Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Nap Time Rhymes Or Songs
SquirrellyMama 12:47 PM 10-09-2012
Does anyone have any rhymes or a song they sing to begin nap time? I've tried to find some online but I always end up with classical music or music used during nap time. I'm thinking of a short rhyme or song to use at the start of nap.

Thanks,

K
daycare 12:50 PM 10-09-2012
Originally Posted by SquirrellyMama:
Does anyone have any rhymes or a song they sing to begin nap time? I've tried to find some online but I always end up with classical music or music used during nap time. I'm thinking of a short rhyme or song to use at the start of nap.

Thanks,

K
i just sing a made up song...

I sing as we set up mats...

good night johnny, good night johnny, good night johnny, its time to go to sleep. I say their name as I lay their blanket on them and then move on to the next.

then change each childs name.....
SquirrellyMama 12:58 PM 10-09-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
i just sing a made up song...

I sing as we set up mats...

good night johnny, good night johnny, good night johnny, its time to go to sleep. I say their name as I lay their blanket on them and then move on to the next.

then change each childs name.....
That is a nice idea. Thank you.

K
daycarediva 01:07 PM 10-09-2012
I use that one too!

I also do a relaxation technique that I have been using for years. Once everyone is laying down and comfortable, and stories are read, I say "rest your eyes, rest your ears, rest your smile, rest your neck, rest your chest, rest your arms.... "and so on and so forth until we get to toes. The kids all love this, and it translates to different times. In the car I can say "rest your feet _____" and they understand it, or during circle time when someone gets a little too handsy "rest your hands please"

Some parents even have started doing it at home because the kiddos are trying to say it.
Reply Up