Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Home Office Deduction Question
Unregistered 02:22 PM 02-18-2016
I am having a issue on the home office form 8829. I am wondering if anyone else has seen a change in the business percent the home is used for daycare? The program I am using this year is not allowing me to enter any input for line 5 on the form which asks total hours available for use during the year. I am only able to fill out line 4 so this is causing me to have a lower home office percentage for this year. In previous years line 5 has always been filled out and the result is a higher percentage for line 7. Can anyone tell me if their was a tax law change that would be effecting this?
Thriftylady 02:32 PM 02-18-2016
Are you using turbo tax? If so there is a question under home office that asks if the home was used for daycare. If you don't check yes to that, that box won't come up. I am suspecting your are using Turbo Tax, because I went past that screen to fast and it didn't do it for me either. I had to go back through those questions.
TomCopeland 11:35 AM 02-21-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I am having a issue on the home office form 8829. I am wondering if anyone else has seen a change in the business percent the home is used for daycare? The program I am using this year is not allowing me to enter any input for line 5 on the form which asks total hours available for use during the year. I am only able to fill out line 4 so this is causing me to have a lower home office percentage for this year. In previous years line 5 has always been filled out and the result is a higher percentage for line 7. Can anyone tell me if their was a tax law change that would be effecting this?
The law hasn't changed. You can't change line 5 unless you started doing child care in the middle of the year.
Reply Up