Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Needing Tax Info
cara041083 10:14 AM 10-07-2013
Good morning all. Well afternoon

I have been running an in home daycare for about a year now. I haven't really been succesful regarding getting full. I am now signed up with SRS and will be starting fresh Jan 1st. I have a few questions:

1. Is there a software the will help keep all my payments, tax forms, receipts, and all the things I would need if I were to get audited by the state for SRS?

2. When It comes to taxes Im clueless! Do I need to file quarterly? Or Can I file at the end of the year like normal

Also like I said im clueless. So If Im missing anything Please feel free to let me know. My plan is to have all this in place by Jan 1 so All I have to do is open the door and be ready to go with my systems in place. TIA
Michael 12:44 PM 10-07-2013
What is SRS? State Revenue Service?
cara041083 01:39 PM 10-07-2013
Yes. Sorry thats what its called here.
LaLa1923 04:29 PM 10-07-2013
Originally Posted by cara041083:
Yes. Sorry thats what its called here.
That's what whats called??
TomCopeland 04:56 PM 10-07-2013
Originally Posted by cara041083:
Good morning all. Well afternoon

I have been running an in home daycare for about a year now. I haven't really been succesful regarding getting full. I am now signed up with SRS and will be starting fresh Jan 1st. I have a few questions:

1. Is there a software the will help keep all my payments, tax forms, receipts, and all the things I would need if I were to get audited by the state for SRS?

2. When It comes to taxes Im clueless! Do I need to file quarterly? Or Can I file at the end of the year like normal

Also like I said im clueless. So If Im missing anything Please feel free to let me know. My plan is to have all this in place by Jan 1 so All I have to do is open the door and be ready to go with my systems in place. TIA
Minute Menu (www.minutemenu.com) is the best software for record keeping and receipts.
You may or may not have to file quarterly taxes using IRS Form 1040ES Estimated Taxes. Your family must pay in at least 90% of what it owes each quarter of the year. If you are married your spouse may be withholding enough to cover you. He can have more withheld to make sure. if you are single or your husband is also self employed you must file this form.
See my article for more info:http://www.tomcopelandblog.com/2013/...mber-16th.html

My blog has hundreds of articles on taxes and record keeping that can help: http://www.tomcopelandblog.com
cara041083 06:03 PM 10-07-2013
Its the Department that pays daycare for families in need. Where I live we call it SRS Pay. I didn't know it was called something different. Sorry for the confusion. I was looking for a program that would help me keep track of every thing the state requires me to because they audit me every 3 months. I went back to some posts from April and found some of the info i was looking for.
Tags:srs
Reply Up