up finding are elsewhere. I don't want to get stuck again.

What do I say to family number 2? I have no problem letting family 1 know another family is also interested in the opening. Do you think I should give family 1 a timeframe (1-2 days) for a decision. And if so what do I tell family 2?
Cradle2crayons 02:59 PM 07-22-2013
Originally Posted by CrackerJacks:
Need a bites help responding to a family that would like care.
Background: I have 1 opening for the fall. I had 2 interviews this past weekend (on the same day) both went well, I think both families could potentially be good fits. I let both families know the way my registration works. Basically it's a first come basis. I then received an email from family 1 later the same evening stating their interest, asking for refernces etc, came today for a quick observ. This being said, I do not hold spots for anyone until all forms are filled out and a deposit made (both families understand this), so I'm basically actively still in talks with family 1. Today, this afternoon family number 2 called and said they were interested and wanted me to send over the pp work so they could get started filling it out. I haven't responded yet.

Here's my concerns, the last two families that said they were interested and wanted all the paperwork ended up "changing their minds" at the last minute. In turn I had turned away other families who ended up finding are elsewhere. I don't want to get stuck again.

What do I say to family number 2? I have no problem letting family 1 know another family is also interested in the opening. Do you think I should give family 1 a timeframe (1-2 days) for a decision. And if so what do I tell family 2?
I'm reading that both families has interviewed. If family two is interested and ready for paperwork, I'd go ahead and email it over.

If yu have a preference for family one, warn them it's first come and if they want the position, they need to get going
daycare 03:32 PM 07-22-2013
of the two, which do you feel is the best fit for you? I would start with them and let them know the situation..

I would send them something saying.... In the short time that we got to know Billy, we feel that he would be a great fit for our chlidcare and I would like to invite you to enroll with us. We know choosing a childcare can be very stressful and we hate to put any pressure on your decision, however, all spots are offered on a first come first serve basis. Currently there are 2 other families submitting request for this same opening. I will be closing the enrollment on 7/23/2013. If you have any more questions or concerns that I may help answer, I am available to talk with you______________________________. Please be sure to get back to me by this date. I want to thank you for your understanding and look forward to hearing from you soon.....
Reply Up