Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Out Of The Norm Text
GretasLittleFriends 01:49 PM 02-20-2012
I know some of you don't typically communicate via text with your parents. I'll generally call them if I need something, but usually a text is faster when you consider the noise levels on both ends of the phone. We all know daycare isn't exactly a quiet job some days.

I had a mom, VERY late (12:30a) apologizing, and informing me that she didn't realize that her dh had today off because of the holiday and that her boys wouldn't be here today. 12:30a was about the time she would have gotten home from work. I replied with an "ok not a problem". Hers would have been the first ones here, so I got to sleep in a little today.

So a little bit ago, I got a text from this same mom that said "Your so awesome". She used the wrong your, as it should have been you're, but that aside, this is just not the norm from her. She is a great mom, they are both great parents, and I do know they appreciate my caring for their kids, it just kind of struck me... I simply replied with a " thanks"

Now I am wondering if it was sent to me instead of someone else, just because that's not her nature... Should I have responded at all?
Kaddidle Care 02:00 PM 02-20-2012
Sure! But you should have said, "Thanks! Yes I am!"
Breezy 02:33 PM 02-20-2012
Maybe she was just thinking about you and how awesome you were and thought she would tell ya!
Heidi 02:42 PM 02-20-2012
why question it???? You know you ARE awesome!

On a side note, after a phone conversation with one of my dcm's not that long ago, she hung up saying "K then...love ya"...and ended the call.

I am pretty sure she didn't mean it for me (like maybe it's a habit because she has a large family), but I do like this family a lot!
Lucy 02:59 PM 02-20-2012
Originally Posted by bbo:
On a side note, after a phone conversation with one of my dcm's not that long ago, she hung up saying "K then...love ya"...and ended the call.
OMG. That is so embarrassing when that happens!! I've never actually done it, but I was with my sis-in-law at Subway restaurant, and the guy was asking her what toppings she wanted. She had just turned to me and was saying something, and I guess her mind was distracted, so in response to the Subway guy, she said, "What, Babe?", as she would say to her husband. We giggle about that today - YEARS later!!
Tags:texting
Reply Up