Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Am I worrying myself to death?
JeepGirl6 12:19 PM 12-27-2010
Well it is December 27th and the parents have not mailed me the money they owe me for child care services so tomorrow my fiance and I will be going to the court house to file for small claims...I just keeping worrying that she going to to try to do something to get back at me (I seen a totally different side of her when I terminated and it worries me)...I am worrying about her trying to report my day care for something that she made up or worrying about leaving the dogs outside....I do have some cameras but they are not all the way around our property... Ahhh...I am driving myself crazy here!!!!!

Do any of you ever worry that daycare parents may find your postings on here? Can they use that against you?
gbcc 12:26 PM 12-27-2010
This may not be reassuring to you but if you haven't done anything wrong then let her report you. You can document her behavior and have other parents as well confirm your credibility as a provider. You deserve that money and should do what you need to get the money.

Just keep your dogs inside when you are not home and check the yard if you are that worried. That would be a whole other level of crazy though! Is she continueing to call you? Maybe you could try to get a stay away order?
marniewon 12:27 PM 12-27-2010
Are you licensed? Have you called licensing to give them a "heads up" about this situation? A lot of times if you get to licensing before the parent does, they will know that there is nothing wrong, just an irate parent. As for your dogs, yeah, I might be worried too, if you really think she would do anything to them. Has she threatened you at all? I mean with physical harm? If she has, you might want to look into getting a restraining order on her. Keep us posted! And good luck!
nannyde 12:29 PM 12-27-2010
Just get ready for a visit from the State. Once you file small claims you have a really good chance of getting a complaint. Parents often use the complaint as documentation for why they didn't pay. It's free and easy for them to do.
nikia 12:32 PM 12-27-2010
I am a worrier. I worry about everything from my house catching on fire to my kids being kidnapped. I drive my husband crazy. So what I do is ask myself what is the worst that can happen in the situation and then prepare for it. If you are worried about her reporting you for something make sure you have everything in order all texts saved and messages saved from her.
If you are worried about your dogs in the yard try to stay out there with them or get cameras for the back. I really don't think that she will do anything but just prepare for whatever worries you the most. I know its not great advice but its how I stay sane when I worry about everything.
marniewon 12:35 PM 12-27-2010
Originally Posted by nikia:
I am a worrier. I worry about everything from my house catching on fire to my kids being kidnapped. I drive my husband crazy. So what I do is ask myself what is the worst that can happen in the situation and then prepare for it. If you are worried about her reporting you for something make sure you have everything in order all texts saved and messages saved from her.
If you are worried about your dogs in the yard try to stay out there with them or get cameras for the back. I really don't think that she will do anything but just prepare for whatever worries you the most. I know its not great advice but its how I stay sane when I worry about everything.
I think that's great advice nikia!
JeepGirl6 12:35 PM 12-27-2010
Originally Posted by marniewon:
Are you licensed? Have you called licensing to give them a "heads up" about this situation? A lot of times if you get to licensing before the parent does, they will know that there is nothing wrong, just an irate parent. As for your dogs, yeah, I might be worried too, if you really think she would do anything to them. Has she threatened you at all? I mean with physical harm? If she has, you might want to look into getting a restraining order on her. Keep us posted! And good luck!
No I am not licensed yet, but planned to do so in the future. She has not tried to respond to me since her E-mail last week, thinking she is threatening me that she is claiming the child care service on her taxes...basically she said she will claim it if I make her pay what she owes me...well I claim all of the parents whether they do or not so it's not a threat to me....she has not threatened me with physical harm

I keep the dogs inside when I am not home, but when we leave them out when we are home, they have a very big fenced in back yard...I am constantly watching to see if they try to eat anything...They are like my kids since I don't have any kids yet...so it just really worries me if anything would happen to them...I know some people say they are just dogs, but I feel like they are part of our family. My fiance tells me I worry too much and someone wouldn't think to do that but I don't know why but that is something I always worry about more than anything
Reply Up