Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Ever Wanna Swap Your Own Child With Another Provider's Child?!
Christina72684 11:01 AM 02-26-2014
My 2 yr old (will be 3 in 3 weeks) has been driving me crazy lately! She's super smart and advanced (not just saying that) and has been with the preschoolers for several months (normally they have to be 3 first). But lately I don't know what her problem is. Today is the 3rd day in a row she hasn't napped, and she needs her naps or she gets cranky! Yesterday during nap she found some sticky tack and put it in her hair!!!! Luckily she was due for a hair cut anyways. She's been meaner to her friends, but I just assumed that's because our 8-10 year old after school boys are rough and she see that. But if she doesn't get her way she comes up and slaps my leg and cries and wines. This isn't like her at all! Not sure if she's trying to use up all her "terrible two" attitude before turning 3 or what!

Wish I was friends with another local provider and they had a child they wanted to swap with for a few days (or more!). I love her to death but lately I just need my space from her.
butterfly 11:04 AM 02-26-2014
My kids always had their terrible 2's in the terrible 3's ...
sahm1225 11:09 AM 02-26-2014
Yea. We swapped our own kids, they were probably around 3. We ended up doing it for about 3 weeks, but every Wednesday my kid went to her and every Thursday I got her kid. It was really nice! So nice in fact that my provider friend enrolled her daughter in a local preschool program full time!
Christina72684 11:12 AM 02-26-2014
Originally Posted by sahm1225:
Yea. We swapped our own kids, they were probably around 3. We ended up doing it for about 3 weeks, but every Wednesday my kid went to her and every Thursday I got her kid. It was really nice! So nice in fact that my provider friend enrolled her daughter in a local preschool program full time!
Were you already friends with the provider before doing this?
taylorw1210 11:14 AM 02-26-2014
I would love to but don't know any other provider's well enough in my area! But I totally feel for you. My daughter is 2.5 and has been a real challenge lately, to put it lightly. My SO jokes that we need to term her.
spud912 12:54 PM 02-26-2014
Just to forewarn you....some kids have a rougher 3 than 2 .

Sometimes I wish I could swap one of my daycare kids for one of my own . Actually one daycare kid in particular who I am incredibly smitten with. I might have to alternate my children depending on who I'm sick of at the moment. Both of mine have been good today so I'll keep them .

Edited to add: I'M JUST KIDDING! (except about the part that I am totally smitten with one of my dck's.....she is just the sweetest thing you have ever seen)
Babyluver21 01:15 PM 02-26-2014
Originally Posted by Christina72684:
My 2 yr old (will be 3 in 3 weeks) has been driving me crazy lately! She's super smart and advanced (not just saying that) and has been with the preschoolers for several months (normally they have to be 3 first). But lately I don't know what her problem is. Today is the 3rd day in a row she hasn't napped, and she needs her naps or she gets cranky! Yesterday during nap she found some sticky tack and put it in her hair!!!! Luckily she was due for a hair cut anyways. She's been meaner to her friends, but I just assumed that's because our 8-10 year old after school boys are rough and she see that. But if she doesn't get her way she comes up and slaps my leg and cries and wines. This isn't like her at all! Not sure if she's trying to use up all her "terrible two" attitude before turning 3 or what!

Wish I was friends with another local provider and they had a child they wanted to swap with for a few days (or more!). I love her to death but lately I just need my space from her.
LOL!!!!! I have felt the SAME way when my kids were small. Now, it's easier when I do take on kids (VERY sparingly) because my older kids can keep them occupied. But, once upon a time, it was NOT like that and it was ery difficult when my kids were younger, especially one of my twins and the oldest boy! I would probably do a swap once in awhile. Sometimes kids DO need time away from mom and dad as much as mom and dad need time away from their kids! Good luck!
sahm1225 05:21 PM 02-26-2014
She was my ds daycare provider, I got laid off work around the time she decided to lighten her daycare load and we kept in touch. I talked to her before I pursued becoming licensed and we have a great referral
System (I send infants to her, she sends toddlers to me).

So yes - I guess you could say we were friends before!
Tags:providers own child
Reply Up