Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Does This Letter Sound?
WImom 07:40 AM 10-19-2011
I decided to address this pick up/drop off issue for all families as to not single out the one (previous post I had)...

I wanted to address some thing’s regarding drop off and pick up times at Little Sprouts. As you all know the area for dropping off and picking up is limited in space and we also have several families that come and go at the same time. Please keep your pick ups and drop offs short. I understand you haven’t seen your children all day but the ride home is an excellent time to talk about all the fun they had during the day and what your family is going to do that evening.

Please be respectful off all the families and be sure to park only on one side of the drive way, with the weather getting colder I’m sure no one wants to park way down the street and hopefully with a quick pick up/drop off most families can park in the driveway.

To help with the congestion in the front entry area I will be getting kids ready to go once it’s 5 minutes before your scheduled time to pick up. Please help me on that if you arrive during that time and continue getting them ready to go.

I would also like to remind everyone that your children need to be ready to go when they arrive in the morning. Children should have clean diapers, have gone potty before they arrive and are dressed and ready to go for a fun filled day.

Thanks for helping on this matter.

wdmmom 07:46 AM 10-19-2011
Sounds good to me but if you are having an issue with one particular family on this, you can bet it will go in one ear and out the other if they even read it at all. I have found that this generation don't respond to letters, emails, texting, etc. They respond to direct contact and confrontation. Sad, but true.
nannyde 07:59 AM 10-19-2011
I would use the word COMPLETELY ready to go. Completely ready to go means having diapers changed, face clean, hands clean, and dressed in weather appropriate clothing.

We do not host parents getting getting ready for their day in the child care. They must be completely ready to start day car when they arrive.
Cat Herder 08:00 AM 10-19-2011
Originally Posted by WImom:
I decided to address this pick up/drop off issue for all families as to not single out the one (previous post I had)...

I wanted to address some thing’s regarding drop off and pick up times at Little Sprouts. As you all know the area for dropping off and picking up is limited in space and we also have several families that come and go at the same time. Please keep your pick ups and drop offs short. I understand you haven’t seen your children all day but the ride home is an excellent time to talk about all the fun they had during the day and what your family is going to do that evening.

Please be respectful off all the families and be sure to park only on one side of the drive way, with the weather getting colder I’m sure no one wants to park way down the street and hopefully with a quick pick up/drop off most families can park in the driveway.

To help with the congestion in the front entry area I will be getting kids ready to go once it’s 5 minutes before your scheduled time to pick up. Please help me on that if you arrive during that time and continue getting them ready to go.

I would also like to remind everyone that your children need to be ready to go when they arrive in the morning. Children should have clean diapers, have gone potty before they arrive and are dressed and ready to go for a fun filled day.

I'd shorten it drastically.

Parents,

Due to time, space and parking restraints there have been some changes to our drop-off and pick-up routine. To improve efficiency, as of **-**-* we will be switching to the "Quick Stop" program as in most national childcares and public school systems.

The Quick Stop program employs tried and true techniques to minimize stress, time and hassle for everyone.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation!!

(have this next section on a little cartoon character banner/heading or bullet. Think coloring page printable)

Quick-Stop:

1. Have your child dressed and ready for the day before drop-offs. Say your goodbyes quickly at the door.

2. Your child will be ready to go at the door for departure time.

3. All parent conferences will be scheduled during non-childcare hours. If you have any concerns please feel free to call, during the hours of *** to ***, or email at any time.

Now, I have seen it called Quick-Stop, Kiss-N-Go lanes, and the BUH-BYE Outside technique. You can name it anything you want. Anything else can be explained face to face. Obviously you can change the wording to fit what you want. I just pulled this out of the air .
MarinaVanessa 08:33 AM 10-19-2011
I changed a few things around and suggested a difference in wording. Also I think you might want to add consequences if they don't follow your guidelines. For example, you can say that if they fail to park on only one side of the driveway or stay too long in the driveway and they make it difficult for other parents to park in the driveway and pick their children up then they will be suspended from parking in the driveway.

I do agree that the one person you are writing this notice for is the one person that won't get it so you will have to call her out on it if she keeps doing it. Just say something like "Well I don't want to keep you any longer than necessary, there are other parent's that have to get in and out that need the driveway to so I'll see you tomorrow" or "You know, you're parked in the middle of the driveway right now and noone else will be able to park there. Everyone else has been so good about being considerate of the rest of the parents when it comes to the parking issue once I gave the notice out so I'm going to need you to move your car. If you need to you can park your car in the street." Say it pleasantly and with a smile and she will still get it. If she doesn't, well then she's just plain being rebellious.

Originally Posted by WImom:
I wanted to address some thing’s regarding drop off and pick up times at Little Sprouts. As you all know the area for dropping off and picking up has limited space and we have several families that come and go. Please keep your pick ups and drop offs short.

Please be respectful of (not off) all the other families and park on one side of the drive way only, with the weather getting colder I’m sure no one wants to park on the street. With a quick pick up/drop off most families can park in the driveway.

To help with the congestion in the front entry area I will be getting kids ready to go once it’s 5 minutes before your scheduled time to pick up. If you arrive during that time you can continue getting your child ready.

I would also like to remind everyone that your children need to be prepared when they arrive in the morning. Children must have clean diapers, have gone potty before they arrive and fully dressed for a fun filled day.

wahmof3 08:52 AM 10-19-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
I'd shorten it drastically.

Parents,

Due to time, space and parking restraints there have been some changes to our drop-off and pick-up routine. To improve efficiency, as of **-**-* we will be switching to the "Quick Stop" program as in most national childcares and public school systems.

The Quick Stop program employs tried and true techniques to minimize stress, time and hassle for everyone.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation!!

(have this next section on a little cartoon character banner/heading or bullet. Think coloring page printable)

Quick-Stop:

1. Have your child dressed and ready for the day before drop-offs. Say your goodbyes quickly at the door.

2. Your child will be ready to go at the door for departure time.

3. All parent conferences will be scheduled during non-childcare hours. If you have any concerns please feel free to call, during the hours of *** to ***, or email at any time.

Now, I have seen it called Quick-Stop, Kiss-N-Go lanes, and the BUH-BYE Outside technique. You can name it anything you want. Anything else can be explained face to face. Obviously you can change the wording to fit what you want. I just pulled this out of the air .
this is good..... like like like!
daycare 08:58 AM 10-19-2011
I work on contracted hours. I purposely spread out the time that each family arrives and picks up.

I live in an HOA and they are monsters about the traffic. I also have a small entry way, so I decided the only way to make it smooth was to have everyone come a different times. Even if it is 10 min apart. Then you give them the kiss and go program....It has worked great for the last three years
WImom 08:59 AM 10-19-2011
thanks everyone. I have two that do the 'wait to go potty'until they come so that is for two families. I've tried suggestions to the other family and she doesn't listen so I figure I have it in writing now. Yeah, They are usually first and park in the driveway and then the rest of the families all park on the street since they are here 20 minutes (They also take 10 minutes in the car).
Hopefully this letter will fix it.
Tags:drop off issues, letter samples, pick up issues, pick up policy
Reply Up