Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Other Daycare Jobs?
Unregistered 10:20 AM 02-25-2016
I love the home daycare community. I currently run a small family daycare in my home. But honestly, I'm not crazy about the actual childcare part of the job.

What other job could I do while still being in the home daycare community? I'd love to be a licensing consultant but they require a masters in social work

What else is there?
lovemydaycare0912 11:39 AM 02-25-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I love the home daycare community. I currently run a small family daycare in my home. But honestly, I'm not crazy about the actual childcare part of the job.

What other job could I do while still being in the home daycare community? I'd love to be a licensing consultant but they require a masters in social work

What else is there?
Maybe work as part of the food program?
Unregistered 10:45 AM 02-28-2016
Do you have a stars program in your state? I worked with my state's star program for awhile. It was very rewarding and interesting. They did require a BA in early childhood.

Do you live in a small to large city? I've always toyed with the idea of offering an activity program to in-home child care in my area. I LOVE literacy and I have tons of interactive story telling props, music and movement activities, flannel board stories, etc. I could easily offer a traveling "show"!!!!

Is there a demand for in-home early head start teachers in your area? Some parts of my state do not require a a BA for that position. Not exactly family child care but in children's home. I'd love that!
Tags:other income, stars program
Reply Up