Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Facebook Venting about DCK
Unregistered 08:37 AM 10-11-2010
This irritates like crazy. There is nothing I can really do about it. I guess I'm gossiping in a way (to a bunch of stranger on the internet that I've never met), but I'm furious for this child & their parents.

I know someone who has a daycare (unlicensed, but that is really besides the point). They are constantly talking about DCK on their personal facebook page...which is completely public...absolutely no privacy settings at all. They state the days itineraries, some times meal plans, craft plans, advertise openings...whatever throughout the day. They also post children's pictures.

I find this all extremely unprofessional but here is why I'm upset.

They apparently started a new toddler within the last few weeks. This provider posted an issue they have with the DCG's behavior on FB asking for advice from their "friends".

They specifically said they had not talked to parents about it. I don't think the parents are "friends" on her FB, altho some of her other parents are.

Would you do this?! Or am I overreacting? FWIW, I do not care for this person anyway. We used to be friends in real life...but stuff happens & we aren't anymore. I'm not on her friends list but my family is. They often come to me & say "So & So said blah blah on FB last night". I've asked them not to tell me anything about this person, as I don't want to know...but I can't stop the words from coming out of their mouth.
Tags:facebook, vent
Up