Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Xmas Presents
momma2girls 04:39 AM 12-04-2009
Hi!
I was wondering what everyone was giving their daycare kiddos for xmas?
tymaboy 05:10 AM 12-04-2009
I'm getting them all something different. I got the one a winnie the pooh activity thing. I also have a play school flash light for another but want to get something else to go along with it. I bought a rattle for the new baby & not sure what I will get the oldest one. I have lots of ideas for him but not sure what I really want to do. With this little guy I have to be careful cuz I could spend as much on him as I do on my DS.
jen 05:44 AM 12-04-2009
I usually get them all something different. This year I am thinking about getting them all monogrammed blankets and pillows to keep at daycare...I know that all of my dck get tons of toys and I think mine just get lost in the thick of it all. I also am considering giving them toys or one big toy to stay at daycare...
AmandasFCC 06:45 AM 12-04-2009
My kids are getting books and homemade goodies ... if I can get around to some baking that is ...
momma2girls 07:42 AM 12-04-2009
Hi!
Thanks for the ideas!! It's great to see what others are all doing. I know a couple of my daycare friends are making a goodie plate for the family and that is all. I know I started doing daycare with $20-$25.00 items for each child, but now as times are tough for everyone- I have resorted to about $10.00 for each. It is expensive enough for your own families for xmas presents!!
Thanks so much!!
Happy Holidays to you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mac60 08:27 AM 12-04-2009
I got $9 gifts Friday after Thanksgiving at Walmart. I bought 2 playdoh kitchen activity sets, 2 littlest pet shops, 2 connect 4 games, 2 duplo 100 piece block sets. All of these were $9 each. Great deals. I too was worried about what I would get, as hubby is laid off and money is scarce.
kitkat 10:11 AM 12-04-2009
I bought these HUGE hooded towels from Kohl's that have an animal face on the hood. The corners even have a little pocket for the kids to up their hands in. They were on sale and I had an additional % off coupon so I only paid $10 (originally they were $30). I try to stay away from toys as much as possible.
mac60 11:53 AM 12-04-2009
Normally it is a nice pr of pjs, but money was scare this year, they are lucky they are getting anything.
momma2girls 02:18 PM 12-04-2009
I totally agree, with the times like they are for everyone!!!!
Unregistered 06:39 AM 12-06-2009
I wasn't planning on getting them anything. Is that bad? Now I am feeling like I should since all of you are.
Unregistered 10:06 AM 12-07-2009
I used to always get the kids something but this year I am beyond broke. Last year I was a bit discouraged because not one child or parent thanked me. I don't do it for the appreciation, but it really made me think about it. I would be so disappointed in my child if the roles were reversed. We even made gifts for the parents and only one parent thanked me.

Anyways, this year for our party we are doing a craft exchange. We will be drawing names and buying a craft project under $10. I have 12 children so even at $10 each I would need to spend $120 and that is just not feasable this year. I think of what I could buy for my own child.
Chickenhauler 11:20 AM 12-09-2009
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I wasn't planning on getting them anything. Is that bad? Now I am feeling like I should since all of you are.
In the true sense of Christmas, no, you should not feel bad.

Christmas isn't about gifts.
wejo928 04:19 PM 12-09-2009
For the parents who are paid up to date I bought the girls dolls and the boys trucks.
For the parent's who are not paid up to date I got books for the children with their latest statement. lol.
Sorry but I had to do it. I can nto justify the cost when they owe me.

The thing I hate the most is saying you got your kids some exspensive gifts but I can nt because you owe me. I just started responding that is nice. I was going to get my child that but could not because you did nto pay me. But I cut the picture out and am putting it in a card for my child with a note saying "after the court awards me the non-paid childcare charges I will buy it for you.

I had 2 out of 3 families pay up. Of coarse it helped that I posted on the bulitin board the agreement page w the part highlighted statin if I have to take a parent to court for non-payment they have to pay all my court cost & legal fees. Includeing lawyer fees ($250 hr)lol

3 rd parent made payment but not paid up.
wejo928
mac60 02:26 AM 12-10-2009
While I understand your reasonoing, to some extent, punishing the young children for the actions of their parents just doesn't seem right. The young children have no control over their parents and when they pay you.

