Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Must Be A "No Nap" Epidemic
lovemykidstoo 10:54 AM 07-17-2014
So one of my dcm's came today and asked me "what would you think if Suzie didn't take a nap here anymore? She's having alot of trouble going to sleep at night and also waking in the middle of the night only on the 2 days that she's here". I told her that I don't require them to sleep, but I do require "rest" time. I said, she can lay on her mat and look at books or color, but that I did require this time She said that was fine. So I also have a 7 yr old that is here only 1 day a week in the summer and I always let him watch a movie. So, I have those 2 in one room, watching a movie and looking at books, 2 in another rooms sleeping and the 3 months old laying here right next to me This is only his 2nd week and he's high maintenance Sooooo can't wait for the day to be over!
MissAnn 11:11 AM 07-17-2014
Now old is little Suzie? Today a parent mentioned that her daughter is staying in her bed awake till 12. She is 4. Talking further I find out she goes to bed with toys. Nope.....don't get to blame nap time on her night time sleep dificulties! Ugh.
lovemykidstoo 11:24 AM 07-17-2014
She just turned 4. She's only here 2 times a week. I honestly don't care if she just lays on her mat and looks at books as long as she's not next to me asking me 100 questions. Just irritating that people think that I'm not supposed to be slamming a sandwich down my throat without answering questions or helping in the bathroom etc.
CedarCreek 11:35 AM 07-17-2014
My own son is 4 and he normally doesn't nap. However, yesterday he must have been really tired because when my dh went to pick him up from our provider at 5, he was just getting up from a nap. He did stay up until about 12 last night, but hes a good kid, he just played with his toys and then put them back got into bed when he was tired.

I dont have a problem with him napping at daycare if hes tired, I would just prefer if it were earlier in the day.

What time is your rest period? What time does dcg get there in the morning?
lovemykidstoo 11:45 AM 07-17-2014
Originally Posted by CedarCreek:
My own son is 4 and he normally doesn't nap. However, yesterday he must have been really tired because when my dh went to pick him up from our provider at 5, he was just getting up from a nap. He did stay up until about 12 last night, but hes a good kid, he just played with his toys and then put them back got into bed when he was tired.

I dont have a problem with him napping at daycare if hes tired, I would just prefer if it were earlier in the day.

What time is your rest period? What time does dcg get there in the morning?
I have to reiterate that I don't mind if she doesn't sleep, but I think that I do deserve a 1/2 hr lunch. Of course I don't get even that right now because I just started a baby (1 handed typing right now lol). The kids usually lay down about 12:45 and sleep a couple of hours. My thing is, I always have "rest" time. I NEVER go in there and say that they have to sleep. If they fall asleep then they do. That tells me that they need it if they do. She doesn't get here until 10:00 so I think that her sleeping in doesn't help her nighttime regime either.
CedarCreek 11:52 AM 07-17-2014
You definitely do deserve a lunch! Not saying you don't.

I was just wondering what time the rest period was. I think yours is early enough for that to not be the problem if she does fall asleep anyway. I think you're right, her sleeping in may be part of it.

On the days that she isnt there, is she at home? I wonder what is so different about her routine that she sleeps fine on those days.
CedarCreek 11:56 AM 07-17-2014
I'm also starting to wonder if shes waking in the middle of the night as well if Mom isn't being very forthcoming about any changes that are happening at home. If shes staying up until late, she should be OUT when she finally sleeps.
lovemykidstoo 12:00 PM 07-17-2014
Originally Posted by CedarCreek:
You definitely do deserve a lunch! Not saying you don't.

I was just wondering what time the rest period was. I think yours is early enough for that to not be the problem if she does fall asleep anyway. I think you're right, her sleeping in may be part of it.

On the days that she isnt there, is she at home? I wonder what is so different about her routine that she sleeps fine on those days.
Oh, sorry, I know you weren't saying that about the lunch. It was more the attitude of the mom. I really don't mind those requests and I do what I can to accomodate. My daughter was 3 when she stopped napping, so I totally get it. She just acted kinda nasty about it is all. I honestly don't know other than the nap what is done different at home. her mom only works 2 days a week. I think that the dcg sleeping until 9:00 doesn't help for sure.
CedarCreek 12:04 PM 07-17-2014
There must be something going on at home if shes acting nasty about it.

She's projecting her issues on to you. I'm just curious about what they are...lol
lovemykidstoo 12:10 PM 07-17-2014
I think today she was just tired. The mom I mean because dcg was here yesterday adn last night was when she was up late and up again in the middle of the night.
Reply Up