Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>New To the Site
daniellesweety1 02:01 PM 03-03-2014
Hi All,
My name Is Danielle, I came across this site just by googling daycare information lol! I am in the process of opening my own home daycare and wanted to just have some where to come to when I'm stuck. Right now I've been working on getting all the forms together for when I do start getting applicants. If anyone could help with this, when do I actually give the parents a "parent handbook"? Is it before or after I accept a child? I made one with everything in it that I expect as well as rates, hours, etc. So now I'm not sure if I should do another form as well, with rates on it I guess.

Thanks for your help
Danielle
Blackcat31 02:15 PM 03-03-2014
Welcome to the forum!

I go over my parent handbook during the interview. (page by page)

I don't give parents a copy but they can print one off my website if they want.

I used to print them out and give one to each parent but that started costing a lot in ink/paper so I stopped and uploaded it to my website instead.

If you don't have a website, I would maybe consider e-mailing a copy to families once they decide to enroll and they can print it off themselves....plus they can save the file too in case they lose the handbook they printed.
daniellesweety1 02:57 PM 03-03-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Welcome to the forum!

I go over my parent handbook during the interview. (page by page)

I don't give parents a copy but they can print one off my website if they want.

I used to print them out and give one to each parent but that started costing a lot in ink/paper so I stopped and uploaded it to my website instead.

If you don't have a website, I would maybe consider e-mailing a copy to families once they decide to enroll and they can print it off themselves....plus they can save the file too in case they lose the handbook they printed.
Thank You so much, this makes much sense. I think that's exactly what I will do. I haven't worked on a website yet because I want to be officially licensed and then that'll be the first thing I will do. Now do you just put a fee/times slot etc, on the application/contract form. The internet is so helpful but I keep running into so much information. I just want to do the forms but not stress lol. I'm excited to start but I want to have everything before hand.
Michael 11:42 PM 03-03-2014
Welcome to the forum
Tags:handbook - group care, handbook - sample, new daycare, rate - fair and reasonable
Reply Up