Kind of reminds me of our school system when parents don't send in lunch money, you will get a peanut butter sandwich day after day.
kiddiecare 05:30 AM 12-10-2009
'For the parent's who are not paid up to date I got books for the children with their latest statement. '
That statement cracked me up! Without knowing what your policies are or what kind of contract you have I think adding the invoice to thier kids presents will definitely get thier attention. I eliminated late or non payments by making the dcp pay every friday a week in advance of care. The parents know they owe and were probably thinking they could just keep holding you off, but i agree with Mac60, it's unfair to punish the kids because of the parents irresponsibility. I hadnt planned on getting my dck anything for xmas as i was to broke but i was able to do some house cleaning on the side and get some $ for xmas so my kiddos are getting some books, a xmas ornament, some baked goodies and for the parents I am making some really cute picture frames of their kids that i got from another provider on another site. I paid $5 at walmart for the frames and got some scrapbooking paper with a few stickers and the rest of the items needed i already had in my arts and crafts stuff. I do think that i will have at least one parent get something for the daycare, I will be sending out a newsletter stating that due to the children's different schedules I will not be doing a xmas party this year and that if they would like to get something then letting their child pick out an age appropriate toy for the daycare would be cool.
GretasLittleFriends 09:37 AM 12-10-2009
While I understand your point Mac60, I have to say it's up to the provider. Personally I think the children should be grateful to get anything at all, whether their parents have paid or not. The presents I have chosen to give each of my children will be opened at their own home. Two reasons #1 Another child can't complain that he wanted the book and monkey when he got a book and turtle instead, and #2 if the child doesn't like the present I don't have to see the disappointed look on the child's face.

On a side note, our school district here, if the kid doesn't pay the kid doesn't eat. They'd go broke feeding children peanut butter sandwiches because the parents here would think, well, that's ok, my kids are still getting something to eat. Of course, better than 2/3 of the children k-12 are on reduced or free meals anyway.
Chickenhauler 11:54 PM 12-10-2009
Originally Posted by mac60:
Kind of reminds me of our school system when parents don't send in lunch money, you will get a peanut butter sandwich day after day.
I'd bet that PB&J is more food, and better for them than they are getting at home.

Never could figure that out.. (parents that can't "afford" to feed their kid lunch)...school lunch is CHEAP! $2 is what ours cost, and that includes an entree, veggie, fruit, and milk.
tymaboy 05:37 AM 12-11-2009
I hate the way our school system does lunch. My DS will choose to wait till he gets home to eat cuz we think someone else punches in a wrong number on the system then someone elses account gets charged. We think that happens to DS account but when he says something they dont do anything about it.
mac60 06:23 AM 12-11-2009
Originally Posted by tymaboy:
I hate the way our school system does lunch. My DS will choose to wait till he gets home to eat cuz we think someone else punches in a wrong number on the system then someone elses account gets charged. We think that happens to DS account but when he says something they dont do anything about it.
My kids were in high school when they started this at our school, and we had the same issues. We could go online and check their account to make sure deposits were made. I did that, and I also called on more than one occassion that his money was not in his account. We just lost the money. They even would ask us which "lady" it was given too.....when in fact there was just a "box" it was dropped in and "no lady". I got tired of the crap with our system. All it takes is the person to punch in 1 wrong number and the monies go into the wrong account. I know it happens.

My sister works at the elementary school and tells me the horror stories of the lunch room. How a kid will have maxed out their charges because parents did not send in money. And how they will get a pnt btr sandwich and a milk day after day for lunch because they have irresponsible parents who don't give a damn whether they eat or not. My sister has on many occassions paid for a childs lunch.
jen 06:46 AM 12-11-2009
I've had that happen...I called the school and got it squared away pretty easily. Maybe if you call instead they will be more proactive!
jen 06:56 AM 12-11-2009
Originally Posted by Chickenhauler:
I'd bet that PB&J is more food, and better for them than they are getting at home.

Never could figure that out.. (parents that can't "afford" to feed their kid lunch)...school lunch is CHEAP! $2 is what ours cost, and that includes an entree, veggie, fruit, and milk.
How many kids do you have? Don't get me wrong...I completely believe that they are MY children and MY responsbility to feed...however, for people who have had set-backs and have more than one child, lunch can get expensive. I've got 3 kids, lunch is 2.20/day, so if there are 20 school days in a month, the minimum is $132.

HOWEVER, our school has revamped the lunch menues to focus more on fruits and vegetable, and less on meats. Which is fine, unless you are 15, the starting point guard for the basetball team, and STARVING. In which case, you will also be paying for a 2nd entree...an additional $1.50 per day...

