Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Craigslist Take Over lol
CraftyMom 11:05 AM 03-21-2014
Is it just me or has Craigslist been taken over everywhere by babysitter posts and nanny posts? I usually have success advertising on craigslist but haven't gotten any calls from there in months! I'm noticing TONS of ads for babysitting in home, au pairs, nannies, sahm's looking to make extra money...
Crazy8 11:08 AM 03-21-2014
I never had luck with CL and don't see many ads for my towns, mostly the same ones posting over and over again. I did notice though the few times I placed an ad on there that a week later ALL the other ads started using the wording I used. I hate copy cats!!
jenboo 11:16 AM 03-21-2014
no good here either. It is spammed with SHAMs and home daycares that are charging like $5 a day! And they will post 15 times in a row! I literally flagged 15 of the same posts in a row!

I don't advertise on craigslist. I use fb groups instead.
CraftyMom 11:17 AM 03-21-2014
Originally Posted by jenboo:
no good here either. It is spammed with SHAMs and home daycares that are charging like $5 a day! And they will post 15 times in a row! I literally flagged 15 of the same posts in a row!

What types of fb groups? That's an idea
melilley 11:24 AM 03-21-2014
Yes! I don't need to advertise right now, but I always look. I'm a dork and like to flag all the illegal "daycares" and sahm posts. I actually have gotten all of my families with the exception of 2 from cl, but that was about a year ago that I put an ad on there and I swear there weren't that many babysitter/nanny/illegal daycare/sahm ads then. There is also a website called nannyandsittersearch.com and they post many ads on cl now and they weren't there a year ago.
melilley 11:26 AM 03-21-2014

I do the same..lol We even have sahg's-stay at home grammy's! I wonder how effective flagging someone is anyways.?
jenboo 11:26 AM 03-21-2014
Originally Posted by CraftyMom:
What types of fb groups? That's an idea
We have a few childcare groups that parents/nannies/babysitters/and daycares and advertise on/post that you need childcare.

The two here are called "las vegas childcare group" and "Henderson babysitting connection"
try searching for some in your area or create your own.. They are fabulous!
CraftyMom 11:33 AM 03-21-2014
We have a few childcare groups that parents/nannies/babysitters/and daycares and advertise on/post that you need childcare.

The two here are called "las vegas childcare group" and "Henderson babysitting connection"
try searching for some in your area or create your own.. They are fabulous!

Thanks!
mountainside13 11:38 AM 03-21-2014
Des Moines Iowa CL is crazy!! Daycares posting multiple times, illegal daycares admitting that they have 8-10 kids looking for more and say they aren't registered! Som providers thats dnt no hoe 2 spell n gots no grammer. Haha That was hard to do with auto correct!

Then a lot of parents looking for specific daycares with little pay (like a major in art was one I just saw) exc. There are some good laughs!
melilley 11:51 AM 03-21-2014
Originally Posted by mountainside13:
Des Moines Iowa CL is crazy!! Daycares posting multiple times, illegal daycares admitting that they have 8-10 kids looking for more and say they aren't registered! Som providers thats dnt no hoe 2 spell n gots no grammer. Haha That was hard to do with auto correct!

Then a lot of parents looking for specific daycares with little pay (like a major in art was one I just saw) exc. There are some good laughs!
Lol, we need a CL category where we can post dumb cl ads!!!
Cat Herder 12:17 PM 03-21-2014
Lots of new college graduates, no jobs....
TwinKristi 12:17 PM 03-21-2014
CL has a lot of unlicensed people on it here and babysitting ads. There are still lots of licensed providers as well but I don't get much action that way.
mountainside13 12:22 PM 03-21-2014
Originally Posted by melilley:
That is a great idea!
TaylorTots 01:25 PM 03-21-2014

Ditto!
spud912 01:42 PM 03-21-2014
I used to predominantly get my families via Craigslist, but the last time I advertised there I got nothing but random phone calls, weird requests, no calls/no shows, etc. I have had much better luck with Yelp and yp.com.

Ours is currently littered with "name your price," $15 a day, $80 a week, "available 24/7" daycares.
Blackcat31 01:51 PM 03-21-2014
Originally Posted by melilley:
Just use the forum search function....

There are a lot of postings on the board about crazy Craig's List listings...

https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=craigs+list

https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...craig%27s+list
spinnymarie 08:21 AM 03-22-2014
Here we have a TON of those 'great babysitter' from that nannysandbabysitters.com or whatever. I flag everything. Can't hurt, at least.
Hunni Bee 04:14 PM 03-22-2014
Well, I'm thinking that some of them aren't really babysitting/childcare ads, but actually ads for adult services disguised as childcare. I have been hearing everywhere that that's a new "thing".

That's why you'll see an ad for babysitting and all the pics will be inappropriate/selfies of the "provider".
Tags:craigslist
Reply Up