Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Catholic Daycare
Unregistered 08:44 AM 08-30-2019
So I got an interview for a Catholic daycare. I'm 100% positive I got the job. The lady said before she can hire me there's a second interview and I have to test the waters. She also said something about going before the priest and a church background check before the real one. I have no memory of what she said I had to do with the priest. Any ideas? I think it started with a C.
e.j. 10:12 AM 08-30-2019
Communion? Catechism?? Confession?? (Forgive me Father, I have sinned. I have used the Lord's name in vain when Johnny has bitten the same kid for the 3rd time within an hour.) I don't know! Those are the first 3 words I thought of based on my Catholic upbringing. Catechism makes the most sense to me out of the 3. Maybe they want to discuss what you know about Church teachings/doctrine??
Unregistered 02:08 PM 08-30-2019
Originally Posted by e.j.:
Communion? Catechism?? Confession?? (Forgive me Father, I have sinned. I have used the Lord's name in vain when Johnny has bitten the same kid for the 3rd time within an hour.) I don't know! Those are the first 3 words I thought of based on my Catholic upbringing. Catechism makes the most sense to me out of the 3. Maybe they want to discuss what you know about Church teachings/doctrine??
I'm scared because I know nothing about Catholicism. Are they gonna quiz me?
Ariana 02:47 PM 08-30-2019
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Do you have to be Catholic to teach there? I don’t understand why you would apply if you were not catholic.

They might want to baptize you
Unregistered 02:53 PM 08-30-2019
Originally Posted by Ariana:
Do you have to be Catholic to teach there? I don’t understand why you would apply if you were not catholic.

They might want to baptize you
It didn't say anything about being Catholic. I thought it was the same as the jcc (u don't have to be Jewish to work there).
Ariana 02:57 PM 08-30-2019

It didn't say anything about being Catholic. I thought it was the same as the jcc (u don't have to be Jewish to work there).
Well that’s good! No idea why you would need to meet with a priest then but I wouldn’t worry about it since knowing Catholicism wasn’t a requirement.
e.j. 07:11 PM 08-30-2019
I doubt it. If it is catechism they want to discuss, it may be that they just want to see how familiar you are with the Catholic faith and maybe fill you in on their expectations for you as an employee??? I have no experience with Catholic child cares so I'm really just guessing. I went to Catholic schools from 1st grade through college and I did have non-Catholic teachers so I doubt you have to be Catholic to work at the day care, especially if they didn't ask or mention it was a requirement.
hwichlaz 09:59 AM 09-04-2019
Catechism is actually a book. They probably just want to make sure you are up on what you'll need to teach. He may give you a children's catechism so that you have it to refer to. It will meal time prayers in it etc.
Tags:catholic, religion - in daycare
Reply Up