Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>My Last Day :(
Sunny Day 11:15 AM 04-15-2011
I'm due in 3 weeks and today is my last day of doing daycare ever--going to be a stay at home mommy, which I'm excited about, but I can't believe how sad I actually am! I thought I'd be jumping for joy with the issues I've had in my daycare lately. I just keep thinking "what the heck am I going to do with myself Monday morning! I've already said good-bye to two of my kiddies and just have one more to go. Trying VERY hard to keep it together, it is crazy how attached you get to them! Thanks for all the help and advice over the past few months everyone, I appreciate it!
lil angels 11:17 AM 04-15-2011
WOW very lucky you will have to find lots of mommy groups to meet some new moms and kids. You enjoy most of us only dream of being able to do that.
Zoe 12:15 PM 04-15-2011
Good luck with your baby! Enjoy the time with him/her!
missnikki 12:34 PM 04-15-2011
I hope this feels like the best thing you could have done, very very soon! Enjoy the little bundle and maybe check in once in a while?
Sunny Day 01:17 PM 04-15-2011
thanks! I'll for sure check in!
ninosqueridos 01:21 PM 04-15-2011
awwww wishing you all the best with your little one!
MsMe 01:24 PM 04-15-2011
Is this your first child? I only ask bc it is my plan to quit and stay home when I have one of my own in the next two years. I am worried I would go stir crazy with only one at home after caring for 8+ everyday for 7 years.

Please come back and let us know how you are.
Sunny Day 01:30 PM 04-15-2011
its my second--I have a little girl who is 3. Everyone keeps telling me--"Oh you're so in for it, just wait until you have 2!!!" I'm thinking "okay, I know I don't have them 24 hours a day, but I've been looking after 4-6 of them for the last 2 years!!!" lol. Maybe I'll eat my words...we'll have to see! I don't think I'll be bored though
cheerfuldom 02:12 PM 04-15-2011
you could always do one or two kids in the future or part time kids for extra money. I have two, almost three and still do daycare. Adjusting to two kids was no big deal at all. The worst part was just that my current daycare parents were all pains. I only kept one long term and everyone else had to go for my sanity. Still, actually taking care of multiple kids isn't a big deal when you have done it for so long.
E Daycare 02:23 PM 04-15-2011
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
you could always do one or two kids in the future or part time kids for extra money.
This is what I do. I just termed my full timer and kept my part time dck thats here maybe 3 days a week and have another VERY part time kid. I have my 21mo old DS and its nice that he has a friend come every once and awhile otherwise its mom and Im only fun for so long lol.

Congrats on the new bundle and enjoy your time with your kids!
Tags:close, closing daycare, last day
Reply Up