Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Troubling Behaviour
Unregistered 04:59 PM 10-02-2019
I am relatively newly licensed, about 5 months. I have had a dcg with me since I opened, shes about 2.5. Her behavior has changed some in the last month or so but I have chalked it up to being 2. She was with me 2 days and at another daycare for 3. Recently she was pulled from the other daycare and is now with me full time. She is OBSESSED with baby dolls and babies, always right there with the baby when we are changing diapers. Today was very odd. She had her baby doll like usual and started kissing it, open mouth. She then pulled up the baby dress and starting doing "finger insert" motions, then pulled it down and comforted the baby by open mouth kissing. Then she pulled the dress up again and very clearly "entered" the baby doll! We also had to repeatedly tell her to stop "deep throating" any long toy. This is the first time I have ever seen this. TV shows are not child friendly when she goes to the grandparents, the older sister who I also have watches things like Annabelle, IT, chuckie, things I can't even watch, she is 4. Could this behavior be from seeing too much? Maybe walking in on a parent? She is from a split household and this was after she came from her fathers. I should call CPS, yes? But could this be from seeing too much? I cannot even stand to think of someone touching this little girl! Any advice please!
lblanke 06:27 PM 10-02-2019
Whether she is seeing it or it is happening to her, it is disturbing. If you suspect either, you should report and let the professionals in that field decide if that is something they need to investigate. Some sexual behavior in young children is typical. The experts should know if this is on the range of typical or is problematic.
Josiegirl 02:51 AM 10-03-2019
I'd definitely report it and leave it in CPS hands. It seems like a very detailed replayed scenario to me, bordering dangerously on a suspicious situation. Is she still being diapered; do you observe other indications of possible abuse, such as pain, itching, redness; is she verbal enough to give you any clues? She could very well have seen something, whether on tv or in the home but it's better to let the professionals determine what might be going on than to assume one way or the other. She knows way too much for being only 2 1/2.
Unregistered 03:03 AM 10-03-2019
She does not talk enough to ask questions of any sort. She says yes to everything. She used to flinch when she got her diaper changed but doesnt anymore, nothing extreme, just seemed uncomfortable being wiped.
Blackcat31 06:06 AM 10-03-2019
ANY time you suspect you need to report. It's not our job to decipher or to assess. Only to report if we suspect.

I would document what you see/hear and I would report.

It may just be the crazy home life child lives in but then again it might not be.... report if you suspect.
daycarediva 09:32 AM 10-03-2019
Nope. Don't question her. Don't try to figure it out.

It is the SUSPICION that we must act on, not concrete evidence.

From what you described, I would have already called.
AmyKidsCo 01:14 PM 10-03-2019
Yikes! Definitely call and let CPS figure out what's going on. So sad...
Josiegirl 07:52 AM 10-05-2019
I was just wondering if you've made a call and if anything has happened?

Good luck with it.
Unregistered 11:20 AM 11-04-2019
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
I was just wondering if you've made a call and if anything has happened?

Good luck with it.

I did make the call. They took the report and I got a call from a caseworker and I think the police. I was told I would have a formal interview and no one has called to even take a more official statement or check in, anything. I know she had an exam at some point. I don't know how anything like this works but I would think someone would have called for more information of some sort.
Ariana 07:38 PM 11-04-2019
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I did make the call. They took the report and I got a call from a caseworker and I think the police. I was told I would have a formal interview and no one has called to even take a more official statement or check in, anything. I know she had an exam at some point. I don't know how anything like this works but I would think someone would have called for more information of some sort.
I think this is usually how it works. You made the report and now they are investigating. Police rarely involve others in an investigation.

Good on you for reporting this, I hope this kid gets the help she needs.
Tags:mandated reporter, sexual abuse
Reply Up