Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Pay Friday peeps!
coolconfidentme 06:08 AM 08-01-2014
The pic is not very daycare, but funny just the same.
Attached: IMG_105167215803188.jpg (65.3 KB) 
midaycare 06:10 AM 08-01-2014
Originally Posted by coolconfidentme:
The pic is not very daycare, but funny just the same.
True story.
Blackcat31 06:47 AM 08-01-2014
Speaking of shoes. Wednesday this week, I had a run in with a spider.

Now if any of you knew me in real life, you'd know this was a BIG deal. Like a REALLY big deal.

So having the heebie jeebies and all for most the afternoon, I decided I could no longer mentally or emotionally bear the thought of walking around "unprotected" (barefooted) so I got out my BIG fluffy puffy pink slippers (brand new- bought on clearance and just sitting in the coatroom closet in anticipation for winter).

Felt a little bit better and proceeded with my day.

On the way home that evening, I called my DH to see if I needed to run an errands or pick anything up before leaving town. He said yes, he had prescriptions waiting to be picked up at Target so I said I would stop and get them and be home shortly.

Imagine my surprise when I was getting out of the Jeep in the Target parking lot and I look down and see I am still wearing my BIG pink fluffy/puffy slippers.

I had worn sandals to work that morning but apparently, I didn't bother putting them on before I left work.

I ended up just going home and letting my DH get his own prescriptions the next day.

So I technically lost my shoes but I wasn't drunk! Unless you count that giddy feeling you get after you term your biggest headache ever!
melilley 06:59 AM 08-01-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

Now if any of you knew me in real life, you'd know this was a BIG deal. Like a REALLY big deal.

So having the heebie jeebies and all for most the afternoon, I decided I could no longer mentally or emotionally bear the thought of walking around "unprotected" (barefooted) so I got out my BIG fluffy puffy pink slippers (brand new- bought on clearance and just sitting in the coatroom closet in anticipation for winter).

On the way home that evening, I called my DH to see if I needed to run an errands or pick anything up before leaving town. He said yes, he had prescriptions waiting to be picked up at Target so I said I would stop and get them and be home shortly.

Imagine my surprise when I was getting out of the Jeep in the Target parking lot and I look down and see I am still wearing my BIG pink fluffy/puffy slippers.

I had worn sandals to work that morning but apparently, I didn't bother putting them on before I left work.

I ended up just going home and letting my DH get his own prescriptions the next day.

So I technically lost my shoes but I wasn't drunk! Unless you count that giddy feeling you get after you term your biggest headache ever!
Lol, my sil just posted a picture on fb this morning. She was sitting in her car and the picture was of her feet. The caption was "how can you tell how tired I am this morning"? She still had her Snoopy slippers on...lol
e.j. 07:46 AM 08-01-2014
Before I opened my day care, I used to work in an office setting. A co-worker came in one morning laughing at herself. She had just noticed that she was wearing one black shoe and one blue shoe. The funniest part, though, was that both shoes had different heel heights and she never noticed it until she got to work.
SignMeUp 11:27 AM 08-01-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

Someone wasn't watching you properly if you lost your shoes
melilley 11:40 AM 08-01-2014
Originally Posted by e.j.:
Before I opened my day care, I used to work in an office setting. A co-worker came in one morning laughing at herself. She had just noticed that she was wearing one black shoe and one blue shoe. The funniest part, though, was that both shoes had different heel heights and she never noticed it until she got to work.
I once had a pair of underwear sticking out the bottom of my pants and didn't notice until later at work. I was a cashier at the time so hopefully nobody noticed!
Childminder 11:49 AM 08-01-2014
BlackCat, I thought for sure you were going to tell us you put your feet in the slippers and found a spider.
DaveA 11:51 AM 08-01-2014
my daughter was on a kick for a while of hiding my shoes. For a couple of months I spent 2-3 days a week in cowboy boots, dress shoes, or work boots. Whatever I could find that day
coolconfidentme 03:34 PM 08-01-2014
I once stuck mini pads to the bottom of a coworker's steel toed boots at work. She walked around knowing something was wrong, but never looked on the bottom of them. Someone finally asked her what was on the bottom of her shoe. I thought she was going to die & kill me at the same time. I laughed for months over that one.
Blackcat31 05:07 PM 08-01-2014
Originally Posted by SignMeUp:
Someone wasn't watching you properly if you lost your shoes
Not lost. I knew where they were.

Originally Posted by Childminder:
BlackCat, I thought for sure you were going to tell us you put your feet in the slippers and found a spider.
OMG!! If that were the case I would've died!!

I am NOT a fan of spiders.
Blackcat31 05:08 PM 08-01-2014
Originally Posted by coolconfidentme:
I once stuck mini pads to the bottom of a coworker's steel toed boots at work. She walked around knowing something was wrong, but never looked on the bottom of them. Someone finally asked her what was on the bottom of her shoe. I thought she was going to die & kill me at the same time. I laughed for months over that one.
funny!
Reply Up