My biggest pet peeve...that they are offering additional "sides" of fruit roll-up, pop-tarts, cookies, water bottles....I called and put a hold on my kids account because they were going through lunch money like crazy!
Chickenhauler 10:40 AM 12-11-2009
Originally Posted by mac60:
My kids were in high school when they started this at our school, and we had the same issues. We could go online and check their account to make sure deposits were made. I did that, and I also called on more than one occassion that his money was not in his account. We just lost the money. They even would ask us which "lady" it was given too.....when in fact there was just a "box" it was dropped in and "no lady". I got tired of the crap with our system. All it takes is the person to punch in 1 wrong number and the monies go into the wrong account. I know it happens.

My sister works at the elementary school and tells me the horror stories of the lunch room. How a kid will have maxed out their charges because parents did not send in money. And how they will get a pnt btr sandwich and a milk day after day for lunch because they have irresponsible parents who don't give a damn whether they eat or not. My sister has on many occassions paid for a childs lunch.
When we lived in OR, we could "deposit" money into the kids lunch accounts using our debit cards, and the "code" was thumbprint....nobody else's kid could use my kids "code".

Originally Posted by jen:
How many kids do you have? Don't get me wrong...I completely believe that they are MY children and MY responsbility to feed...however, for people who have had set-backs and have more than one child, lunch can get expensive. I've got 3 kids, lunch is 2.20/day, so if there are 20 school days in a month, the minimum is $132.

HOWEVER, our school has revamped the lunch menues to focus more on fruits and vegetable, and less on meats. Which is fine, unless you are 15, the starting point guard for the basetball team, and STARVING. In which case, you will also be paying for a 2nd entree...an additional $1.50 per day...

My biggest pet peeve...that they are offering additional "sides" of fruit roll-up, pop-tarts, cookies, water bottles....I called and put a hold on my kids account because they were going through lunch money like crazy!
I have two kids, and a third on the way.

Reason I say it's "CHEAP", even @ $2.20 per meal, where are you going to get ANYTHING for that, much less prepared and served hot?

Heck, even a frozen pizza that isn't cardboard with ketchup on it costs $5, and then you still gotta cook it and toss in a beverage (milk or juice).

Heck, I just dropped $10 on a Reuben, fries and a Sprite.

Can you feed 60 meals (3 kids, 20 school days) for $132, even at home? It'd be tough......

My take on "bottled water".....if the water at the fountain or tap is that unsafe, maybe it's time to drill a new well. Bottled water is the best marketing gimmick ever. Still mad I missed out on the ground floor on that scam.
momofboys 11:00 AM 12-11-2009

Not cheap to me. But then I have two in school & it would cost us over $20 for the week (ours is $2.25!) That's why we pack almost everyday, lol!
momma2girls 11:01 AM 12-11-2009
I think ours is $2.50 each day as well.
momofboys 11:03 AM 12-11-2009
Oh my goodness! I think that happened to my son last year. We had paid in advance for up to 15 lunches for him. We usually pack 3-4 days a week anyway & I keep track of how many credits we still had at home. One day he came home from school saying he had no more credits & according to my calendar he still had 4 left!!!!! I wrote a note & complained to no avail. We were just out that $. So now since that happened I make him bring the $$$ in on the days he buys.
seashell 12:46 PM 12-11-2009
I usually get the kids the book and stuffed animal sets from Kohls. I went last night, and they $8. I was a happy girl at the savings and even bought a new toy for daycare!
Chickenhauler 01:00 PM 12-12-2009
Originally Posted by janarae:
Not cheap to me. But then I have two in school & it would cost us over $20 for the week (ours is $2.25!) That's why we pack almost everyday, lol!
Take the time to actually crunch the numbers once on what exactly goes into that bag lunch for the week, and I bet you'll find that you're spending more than $22.50.

Decent lunch meat costs $5 per package (and I don't count Oscar Mayer Bologna as "decent", unless we're talking dog treats).
momofboys 05:03 PM 12-12-2009
Take the time to actually crunch the numbers once on what exactly goes into that bag lunch for the week, and I bet you'll find that you're spending more than $22.50.

