Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Don't Get It
Unregistered 10:06 AM 11-02-2018
I have a 3 year old DCG who is has been wearing pull ups since July, but is not potty training. Mom says she wants DCG in pull ups so she doesn't feel bad about still being in diapers. I have three other 2 and 3 year olds who are currently potty training and mom thinks it will hurt her feelings if she isn't wearing a pull up too? Honestly, I don't care if she is wearing a diaper or pull up because I still lay her on the floor to change her. I just don't get their logic. I've never had a child feel bad that they were wearing a diaper. DCG has no interest in potty training. Poops and pees in her pull ups and is not bothered by it at all. Mom says they don't want to push her to potty train (which I agree with because she needs to be showing signs that she is ready), but want to keep her in pull ups since all of her friends here are in pull ups or underwear. This is a child though that I know "calls the shots" at home. She tells mom who needs to pick her up from care, tells mom what to make for dinner etc.
Cat Herder 10:49 AM 11-02-2018
How are you helping her to learn?
storybookending 11:56 AM 11-02-2018
If it doesn’t bother you to change her out of a pull up rather than a diaper I would just let it go. Let mom do what she wants and think what she thinks. If it’s not really affecting your day I would just ignore.

I personally hate pull-ups. Also aren’t they a ton more expensive than diapers? Unless you are buying them and that is the issue in which case I would put the cost back on the parent.
happymom 12:14 PM 11-02-2018
Aren't pull ups just expensive diapers with a couple features diapers don't have (the ability to pull up and down?)

It definitely is a weird thing for a parent to choose. But if the pull up is containing the same way a diaper would, why does it matter?
284878 10:57 PM 11-02-2018
Pull ups are a status smybol. So they can have the ability to say, my child has been wearing them for......... long or My child hasn't worn diapers since she was two.
And make it sound like their child achived some grand accomplishment.

One day when you least expect it you will see a bumper sticker that says "proud parent of diaper free toddler" or "look at my big kid"

Not to mention, the only reason my DD was upset I didn't put her in pull ups was because she wanted to where them on her head like they did in the commercials.
BrynleeJean 08:16 AM 11-03-2018
Originally Posted by 284878:
Pull ups are a status smybol. So they can have the ability to say, my child has been wearing them for......... long or My child hasn't worn diapers since she was two.
And make it sound like their child achived some grand accomplishment.

One day when you least expect it you will see a bumper sticker that says "proud parent of diaper free toddler" or "look at my big kid"

Not to mention, the only reason my DD was upset I didn't put her in pull ups was because she wanted to where them on her head like they did in the commercials.

Agreed.

Child ran household sounds like.
My handbook states that ill train your child with underwear, lots of it, and send it home each day to wash.
Ive done it both ways I just think the pull up confuse them
Id let her buy them but not without letting her know my policy for training and that pull up really are more expensive than diapers.
Tags:age appropriate - activities, child advocate, curriculum, self care
Reply Up