Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas>Guacamole
mema 07:34 PM 09-13-2013
Anyone have a good guac recipe they're willing to share? I have never tried it, but found an interesting brussel sprout nacho recipe I'd like to try and thought what the heck, trying one thing let's try another. Google gets me a lot of different ones, but I want one I know people like
Michael 12:17 AM 09-14-2013
Pushing this thread back up. I love Guacamole and would like a recipe also.
Meyou 02:47 AM 09-14-2013
This isn't a spectacular recipe but my daycare kids love it when I mash 2 avocados, the juice of 1 lemon, a little crushed garlic and some salt and pepper. They gobble it up with veggie sticks.
MsLaura529 09:45 AM 09-14-2013
Mmm, thanks for the great idea! I think we'll be putting guacamole and chips for snack in the menu rotation now.
momofsix 10:58 AM 09-14-2013
The great thing about guac us you can use what you have and like We have fresh guac in the house most of the time
I usually throw in a little chopped tomato, garlic, onion and cilantro along with some lemon or lime juice, salt and pepper. If my DH is going to eat it I also need to put in some HOT peppers!
To help keep is green in the fridge put one of the avocado pits in the guac when you store it, and keep air off from it as much as possible. It's still ok when it starts to turn brown in top but not as delicious looking
Tags:guacamole
Reply Up