Decent lunch meat costs $5 per package (and I don't count Oscar Mayer Bologna as "decent", unless we're talking dog treats).
No, we'd never send an Oscar Mayer snack lunch. Yuck!!! Anyway,we have thermoses that the boys take which we put about 5-6 oz of milk in, very inexpensive considering milk in my area has been under $2 gallon lately. We make sandwiches (very cheap; we have an Amish Meat & Cheese store in town & live close to an Amish community which has several stores who compete against each other, they sell excellent deli lunch meat/cheese at GREAT prices $2.99/pound is the average- they always have 2 or three cheeses or meats at cheap sale prices to get you in the door-we simply buy the ones on sale & nothing else, lol! The meat/cheese that is not on sale is well over $3 pound; we just don't buy those! ), include a miniature box of raisins (one bag costs $1.89 for about 12 boxes) & a small Kroger brand pack of yogurt (33 cents at my Kroger grocery store). By my calculations this should cost $1.50 each, probably less. I don't have time to do the math.
But I do understand your logic; we have to take the time to make the lunch, buy the groceries, & shop for good prices, etc. But saving the $$$ is more important to us at this time. Times are tough for many & we are no exception & since I only care for one family I don't bring in much $$$.
Former Teacher 07:01 PM 12-12-2009
hmmm how did we get from Christmas presents to lunches I don't know!

Anyway about lunches: I think I said in a earlier post about how on field trips parents would never bring their child a sack lunch. The director didn't want the children to go hungry so she would make a lunch...well one thing led to another and on 1 trip more than half didnt bring a lunch. They figured hey since the dc was already providing the lunch, they didnt need to bring it. Sad to say but the child(ren) were made to suffer because of stupidity of the parents. Needless to say, it stopped after that trip.

About Christmas gifts: Again its a shame the child is made to suffer. I use to ALWAYS give my kids something. And not no toy from the dollar store either. Never once did I get a thank you. Oh sure, over the years the special parents would give me a small trinket or something. But it would have been nice to maybe at least HEAR a real thank you. One year out of a class of 20, I got maybe 3 gifts tops. Again no thank yous. That was the last year I gave my class gifts.

Please don't get me wrong. I am NOT at all selfish or greedy. I just wanted to be appreciated, that's all. And I know that Christmas is not all about gifts. I am sure I sound like a bad person but again it goes back to I just wanted to be appreciated. It seems that the only time we appreciate the things and people in our lives is around the holiday season.
Chickenhauler 04:39 AM 12-13-2009
Originally Posted by janarae:
No, we'd never send an Oscar Mayer snack lunch. Yuck!!! Anyway,we have thermoses that the boys take which we put about 5-6 oz of milk in, very inexpensive considering milk in my area has been under $2 gallon lately. We make sandwiches (very cheap; we have an Amish Meat & Cheese store in town & live close to an Amish community which has several stores who compete against each other, they sell excellent deli lunch meat/cheese at GREAT prices $2.99/pound is the average- they always have 2 or three cheeses or meats at cheap sale prices to get you in the door-we simply buy the ones on sale & nothing else, lol! The meat/cheese that is not on sale is well over $3 pound; we just don't buy those! ), include a miniature box of raisins (one bag costs $1.89 for about 12 boxes) & a small Kroger brand pack of yogurt (33 cents at my Kroger grocery store). By my calculations this should cost $1.50 each, probably less. I don't have time to do the math.
But I do understand your logic; we have to take the time to make the lunch, buy the groceries, & shop for good prices, etc. But saving the $$$ is more important to us at this time. Times are tough for many & we are no exception & since I only care for one family I don't bring in much $$$.
Then add in the value of eating a hot meal....especially this time of year. It's hard to put a dollar value on the difference between a hot meal and a cold sammich in the winter.

When we lived in OR, the school had a few dozen nukers in the lunchroom for the kids to use to heat up their sack lunches.....worked out awesome, as the kids could bring leftovers from home! Now that's saving a buck!
kiddiecare 07:09 AM 12-13-2009
I live in Oregon and i've eaten at my childrens school, the food is disgusting and not worth a $1 let alone the $2 something they charge. My sons elem. school doesnt even cook food anymore they haul it over from one of the middle schools, and the pb&j sandwhiches are gross. We mostly pack lunch just because the food they serve isnt eatible at school. (add to that the rediculous amount of time the children are now allowed lunch and standing in line for a hot meal gives them maybe 5 minutes to eat.) My ex dh is a hr manager for a Lrg food plant and we were pretty disgusted to find out that Prisoners recieve a higher grade of food than the schools..Really the state/government wants to pay more $ to serve scum of the earth a higher quality food than the children we are trying to educate that are our future? Doesn't make sense does it?
DBug 10:29 AM 12-14-2009
This discussion really makes me appreciate being Canadian -- where any school that has a cafeteria is either a high school or a private one. There is no way I could trust my 7 and 9 year old boys to make good decisions in a lunch line. My oldest would likely go without, and pocket the money to save up for the latest toy!

