Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Best Programs for Payroll, Tuition, & Taxes?
Christina72684 02:02 PM 07-01-2013
Right now we just use Excel for payroll (and give the total to our account which charges way too much money but she takes care of all the taxes), tuition, and keeping track of all of our receipts for taxes.

Are there better programs out there, besides Minute Menu? Is it difficult to do all the taxes for payroll on our own? I don't care how much the program(s) is/are, we just want something simple and easy to use!
tlcmaguire 08:52 AM 07-04-2013
my wife really likes a lot of things about MMKIds... we are on day 2 of the trail. But yeah for Taxes and expenses im thinking maybe Quickbooks? it seems either way you will have to manually enter a lot of receipts.

but MMKids has really cool stuff for Menu planning, activities planning, billing.
madwilp3 08:55 AM 09-17-2013
Originally Posted by Christina72684:
Right now we just use Excel for payroll (and give the total to our account which charges way too much money but she takes care of all the taxes), tuition, and keeping track of all of our receipts for taxes.

Are there better programs out there, besides Minute Menu? Is it difficult to do all the taxes for payroll on our own? I don't care how much the program(s) is/are, we just want something simple and easy to use!
My employer and I are in the same boat. She doesn't want to spend much time doing this by hand. I'm not very good with software though. I'm going to try MM though, hopefully will have luck..
snbauser 10:50 AM 09-17-2013
For payroll and taxes I used Intuit. Easy to set up and easy to process each pay period.
madwilp3 06:41 AM 09-20-2013
We actually went with SurePayroll this week. A neighbor uses them and said she has no regrets. They specialize in paying nannies: http://www.surepayroll.com/nanny-payroll.asp

So far so good but will update if I have anything to pass along.
Abigail 11:49 PM 10-05-2013
If you are using excel already why not just do it yourself? I do my own payroll and quarterly taxes...........I do everything a first time with a professional to make sure I'm doing it right then I do it myself to save money. I'm kicking myself now for procrastinating on LAST YEARS taxes until now but I'll get it done and be doing this years as soon as I'm able too! LOL....it will all be fresh!

If you have a document setup for payroll, but give it to an accountant......what are they doing that you can't? What do you need help figuring out?
Tags:payroll, tax program, tuition
Reply Up