Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Birthday Party
Mister Sir Husband 11:15 AM 12-17-2013
I have 1 particular family member who is a bartender and when invited over for various reasons has in the past showed up with a blender and couple bottles of liquor and proceeds to make some cocktails. I don't really have a problem with this as she's responsible and never over does it. However.... I am having a birthday party for my daughter (will be 6) on Saturday. I have invited a few family members with their kids and had my daughter invite some of her classmates and their parents to join us. I have decided that I don't want any alcohol being served on Saturday. So my question is.. can I use the fact that I am a NYS licensed provider with a houseful of kids as a legitimate reason why, or should I just man up and say no because I said so? Now I am not open on Saturdays, and no daycare kids will be here, but I am guessing there is still a risk that if something were to happen, it could go bad for me.. not to mention the possibility of one of the parents noticing the booze in the kitchen and saying something to a friend and maybe I lose a future day care family because of it. (ok, I think I just answered my own question, but I am gonna post it anyways)
Michael 11:39 AM 12-17-2013
It's your home. Tell her you love when she makes cocktails on special occasions but there will be no liquor during the weekend. If you want to give her a reason, tell her the truth. Kids and liquor don't mix. Leave the blender at home.
melilley 11:52 AM 12-17-2013
I would just tell her she can't bring any alcohol to the party.

We have several parties a year and at most there is alcohol, but when it comes to the kids' parties, we have a no alcohol rule.
Meeko 12:23 PM 12-17-2013
You don't have to explain WHY. Just say no alcohol this weekend.
TheGoodLife 12:43 PM 12-17-2013
Kids party- no alcohol Just say "hey, I just wanted to let you know that since it's a party for (you 6 year old's name), we're not having any alcohol. Thanks!)
Reply Up