Whether it's cheaper or not, I much prefer having the control over what my kids are being offered to eat!

But back to Christmas gifts ... This is my first year running a home daycare, so I don't know if I'll get anything. I don't even know some of the families well enough to know if they even celebrate Christmas. I do know that I've got some great families, and I want to show my appreciation to them by giving them something.

And it's always a good idea to give people reasons to say nice things about you to others ... especially in a business where word-of-mouth is the best advertising!
Unregistered 11:05 AM 12-14-2009
Doesn't the USDA supply the food for both the schools and the federal prisons? And they also provide the schools with stuff that is excess. I limit my daughters prison food consumption to once a week because she likes the pizza. I guess it's the same reason she's 6 and hasn't eaten at McDonald's yet. Hot or not, it's still crap.

For Christmas presents I get the kids a book and then have them help with an elaborate (mostly me doing it) craft for their parents.
tymaboy 01:02 PM 12-14-2009
Tonite is my parents night out. I plan on giving the kids their gifts tonite. The water globes that I want to give the parents have not arrived yet so they will have to wait
momma2girls 01:17 PM 12-14-2009
Your parent nights out, how much do you charge? How many hrs. etc.?
originalkat 07:25 PM 12-14-2009
I wasn't planning on getting the kids gifts, but when I was at Walmart last night I decided to pick up a book for each one. They are the ones where you push the buttons on the side to make noise and go with the story. I am glad I did though. It will be fun to see the kids excited to open their gifts.

I used to get gifs from a lot of parents when I worked in centers (especially the ones in SanDiego). But honestly, I do not expect a gift from any of my parents this year.
tymaboy 06:17 AM 12-15-2009
Originally Posted by Iowa daycare:
Your parent nights out, how much do you charge? How many hrs. etc.?
I dont charge for my PNO. I only do it once a yr, it gives the parents a chance to finish their shopping (or whatever they want to do) Its also my way of saying thank you to them. The hours I set for them is 6-9. I only had one that stayed to 9 last night. The parents went to a movie. We had fun last night, I am glad I chose last nite (cuz they were not cranky) We ordered pizza, I didnt worry about the requirements for the food program. Gave the kids their gifts then a bath & watched Gabba Gabba, a DVD I got the 1 dcb.
Chickenhauler 06:32 PM 12-16-2009
Originally Posted by DBug:
This discussion really makes me appreciate being Canadian -- where any school that has a cafeteria is either a high school or a private one. There is no way I could trust my 7 and 9 year old boys to make good decisions in a lunch line. My oldest would likely go without, and pocket the money to save up for the latest toy!

Whether it's cheaper or not, I much prefer having the control over what my kids are being offered to eat!
Wait, let me get this straight....because Canadian schools offer no hot lunch program for students, that somehow makes them better??????

Most schools have a charge-type system, so you don't have to send cash on a daily basis for the little thief to skim from, they have accounts, tickets, etc.

Before you bash our school lunch program, you should do some research into what's being offered to them....it's not twinkies, big mac's and soda they're getting, but a main entree (pizza, burger, open faced meat sammich, meatloaf, etc), a fruit, a veggie, milk and usually a potato of some variety (mashed is a fav).

Whether they eat it all or not, that's something that no parent can control once they're out of our sight.
momma2girls 07:34 PM 12-16-2009
I have heard of daycares that do this and charge for it, once a month. Does anyone out there do this? How many hrs. and how much do you charge?
Thanks!!
momofboys 08:06 PM 12-16-2009
"This discussion really makes me appreciate being Canadian -- where any school that has a cafeteria is either a high school or a private one. There is no way I could trust my 7 and 9 year old boys to make good decisions in a lunch line. My oldest would likely go without, and pocket the money to save up for the latest toy! "

Whether it's cheaper or not, I much prefer having the control over what my kids are being offered to eat!"

