Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Does Anyone Have Any Quick And Easy Ideas For.....
Former Teacher 10:24 AM 12-19-2010
Christmas presents for the kiddo's parents? I realize that Christmas is only days away. I also only have Monday and Tuesday to work on this.

Thanks!
melskids 10:33 AM 12-19-2010
something you would buy for them, or do you mean something for the kiddos to make, like a craft?

i took a blue ornament and put their handprint in white on it. then painted each "finger" to look like a snowman. i attached a poem, dont quite remember it off the top of my head....i wrapped them already. but i found it on a google search, i bet you could too.

it started like this.....
i painted all my fingers white, and held this ball so very tight
something something made for you 5 snowmen.

sorry.... lol i tried
Pammie 10:43 AM 12-19-2010
My kids make handprint tiles every year.

I bought ceramic tiles at home depot - gloss white 6"square - about 87 cents each. We did a handprint with acrylic paint - let it dry for one day, and then coated/sealed it with clear spray sealer.

They really turn out nicely - and cheap to make.
When I have s/a kids - I have them paint a Christmas picture on the tile, and then seal it the same way.

Hope this helps!
Former Teacher 11:11 AM 12-19-2010
Thanks ladies! I should have said..for the kids to make for the parents

I am off to Google to get some more ideas!
kendallina 11:15 AM 12-19-2010
I bought ceramic ornaments from the craft store (they were about $0.60each) and had the children paint them. I then added a little glitter paint to the edges and wrote their name and the year on them. The parents LOVED them and it was super easy to do in a day and have them ready for when the parents came to pick up.
AmandasFCC 11:34 AM 12-19-2010
Last year my kids made foot print Rudolphs. Have them step in paint, then onto a piece of paper, glue on some googly eyes and a red pompom for a nose and there ya go.

This year they made wreath Christmas ornaments out of craft foam. They turned out pretty nice I think. I had intended to take their pictures and put them in the center of the wreath but I'm ashamed to say I completely forgot lol
dEHmom 02:13 PM 12-19-2010
Using foam, cut out 2 bells using a stencil. In one of the bells, cut the center out, place a picture of child and glue to the 2nd bell, place the bell with a cutout on top (basically making a frame with a picture in it in the shape of a bell). Using piece of pipecleaner, make a hole at top, loop through and twist the ends together.

Easy decoration, looks awesome on the trees.

You can do many variations of this to be trees, etc, or even non christmas decorations.

This summer the kids made their dad's for fathers day something very similar but not a picture frame. It was cut out of a tie, sprayed the foam with air freshner (car airfreshener) and then they decorated it to say #1 dad, etc. I've seen the dad's driving around town with these hanging on their mirrors.
SandeeAR 04:56 PM 12-19-2010
Take a dinner plate, draw a light pencil circle around it on to fingerpaint paper or poster board. Paint the kids hands green. Start at the bottom, go up the right side with the right hand, go up the left side with the left hand.

You now have a wreath. Cut a bow and 9 berries out of red paper, place the bow on the top or bottom, glue the berries in 3 sets of 3 on the wreath.

I have one of each of my daughters, framed, that I have kept for over 20 years now.
Tags:christmas gifts parents, gift ideas
Reply Up