Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What I Learned Today...
Kabob 02:57 PM 10-01-2013
I normally fill out sheets for the parents to take home that includes a blurp about what their child learned today...and thought of what I wanted to put there for myself:

1. If I feed the cats every morning then eventually they will come to expect breakfast as soon as they hear my alarm. If I snooze said alarm then I will be punished...with a claw to the face.

2. If I am running behind my morning prep because I snoozed the above alarm then my first parent will arrive early.

3. If I forget to clean the bathroom in the morning after dh and ds have made a mess of it then a dcp will ask to use said bathroom for the first time ever.

4. I apparently am also my son's daycare provider and therefore dh sees fit to hand screaming ds off to me while dh is only half clothed in their pajamas...in front of a parent.

I actually get a good chuckle looking back on the last one...
melilley 03:10 PM 10-01-2013
#4....or how about when you're taking care of 5 other children and your own is crying and dh walks by and goes downstairs.....hmmmm (I have a 14 mo. old) or hearing "I'm hungry"....and nooo it's not any of the kids, it's dh or, oh I could go on and on...

My husband is not lazy by any means! I just think that he doesn't realize that I have other children here and not just ours and I can't stop to do things or that our ds is a part of the dc and has fun with the other kids, but sometimes he needs more than just me. I think they just think differently!
Josiegirl 03:16 PM 10-01-2013
I know I probably shouldn't have, but thanks for the chuckles Kabob.
Kabob 03:32 PM 10-01-2013
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
I know I probably shouldn't have, but thanks for the chuckles Kabob.
It's funny now...except I think one parent thinks I'm crazy since they are the one from 2, 3, and 4.....sigh....
Kabob 03:35 PM 10-01-2013
Originally Posted by melilley:
#4....or how about when you're taking care of 5 other children and your own is crying and dh walks by and goes downstairs.....hmmmm (I have a 14 mo. old) or hearing "I'm hungry"....and nooo it's not any of the kids, it's dh or, oh I could go on and on...

My husband is not lazy by any means! I just think that he doesn't realize that I have other children here and not just ours and I can't stop to do things or that our ds is a part of the dc and has fun with the other kids, but sometimes he needs more than just me. I think they just think differently!
Yep mine does the same. It's tough to draw a line between daycare and home for ds some days so if he sees dh then he expects daddy time and flips if dh just walks by instead...
melilley 05:09 PM 10-01-2013
Oh and #3. The other day our shower caddy fell apart so I put all 10 bottles of shampoo/body washes, soap, etc... on a towel on the floor and dh left all of his stuff on the vanity. Of course that same day, a dcp took her dd to the bathroom when they arrived. I was in the kitchen with the water running and didn't hear them until dcm came out! I know it's not a huge deal, but I was mortified and apologized. She didn't care, but still!
Tags:daycare experiences, funny
Reply Up