Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Just a vent and a question....
Luvnmykidz 11:14 AM 08-20-2014
I gave dcm a term notice and explained that any issues during this period would result in automatic term. Mom continues to park in neighbors spaces saying she doesn't appreciate them getting smart with her and blocking her in, she lies on an employee at a location were attending for a trip stating the young lady told her that dcg can participate for free, and to top it off she brings a nasty car seat with dried poop in it covered with a receiving blanket. I bring it to her attention that its disgusting and she gets mad. I ask why she would even place dcg in the seat like that and why she felt it was ok to bring it in my home like that, knowing everything dcg sits on now has the same germs from this filthy seat. This child is just getting over a stomach virus ( mom lied about) which is probably what the stains are from. DCM says it happened over the weekend and shes handled it and not discussing it with me so, end of conversation. I've had just about enough of her constant disrespect, lies and inconsiderate behaviors. I tell her that she can pick up the child's items but I am not accepting her back into care. Now dcm has not contacted to get her items. How long do I hold them and if the items are here past that time can I send it C.O.D. ?
CedarCreek 11:32 AM 08-20-2014
Don't hold them at all. Just package them up and send them to her via certified mail.

You could try to send them C.O. D. too.
Luvnmykidz 11:46 AM 08-20-2014
So if she doesn't show by closing time then I can send it certified mail in the morning? I have a form that they sign stating they received there items, will the certified mail receipt be proof enough that she received her items back? Also thank you for your response.
CedarCreek 11:52 AM 08-20-2014
When did you term? Today?

If so, I'd let her know that she has until closing time on Friday to collect the items and if she doesnt you will send them to her via certified mail.

The receipt should be proof enough, yes.
Luvnmykidz 11:57 AM 08-20-2014
I termed yesterday evening after trying to talk to her and not getting anywhere with it.
CedarCreek 12:00 PM 08-20-2014
Okay. Me personally, I'd still give her until Friday at closing to pick up. Just so she cant say you were being unreasonable.
Luvnmykidz 01:56 PM 08-20-2014
Well she just showed up and took all her items and signed my form. She got tears in her eyes when I handed her the items and the form. I will miss the dcg, but I am happy to be done with her drama and disrespect. Good luck to any provider that gets her.
CedarCreek 02:17 PM 08-20-2014
Oh, good! That ended up being way less worse than it could have been!

Good riddance!
AmyKidsCo 08:03 PM 08-20-2014
I've never had parents sign a form saying they received all their items. Has anyone had a problem with parents claiming they didn't? Or are you just being careful?
Blackcat31 06:18 AM 08-21-2014
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
I've never had parents sign a form saying they received all their items. Has anyone had a problem with parents claiming they didn't? Or are you just being careful?
I always have parents sign saying they received all their belongings and that they have paid for all services/notices that were due.

I sign, they sign.

We each get a copy.

I do it because I like closure and prefer to cover all my bases and leave no outs.

Disgruntled parents are not always predictable so doing what I can on my end saves me trouble later if it happens to show up...kwim?

I can send you a copy of my withdrawal form if you are interested in seeing it.
Luvnmykidz 07:44 PM 08-22-2014
I haven't had an issue yet, but decided that it would be beneficial. I actually read a few threads from BC and a few other providers that use a form, and then created mine. Thanks ladies, I am constantly learning and making positive changes in my daycare because of you all and your guidance/suggestions.
Reply Up