Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Pulling My Hair Out
tenderhearts 08:52 AM 06-14-2018
I am getting so frustrated with my group lately. I swear that some where in fine print it says, "loudest kids only". I don't understand why they can't even "talk" quiet, they use loud voices to talk to someone right beside them. I have tried so many different things to teach them learn to talk quiet and nothing is working. I don't get it. Does anyone else have this issue or have any suggestions?
Ac114 09:25 AM 06-14-2018
We must have the same group!!! All my kiddos are extremely loud that they give me headaches. No matter how many times I remind them of inside voices, it gets me no where. I don’t have suggestions but I do have hugs. 🤗
Josiegirl 09:59 AM 06-14-2018
Ditto here too. Three days into preschool being closed and having 2 extra dcks some days and I'm ready for the looney bin.
Oh the noise noise Noise NOISE!!!
I can't hear myself think even if I wanted to.
daycarediva 10:08 AM 06-14-2018
same.

Also "HEY GUESS WHAT!?" to nobody in particular and then SCREECHING when I/assistant don't respond.
tenderhearts 10:14 AM 06-14-2018
Well sorry to know others are experiencing this too but the comfort is knowing I"m not the only one lol. It doesn't help that I have a couple parents who are just as loud no wonder their kids are, I can only imagine what it sounds like at their home when all 3 of them mom, dad and child are all "yelling" when talking.
gumdrops 10:32 AM 06-14-2018
I have this group too! And I have no advice! I seriously don't think they understand what I'm talking about when I ask them to quiet down. One DCB almost 4 is the worst! He always has to be louder than everyone else and will literally repeat what someone just told me, but louder and more obnoxious. If we play something fun or have a dance party, he has to laugh the loudest or give the answer the loudest. If someone bumps into him he forces his cry extremely loud. When I ask what's wrong, he can turn it off in a second to tell me what's wrong. When Dad picks up, he has to yell "DAAADDDD", even after many reminders. Sorry, I got a little side-tracked there, but this kid is soooo loud which causes everyone else to be loud.
lovemykidstoo 10:33 AM 06-14-2018
OH my gosh I definitely with you on that one. They literally bend over so they're face to face and talk at the top of their lungs. Then I have the one that as soon as mom picks up, he does this screach that could break the china. He does it in the house and then he does it all the way to the car, looking at us and laughing. She says oh junior, don't do that. Yea cause he's listening to that. I told him yesterday that if he did it again in my yard that today he would sit in time out. Guess what? He didn't do it. lol

I still have the loud mom. First one here at 7:30, my husband works 2nd shift, so he's still sleeping. I absolutely don't expect people to whisper, but a normal voice is good. She comes in (the mom) and I say hi, in a quiet voice and she says HI HOW WAS YOUR NIGHT LAST NIGHT! ugh! Thinking of putting a sign on the front door saying thank you for using inside voices in the morning!
daycarediva 10:33 AM 06-14-2018
My 'solution' is VERY temporary.

I REFUSE to raise my voice to be heard over them.

I flicker the light on/off until they look. Then I use a LOW tone of voice and remind them to lower their voice so I can hear all of them.

It works for about 20 minutes.

rinse and repeat. ALL.DAY.LONG.
tenderhearts 10:52 AM 06-14-2018
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
OH my gosh I definitely with you on that one. They literally bend over so they're face to face and talk at the top of their lungs. Then I have the one that as soon as mom picks up, he does this screach that could break the china. He does it in the house and then he does it all the way to the car, looking at us and laughing. She says oh junior, don't do that. Yea cause he's listening to that. I told him yesterday that if he did it again in my yard that today he would sit in time out. Guess what? He didn't do it. lol

I still have the loud mom. First one here at 7:30, my husband works 2nd shift, so he's still sleeping. I absolutely don't expect people to whisper, but a normal voice is good. She comes in (the mom) and I say hi, in a quiet voice and she says HI HOW WAS YOUR NIGHT LAST NIGHT! ugh! Thinking of putting a sign on the front door saying thank you for using inside voices in the morning!
I totally have these parents but it's the Mom and Dad, no wonder their son can't talk quiet. I do the exact same thing answer the door hinting at 7 am others are sleeping quietly say good morning, with them SHOUTING GOOD HOW ARE YOU!Ugh
Ariana 10:53 AM 06-14-2018
I have a sibling set that scream the first hour before it sinks in they are no longer in their crazy house!

“Next one who screams is going to bed”. Thats it!
lovemykidstoo 03:16 PM 06-14-2018
Originally Posted by tenderhearts:
I totally have these parents but it's the Mom and Dad, no wonder their son can't talk quiet. I do the exact same thing answer the door hinting at 7 am others are sleeping quietly say good morning, with them SHOUTING GOOD HOW ARE YOU!Ugh
OMG doesn't it drive you nuts? Has anything worked yet? I secretly want to tell one of the other kids to tell them that we have to be quiet Mr. Bob is sleeping lol
tenderhearts 03:52 PM 06-14-2018
It literally drives me crazy, I tell them I can't even hear myself think. I have tried a few different things, separating them around the room alone and giving them books to read, I have taken away privileges (this is daily) computer, leap frog, kids that don't take a nap don't get to watch the movie they have to lay quietly in a different room, and seriously with a couple of them it really doesn't seem to bother them one bit. it's so frustrating.
lovemykidstoo 04:22 PM 06-14-2018
Originally Posted by tenderhearts:
It literally drives me crazy, I tell them I can't even hear myself think. I have tried a few different things, separating them around the room alone and giving them books to read, I have taken away privileges (this is daily) computer, leap frog, kids that don't take a nap don't get to watch the movie they have to lay quietly in a different room, and seriously with a couple of them it really doesn't seem to bother them one bit. it's so frustrating.
That is super frustrating! How about the parents, have you gotten them to be quiet yet?
tenderhearts 08:30 AM 06-15-2018
No not consistently. When the child gets loud at the door I'll remind them inside voice, then one of the dad's (whom is VERY loud), will lower his voice and say oh yeah, lets talk quiet, but it's literally for only that moment.
Pestle 01:23 PM 06-15-2018
I just got back from a walk that was too long in weather that was too hot, and they were blissfully pooped for about five minutes. Now it's the squawking again. Three boys, best friends all their lives.

Sometimes soothing music helps. Other times, it just adds to the cacophony.
Tags:chaos, loud, overwhelmed
Reply Up