Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Should My Husband And I File Jointly?
Unregistered 05:33 PM 01-16-2014
This is my first year in business. I run a small for profit center in a rented building. I have only been in business four months so I have 8 months of income from my prior job. So should my husband and I still file jointly? I am a little overwhelmed with the whole tax situation and my husband is worried that my business will hurt us somehow when getting a tax refund? Please Tom, help!!!
Michael 08:09 PM 01-16-2014
May be some information here: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...filing+jointly
Unregistered 02:40 AM 01-17-2014
Thank you!!
TomCopeland 08:01 AM 01-17-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
This is my first year in business. I run a small for profit center in a rented building. I have only been in business four months so I have 8 months of income from my prior job. So should my husband and I still file jointly? I am a little overwhelmed with the whole tax situation and my husband is worried that my business will hurt us somehow when getting a tax refund? Please Tom, help!!!
You are almost certainly better off filing jointly. If you are using a tax preparer, she/he can tell you which way is better for you. But in 99% of the situations you want to file jointly.
Unregistered 11:01 AM 01-17-2014
Thank you Tom!! I think my next purchase will be a couple of your books
Tags:filing jointly
Reply Up