Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Kids Raking Yard
jojosmommy 07:20 PM 09-05-2012

We had a bad storm here last night and the trees shed everything everywhere. Big sticks, little sticks, leaves, everywhere.

I just took some schoolagers for about 45 min every afternoon and was dreading keeping them busy and manageable for that last 45 min I am open.

Today they raked my entire yard and had a stick pile contest. I gave popsicles as a surprise when they finshed. My husband was so happy when he got home!!!!

YEA for today!

Is is wrong to let them shovel this winter ? JK!!!
mema 07:37 PM 09-05-2012
Hey, send them my way! Mine looked at me like I was crazy. I told them we can't play in the yard until it was at least a little picked up because we had a lot (we have about 20 trees). We went to the park instead because I didn't want to do it either
Heidi 09:55 AM 09-06-2012
I would categorize that activity under "life skills". LOL

I think they have kid-sized snow shovels at many stores in the winter. Maybe they can make snow forts with whatever they shovel OFF the driveway, and you can have a snow-fort contest.

They can "paint" the snow forts too...

http://giftedkids.about.com/od/nurtu...w_painting.htm
jojosmommy 11:18 AM 09-06-2012
Originally Posted by mema:
Hey, send them my way! Mine looked at me like I was crazy. I told them we can't play in the yard until it was at least a little picked up because we had a lot (we have about 20 trees). We went to the park instead because I didn't want to do it either
LOL! It was awesome! They went all around the neighborhood later in the evening with their own parents.
mema 12:06 PM 09-06-2012
I agree with Heidi-life skills
This is what we have so far. Dh worked on it a bit yesterday and my kids and I for a little last night. This is maybe 1/3 of the sticks/branches. I have 5 bags of leaves and about 12 more piles to go to get the majority
Attached: IMAG0255 (1).jpg (147.0 KB) 
Reply Up