I'm in the U.S. & my kids don't get free rein to get whatever they want at their school cafeteria. They can pay in advance but they have little control over what they get unless it's to buy an extra milk! At my kids' elementary they don't have access to pop & junk food. I'm not saying the food is perfect, in fact we pack most days to save money. However, the lunch always includes a vegie & fruit.
TTOTS 06:17 AM 12-17-2009
I got all my daycare kids the same thing. Coloring book, crayons, $1.00 cartoon dvd, mini bubble bath and bath paint from AVON and a bag of candy.
GretasLittleFriends 06:51 AM 12-17-2009
I got each of my children a book and something that goes with the book. For example, I got one little guy a Pooh board book called Roo's Adventures, then I got him a stuffed kangaroo to go with it. Most of the kids got stuffed animals. The one exception is the first grader I have. She's my oldest one and growing out of stuffed animals. I got her a book called Beads on a String and to go with it I got her a small beading kit to make keychains out of pony beads. I did talk to her mother ahead of time to make sure that mom and dad were ok with this. I got all of the books at the thrift store (in very good to excellent condition), so I only spent about $5 per child.

I had to terminate one family not that long ago, and being as I had the kids' gifts already, and they purchased with those specific kids in mind I did give them their gifts ahead of time. I have another family starting the week after Christmas, but I figure since they weren't here for Christmas I'm not going to get them anything. If they had started this week or next then I still would.
momofboys 07:26 AM 12-18-2009
Today my parent surprised me with a $50 gift card & several nice little things from Bath & Body Works! I was expecting something but not to this extent. Yeah! I did get her kids all gifts & I did a mini photo calendar for their family complete with pics of her kids. Feeling appreciated is good!
wejo928 10:39 AM 12-29-2009
I offer a parents night out once every 3 months. So 4 times a year. It is a reward for parents who have their copays & payments up to date for the last quarter.
The parents can pick the night. They are just required to give me a 2 wk notice. It can be a week or weekend night. They get 4 hrs free. Or overnight for $25.
They also understand if they are going out drinking and come for their child they will not be released to them.
NO CHILD WILL EVER BE RELEASED TO A PARENT WHO IS DRIVEING WITH ALCHOL ON THEIR BREATH!
If the parent is the passanger I will go out and greet the driver.
This is written in my contract and noterized by them.

I also offer a New Years Eve Kiddie party. 7:00 pm to 11:00 am new years day. The cost is a food item to be served at the party to the kids.
Parents can get drunk and sleep off their hangover & we load up the kids after a big breakfast for delivery at 11 am New Years Day. I have offered this for 10 years and parents have always enjoyed it.

The kids have food, fun, do crafts, bang their pots & pans & drink sparkling apple juice from plastic shanpage glasses. We take pictures & print them out for their parents. We have a slumber party. Girls in the liveingroom & boys in the playroom. I have even in the past had paretns pay a tip on delivery cause they enjoyed themself so much. All children get to call their paretns at midnight to say Happy new Years!

Even children who are school aged & need no childcare or parents are unemployed and do not need daycare anymore call and ask me for their children to come.

I tink we enjoy ourselves as much as the children do.
HappyCamper 04:17 PM 12-29-2009
I bought my wee ones dolls and cars and threw them a fabulous Christmas party. Most of my parents brought goodies (for the party) and gifts (for me) which made it a special day.
terrivh 09:23 AM 01-01-2010
i carry a list of the kids on my roster printed from my food program. i shrink it to 4x6 size. Then i shop all year round for kids. do birthdays and christmas for the year. Lots easier to buy little buy little and be all ready come christmas. i think this year i only had to go out and buy 3 gifts is all this year.
Carole's Daycare 10:07 AM 01-05-2010
This year I decided to try something different. In years past i've purchased gifts for each child, trying to choose similar items for same age/gender, but customizing the gift, as well as a candle/baked goods etc for the families. This year I stayed open a Fri night in early DEC for parents to shop, wrap, sleep, clean, have a date night, whatever they chose, while we had pizza & games at daycare. THEY LOVED IT. I gave them the one thing money cant buy- more time. I let the families know in the newsletter that instead of my usual $150 budget for gifts, we'd have our usual party with crafts, games and fun, but 2- dollar store item gifts- dress up jewelry, color books etc. I spent $24, the put the remainder into several toys we needed here, wrapped & put under the tree for us to open together to share at daycare. That way evryone had fun, and the daycare kids got several great toys to play with here, where they spend over 75% of their waking playtime.
Tags:christmas, gift ideas, gifts, holiday, presents, xmas
Reply Up