Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Religious Exemption
Unregistered 01:17 PM 08-16-2018
Immunization form has a religious exemption...so out of curiousity im wondering which religions have it in their scriptures "no vaccinations"...??? most religions were developed before vaccines were...
Michael 01:25 PM 08-16-2018
Well, its a least a good reason for those that don't want their kids to get the shots.
LysesKids 01:29 PM 08-16-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Immunization form has a religious exemption...so out of curiousity im wondering which religions have it in their scriptures "no vaccinations"...??? most religions were developed before vaccines were...
Not all states accept religious exemption... I know of at least 3. And it's not always in the scripture, but what the church believes; it's been taken to court & you don't always have to prove the religion either, just have a statement saying it's against your religious beliefs
Blackcat31 01:29 PM 08-16-2018
I believe Christian Scientists don't immunize their children.

I also think there are a few different branches of other religions that don't believe in modern medicine.

It makes no difference to me either way.
I respect every parent's right to choose what is best for their child.

I don't accept non-immunized children into my program (for my own reasons) but that doesn't mean I believe those that don't believe in vaccinations should be forced to vaccinate if they don't want to. I just wouldn't be the right fit for those parents. Nothing personal.
Cat Herder 01:30 PM 08-16-2018
Great source: https://www.historyofvaccines.org/co...es-vaccination

The big source of mistrust: https://www.history.com/news/the-inf...tuskegee-study
Unregistered 06:50 AM 08-17-2018
Thanks everyone! I just wanted to know if there was really a religion or if it was just another way to say "personal choice".
hwichlaz 08:00 AM 08-17-2018
For a few immunizations, like the DTaP, the ingredients or manufacturing process is the issue. Some immunizations use fetal cell lines to attenuate the vaccine....and those fetal cell lines were obtained through abortion.

Also some churches don't want ANYTHING injected into a body.
amberrose3dg 10:20 AM 08-17-2018
Check your state regs. Wv doesn't accept religious exemptions. We cannot take children that arent vaccinated unless medical documentation. Same for public schools here.
LysesKids 11:05 AM 08-17-2018
Originally Posted by amberrose3dg:
Check your state regs. Wv doesn't accept religious exemptions. We cannot take children that arent vaccinated unless medical documentation. Same for public schools here.
And even then the Public schools bitch about the medical... I know, I had issues with a school when I lived near you ; I had a verified medical exemption & the school didn't want to accept it so I went back to homeschooling... that's a crazy thing to jumps hoops for also in WV.
hwichlaz 11:12 AM 08-17-2018
Originally Posted by amberrose3dg:
If it's on the immunization form, it's likely legal there. Except in California. They haven't updated the form yet.
LysesKids 11:58 AM 08-17-2018
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
If it's on the immunization form, it's likely legal there. Except in California. They haven't updated the form yet.
WV, CA & Mississippi do not accept religious exemptions; I know a few other states are considering getting rid of it
MarinaVanessa 03:48 PM 08-17-2018
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
We do have an updated form, the only Personal Beliefs Affidavit on the immunization card is for TB testing where required to enter school. The new card no longer lists immunization cards under the personal beliefs and most school districts don't require a TB test for entry and it is not state law to do so.

Here is the link to the new card:
https://www.cdph.ca.gov/CDPH%20Docum...ms/cdph286.pdf
Tags:immunization exclusion, immunization exempt, immunization waivers, license - exempt, religious exemption
Reply Up