Daycare.com Forum Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 04-27-2014, 09:54 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Default Mother's Day Gifts

With Mother's Day coming up I thought we could help each other out and post what we're doing for Mother's Day.

Last year I did framed footprints & hand picked flowers

This year I have no idea yet.

My dck's are 5 months, just turned 1, 2 yo, & 2.5 yo.
Old 04-28-2014, 04:12 AM
Daycare.com Member

We planted flower seeds. We are painting ceramic pots with handprints and sponge painting butterflies or hearts, then will spray with sealant. I also did a questionnaire with the dcks who could answer some simple questions about their mom.
I might also have them bake muffins and print out the poem that was in a different post about If You Give A Mom A Muffin.

We did pots last year too but oh well.
Old 04-28-2014, 05:08 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I think I am going to do the old salt dough handprint but, put it inside the shape of a heart since the hand is so hard to cut out! I made the for Christmas one year but, they didn't turn out too great so I never did anything with them.
Old 04-28-2014, 05:15 AM
Daycare.com Member

I'll have the kids paint a couple of flowers each, then I'll cut out the centers, and replace them with pictures of their face...I did it once and we loved it!
Old 04-28-2014, 07:22 AM
Daycare.com Member

We did cookies in a jar so that the kids could help their moms make them at home and do something together. We also did thumb print flowers with a poem. Not sure what we're doing this year. The kids 2 and under are the hardest to figure out what to do since they can't do a lot.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:46 AM
Daycare.com Member

I am thinking of getting some pre planted herbs and transporting them into larger pots that the kids can paint. I figure they can keep them on the windowsill to smell nice, but they are useful for cooking. I have done frames and mugs etc for years. I always spend too much, and only a few parents actually care.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:58 AM
Daycare.com Member

I have many ideas. Last year I did a handprint with a poem a questionnaire about mom which was adorable! But this year my dcks are too little for the questionnaire

I was also thinking of doing If you give a mom a muffin with a muffin mix or maybe bake muffins with the kids
Old 04-28-2014, 08:06 AM
Daycare.com Member

I also like these:

Egg carton flowers

Silhouette in black on colored paper

You are my sunshine
Attached Images
File Type: jpg egg carton flowers.jpg (37.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg silhouette.jpg (50.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg sunshine.jpg (45.1 KB, 3 views)
Old 04-28-2014, 09:40 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyMom View Post
I also like these:

Egg carton flowers

Silhouette in black on colored paper

You are my sunshine

I love that silhouette! How do you do that?
Old 04-28-2014, 10:41 AM
Daycare.com Member

The silhouette is a favorite of mine, easy but a little time consuming.

You just take a picture of the child's head and shoulders, standing sideways and looking slightly up (I give them a spot to look at).

Then print the picture whatever size you want (I've done a 4x6 size to put in a 5x7 frame for dck's but for my own kids I made them bigger in an 8x10 frame).

Cut out the child's head and shoulders

Then trace onto black cardstock or designed paper if you like.

Glue the silhouette on a piece of cardstock and frame!

I like to write the child's name and date along the bottom
Old 04-28-2014, 10:41 AM
OSS Child Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiegirl View Post
We planted flower seeds. We are painting ceramic pots with handprints and sponge painting butterflies or hearts, then will spray with sealant. I also did a questionnaire with the dcks who could answer some simple questions about their mom.
I might also have them bake muffins and print out the poem that was in a different post about If You Give A Mom A Muffin.

We did pots last year too but oh well.
We're doing the same thing with the handprint ceramic pots, only we planted sugar peas
Old 04-28-2014, 10:50 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyMom View Post
The silhouette is a favorite of mine, easy but a little time consuming.

You just take a picture of the child's head and shoulders, standing sideways and looking slightly up (I give them a spot to look at).

Then print the picture whatever size you want (I've done a 4x6 size to put in a 5x7 frame for dck's but for my own kids I made them bigger in an 8x10 frame).

Cut out the child's head and shoulders

Then trace onto black cardstock or designed paper if you like.

Glue the silhouette on a piece of cardstock and frame!

I like to write the child's name and date along the bottom

http://www.thesitsgirls.com/diy/do-i...n-silhouettes/

I found this too, where you paint the back of the picture black instead of tracing on cardstock. This is a good option to involve the kids more, since this project doesn't involve them too much lol.

This pic shows what they look like in black. I have a set of 8x10's of my kids, I LOVE them!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg silhouette 1.jpg (26.0 KB, 3 views)
Old 04-28-2014, 10:54 AM
Daycare.com Member

The painted pot idea. The kids REALLY enjoy watching something grow that they planted. I have mainly 3-4 year olds so it will be perfect.

There are SO many cool ideas on Pinterest, it is so hard to pick just one!
Old 04-28-2014, 11:08 AM
Daycare.com Member

Oooh I love the sunshine one too!
Old 04-28-2014, 11:16 AM
Daycare.com Member

I' did flower pots with handprints & a poem, with petunia's in them. This year we will be making colorful pasta necklaces and paper flower's. I've done so many handprints/footprints & I just did the photo shoot for Easter, but could easily work for Mom, using white paper with a M O M, kid holding it up and making a photo collage. I bought the colorful frames from IKEA, so they were stylish, and cheap =)

Good luck!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1866.jpg (138.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5368.jpg (53.6 KB, 17 views)
Old 04-28-2014, 11:29 AM
Daycare.com Member

Last year we painted metal flower pots an planted a flowers in them. We also made cards and I put a pic of the child on the front.

This year I bought wooden picture frames that the kids are going to paintband these cute "mom" sticker type phrases to put on the frames. We are also going to make cards again.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:18 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDC View Post
I' did flower pots with handprints & a poem, with petunia's in them. This year we will be making colorful pasta necklaces and paper flower's. I've done so many handprints/footprints & I just did the photo shoot for Easter, but could easily work for Mom, using white paper with a M O M, kid holding it up and making a photo collage. I bought the colorful frames from IKEA, so they were stylish, and cheap =)

Good luck!
OMG that photo shoot is too cute! I might do that for something somewhere along the way! Different funny faces and every different angle, since we all know how hard it is to get a good smiling pic of a toddler!
Old 04-28-2014, 12:34 PM
Family ChildCare Provider

Did you know that MOM is WOW upside down?
One year we made cards that said that The four-year-olds got a big kick out of it. The moms pretty much said ... Wow is right ... about their kids.