Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Would You Describe Your Daycare Program
sctkran 08:43 PM 01-30-2019
Hello, when describing your daycare program what kind of information do you include? any help is appreciated.
thank you
Josiegirl 01:54 AM 01-31-2019
I tell them I do not teach preschool but encourage a love of learning by offering a lot of developmentally appropriate learning activities throughout our day. We concentrate on social and independent activities, lots of interaction, outdoor time, books, and music. I have a flexible schedule with meals, naps and outdoor time being the only structure offered.
DaveA 04:04 AM 01-31-2019
Short answer- Unabashedly play based and concentrating on learning through having fun.

I have a philosophy statement in my contract/ policy manual. Really it is just a really long way of saying the above.
Lovisa 06:31 AM 01-31-2019
I am VERY up front about how unstructured I am here. We have set nap and eating times, but otherwise we do a LOT of free play. We go outside daily and get dirty, do a few crafts a week, do some kind of learning activity every day where we concentrate on a letter and a number, but other than that, we kind of just play! I let potential families know that if they want a super structured program where their child will be doing everything at a certain time every day, then my program isn't the one for them. Literally in the last 5 years, I have had only one family want that type of structure. Every other family loves how I do things
sctkran 09:32 AM 01-31-2019
Thank you. I sometimes over think how something should be written. Simplicity is the key.
Tags:program
Reply Up