Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help with term letter.
JaydensMommy 12:29 PM 03-25-2013
I had a family start, ignored red flags, really needed to try to fill spots so I gave it a try even though they were late to interview. They seemed extremely nice. Well, first day, she says he will be here at 8, at 9 i get a message that they are running late and will be here by 9:30, they ended up getting here around 10. Same story all week. DCB was not well behaved, I heard a lot of No, which I would be willing to work on if it wasn't for parents flakiness. Then.. on Friday mom is late.. not extremely but.. about 10 min, she calls me.. I expect to hear running late at work.. NO.. she was gettting a haircut.. and thought she would be done by 4:30. Ok.. she was extremely apologetic but obviously not the most considerate person. Next she asks to switch days since dcb won't be here this week. I did tell her no. She was supposed mail a check since she is out of town for this weeks payment, checked the mail it's not in there.

Ok, so this is obviously not working out and not worth the stress and frustration. So I need help, I am going to email her since she will not be here this week. I just need help, I would like to let her know, I have decided to try to fill the spot with full timers instead, because I don't want drama, she is part time.
CedarCreek 12:36 PM 03-25-2013
Do you have a trial period?
JaydensMommy 01:02 PM 03-25-2013
yes, its two weeks. It will be two weeks tomorrow. So, I am planning on sending the e-mail today.
Blackcat31 01:35 PM 03-25-2013
Originally Posted by JaydensMommy:
I had a family start, ignored red flags, really needed to try to fill spots so I gave it a try even though they were late to interview. They seemed extremely nice. Well, first day, she says he will be here at 8, at 9 i get a message that they are running late and will be here by 9:30, they ended up getting here around 10. Same story all week. DCB was not well behaved, I heard a lot of No, which I would be willing to work on if it wasn't for parents flakiness. Then.. on Friday mom is late.. not extremely but.. about 10 min, she calls me.. I expect to hear running late at work.. NO.. she was gettting a haircut.. and thought she would be done by 4:30. Ok.. she was extremely apologetic but obviously not the most considerate person. Next she asks to switch days since dcb won't be here this week. I did tell her no. She was supposed mail a check since she is out of town for this weeks payment, checked the mail it's not in there.

Ok, so this is obviously not working out and not worth the stress and frustration. So I need help, I am going to email her since she will not be here this week. I just need help, I would like to let her know, I have decided to try to fill the spot with full timers instead, because I don't want drama, she is part time.
Dear DCP

This is written notice that I will not be permanently enrolling your child in my program at this time. The last day I will provide care will be Friday, March 29, 2013.

Due to business reasons, I have decided to go a different direction and enroll a full timer.

I have included the number to our local Child Care Resource and Referral office to aid you in finding a child care program that better suits your needs.

Thank you,

Child Care Provider.

Hope that helps
CedarCreek 01:39 PM 03-25-2013
Oh super easy then.

Dear dcm,

Thank you for your consideration of my program. As you know, the first two weeks are a trial period for everyone to see if they are adjusting. The trial period is coming to a close tomorrow and unfortunately I will no longer be able to provide care after (insert date here). I wish you luck in your search for childcare.

Thank you

Keep it short and sweet. If she ask why just say that you think it's best that you part ways or it's a scheduling conflict with your own family.
JaydensMommy 01:44 PM 03-25-2013
Thank you!! Exactly what I wanted to say but I have the hardest time comin up with the right words.
Reply Up