Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Can Someone Post What They Have About Maternity Leaves In Their Contract?
crazydaycarelady 11:49 AM 07-29-2013
I need to add something to my contract about this. TIA!
Crazy8 11:53 AM 07-29-2013
I just posted in the teacher's thread - I do the same for maternity that I do for summers - 1/3 rate to hold spot or care equal or greater than that. I allow 8 weeks at the 1/3rd rate then back to regular rate if they want to hold the spot.
MissAnn 12:00 PM 07-29-2013
Originally Posted by Crazy8:
I just posted in the teacher's thread - I do the same for maternity that I do for summers - 1/3 rate to hold spot or care equal or greater than that. I allow 8 weeks at the 1/3rd rate then back to regular rate if they want to hold the spot.
I do up to 10 weeks per year at 1/2 price. If they are pregnant teachers due in winter......they have a decision to make.
Blackcat31 12:03 PM 07-29-2013
My maternity rules are as follows:

First week, older sibling gets at 50% tuition.
Second and all other weeks, older sibling must attend/pay for their normal space. I have allowed the older sibling to drop down to a 3 day week....depending on whether it is summer or winter and how hard or "difficult" the older sibling is...kwim?

I don't give breaks or deals for infant spaces...they are way too hard to come by here and most daycares have HUGE waitlists for infants so once the infant spot becomes available, it needs to be used or paid for.

I understand that it is hard to manage maternity leave but honestly it boils down to what I can personally afford to do and I can't take a financial loss because someone else is having a baby or staying home for the first few weeks/months.
AnneCordelia 10:30 AM 07-30-2013
I allow 6 weeks at three days for the older child and then the spot goes back to being paid fulltime. When the infant spot comes available then it is paid in full too. It is hard to find two spots in home dc here so you gotta grab it while you can. Maternity leave here is 1 year.
Michael 10:57 AM 07-30-2013
Some more threads https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...leave+contract
Tags:maternity leave contract
Reply Up