Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Main Questions In An Interview With a Daycare Provider
Unregistered 01:06 PM 01-30-2013
I am a mother of Two kids and have an interview soon with a home daycare provider, I want to know the most important points i should focus on in the interview? and if this daycare provider has no previous experience should i ask for an extra or additional things?
I hope i could find a safe and trustable daycare for my kids!
Blackcat31 01:24 PM 01-30-2013
The number one most important peice of advice I feel I could give to you is to be honest, to communicate (not only during the interview but during the course of your attendance while there) openly with the provider.

If you don't agree with any of her rules and policies, ask for further explanation. Usually rules that make sense to us don't make sense to parents as they aren't usually caring for a GROUP of children know what I mean?

If you have questions, no matter how irrelevant or small they seem....ask. More information is always better than not enough.

Make sure she has a clearly written handbook that FULLY explains YOUR rights and responsibilities as well as hers so you both know exactly what your expectations are of each other.

I personally don't always fee that a provider with less experience is any better or worse than one with years of experience. I think the most important thing is trust between you and whatever provider you choose and the ability to openly and honestly communicate with each other.

You are sharing an important role with her and that requires you (and her) to be able to talk to each other without ever feeling like you are being judged or judging her. Your relationship should click. It should be supportive of each other and each of your roles in your child's life.

Hope that helps.
Reply Up