Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Think DH Finally Understands What I do all Day
Breezy 01:46 PM 04-29-2012
Full house here today! My PT DCG is here 9-7pm and my 3 month old drop in is also here so mom could get some things done this afternoon at home (weeds and what not). Then of course add my own DS to the mix and DH home since its the weekend and its been pretty crazy!

I went to the bathroom and left DH with all 3 and almost on cue DS started to get rough with DCG which upset her so she started crying, DH had to redirect both of them and then DCB started crying because he was sleepy.

After using the bathroom, I did diaper changed for all 3, got DS in his highchair for lunch, DCB down for a nap and DCG a bottle to eat. Fed DS and DCG at the same time while making a verbal grocery list and soothing DCB!

Needless to say my DH hightailed it out of here and went grocery shopping for me. No doubt to get out of the chaos!!
cheerfuldom 08:01 PM 04-29-2012
I like to leave my hubby with all the kids fairly often...gives a good reminder of what I do all day. I dont leave him with the daycare kids but he can use his imagination for that.
littlemissmuffet 05:25 PM 04-30-2012
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
I dont leave him with the daycare kids...
I do.
On his days off, as soon as he comes down for breakfast or lunch he knows I'm outta here! I run to the store, pay bills, go upstairs and make beds, whatever - for 30-60 minutes. I don't even have to tell him I'm leaving - he knows! It's awesome to have a break like that a few times a week. He most definitely is very aware of how crazy most of my work days are.
dave4him 06:27 PM 05-08-2012
cant wait till we both can feel like have a life again
B Lou 06:20 AM 05-09-2012
I'm so very glad to see things are look up. Sometimes a DH just need to sit back and watch for awhile. Mine use to think all I did was sit on my butt all day long. That is until the first winter he got laid off and was home with me ALL THE TIME. Now he wants to know how I can take care of 8 kids a day and keep the house clean at the same time. I told him that's the easy part. Keeping my sanity while doing it all is the hard part.. So good for you Breezy. See you in the chat room.
dEHmom 06:40 AM 05-09-2012
It's funny to read this thread now.

Last week DH took off thursday and friday and built my play structure. THE ENTIRE TIME he was building it, the kids kept saying things like "is it ready yet?" "when can we play on it?" "can we play on it now?!"

He just kept looking at me and saying "I don't know how you do it. There's too many kids, I don't know how you keep track of them! Where did that one come from?" lol.

I think he understands a little better now how hard my days are, because he has been cleaning and cooking a lot more!

I'm glad yours sees things a little clearer now too! Definitely makes you feel a lot better.
Reply Up