Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas>Going To Be Quite A Change In Menu
Josiegirl 10:42 AM 08-15-2013
Going from 12 children, most of who prefer processed type crap, are not big veggie eaters, to 3 children, one of who gets served organic foods, heavy on veggies and fruits, a little lean protein and whole grains. Dcm doesn't want many carbs. She said it'd be okay if her dd got served a hot dog or chicken nuggets once every couple months. Quite frankly, I agree with her style wholeheartedly but have to admit it's going to take some adjustments on the menu.
And I did feed the kids veggies/fruits all the time. It's just that those were the foods that got put back in the fridge or thrown away most often.
I'm going to email dcm for some specific samples of what they eat at home so I can offer more similar choices. That particular dcg starts next week.
Meanwhile, any suggestions?
Thanks!
Rachel 06:16 AM 08-18-2013
I serve real, whole, food. Chicken, beef, rice, veggies, potatoes, etc. KISS is my motto now. As one of my DCP friends reminded me, you are cooking for 1 year olds. Menu plan, pick a protein, starch & veggie each day. I use my crock pot a lot. When I'm on my computer I will try to come back and post a menu.
Reply Up