Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Advise Please, Again LOL
jokalima 10:35 AM 10-16-2012
I have a p/time fam. and the come 3 days a week, not so long ago the kids got sick and they asked me if they could switch the day, I really dislike doing it but because they were nice enough to keep kids home I said yes. This week kids are sick again, I am afraid that if they come tomorrow they will ask to bring them Friday ( not a regular day for them ) what should I do? Should I say yes? Is it to mean from me to say no? What should I do/say? I really don't want to have them here Friday. Fridays are my "mental rest days" LOL fewer kids, I clean, take it easy and relax.

Thanks
itlw8 10:37 AM 10-16-2012
You simply say I am sorry that won't work for me.
cheerfuldom 10:43 AM 10-16-2012
what does your contract say about this situation?
jokalima 10:50 AM 10-16-2012
Nothing at all, I recently change my contract but never had this situation before so did not include nothing about it on the contract.
jokalima 10:51 AM 10-16-2012
I am also afraid that they will start having "sick kids" at their convenience if you know what I mean.
cheerfuldom 10:51 AM 10-16-2012
then you need to decide now what you want to do and be prepared to let the parents know asap, whether they ask for the Friday or not. They should know what to expect.
Soccermom 10:52 AM 10-16-2012
I would politely just say - No, I am sorry but friday doesn't work for me. It is hard for me to make up days for sick days because I plan my week on sunday and taking DCKS on days when I don't normally have them is really difficult.

Do you want them to be able to make up the days or would you prefer to have it so they pay for a certain number of days wether they come or not? (I think that is ideal)

If so, I would just tell them that whatever schedule you have for the week is what they are required to pay for wether they come or not and that they cannot make up the time another day.
jojosmommy 10:55 AM 10-16-2012
I would just say no. Tell them that the one time you did it worked ok for your schedule, the kids that come Fridays, the meal and activity plan and that this time it doesnt. Tell them that you plan your week in advance, have other kiddos on a rotation schedule and sometimes there is room, sometimes there isnt.
grandmom 02:50 PM 10-16-2012
Be pro-active. Send them an email saying you're anticipating their need, and just wanted to let them know that the schedule doesn't allow it. Hope they feel better soon.
mac60 06:26 AM 10-17-2012
I charge whether a child is here or not. If you are scheduled for 3 days per week, and one of those days the child is sick or it is a holiday, if you choose to change your scheduled day, then you will owe for 4 days instead of 3. I had problems with a family years ago that were scheduled for M-W-TH. Set schedule. Every time there was a Monday holiday, or school was closed on Monday (she worked in the school), the mom would switch her days to T-W-TH. When that happened, I would lose out on my holiday pay. I nipped it in the bud and they eventually left because of it. She was very manipulating.
Reply Up