Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>DCD took DCB to the ER this morning...
LeslieG 06:55 AM 06-04-2014
So I feel really bad and stupid!!…

Yesterday 2 yr old DCB was painting and got blue paint on this head and in his hair. I tried to clean him up as best as I could, but he still had a blue tint to part of his scalp and hair. Then at pickup DCB was wearing a hat and I totally forgot to mention anything about the paint on his head to DCD.

Well this morning I get a text from DCM saying DCB fell and hit his head this morning and DCD was taking him to the ER to get checked out. DCM still came to drop off his baby sister this morning and told me more about what happened. She said he fell and hit his head pretty bad, but was talking and acting normal afterwards. But then a blue bruise started to form on the side of his head and it freaked them out, so they thought they'd get him checked out.

When she mentioned the bruise, I immediately was like "OMG, I bet it's just paint…. and I forgot to tell them about it!!!" Well DCD dropped DCB off this morning and said "turns out it was just paint!" Oh I feel terrible!!!
Heidi 06:57 AM 06-04-2014

sorry...
permanentvacation 07:15 AM 06-04-2014
That's too funny! I'd feel bad about forgetting to tell them about the paint too. But honestly, it's too funny! Glad he's okay.
permanentvacation 07:20 AM 06-04-2014
That will be one of those stories that get told over and over throughout the child's life and jokes will be made about it whenever he paints at home. Someone will start saying "Make sure you wash the paint off him really well or we'll have to take him to the hospital again!" or 'Oh NO! He got paint on his arm! Hurry, get him to the hospital!" lol
CraftyMom 07:26 AM 06-04-2014
I also found it funny! Sorry!

Hopefully the parents had some sense of humor about it
kathiemarie 07:38 AM 06-04-2014

cheerfuldom 10:03 AM 06-04-2014
not your fault at all. did they not look at their child all yesterday evening to see the paint? I cant imagine he wore the hat all evening and all night and back on in the morning for them to not notice the paint. I wouldnt worry about it. I find it odd they couldnt tell the difference....

hopefully they had a sense of humor about it versus blaming you for something that was not your fault at all.
melilley 10:18 AM 06-04-2014
Sorry, but I had to laugh!
Totally sounds like something that would happen to me! I always forget to tell parents things, so now I write stuff down on sticky notes so that I remember to tell them.

I find it odd as well that they didn't notice the "bruise" and it just showed up.
Josiegirl 10:21 AM 06-04-2014
Originally Posted by melilley:
Sorry, but I had to laugh!
Totally sounds like something that would happen to me! I always forget to tell parents things, so now I write stuff down on sticky notes so that I remember to tell them.

I find it odd as well that they didn't notice the "bruise" and it just showed up.
Exactly this! I can so picture myself doing the same thing! We get so busy and do forget things. I also have post-its everywhere.
KiddieCahoots 10:42 AM 06-04-2014
Sorry...
Had an incident with red paint that left slight blotches on the kids, especially their hands. (I forgot to add the dish detergent to wash it all away). One mom text'd me early evening in a panic...thought it was an allergic reaction to something the child ate. Oopps!
nothingwithoutjoy 10:42 AM 06-04-2014
Oops!

At pick-up two days ago, a mom got worried about the rash on her kids' legs, and only then did it occur to me to explain she was stained by paint. I'm so used to dirty/painty/stained kids, I don't think to mention it!
Unregistered 11:09 AM 06-04-2014
I shouldn't laugh I know, but I am.

I've learned to try and wash off bruises first

I had one kiddo in pampers diapers I think that the dye leaked out and left him 'bruised' around the diaper area. Freaked me out at first. Then it wiped off thankfully.
misslori50 03:09 PM 06-04-2014
sorry this made me laugh. I know it is not funny to you.
Reply Up