Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 11-11-2018, 07:15 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default How Often Do You Dream About Daycare?

Just a fun question.

How often do you guys have a dream and it ends up being about daycare or one of your dcks is in it?

I’d say this happens to me about once a month maybe. And then I just wake up feeling exhausted when I feel like I’ve just had them and then have to have a whole day with them too. I know dreams are subconscious but man if I could turn off daycare dreams that would be lovely.

Thankful last nights dream was a weekend and I have all of Sunday to rest and recharge before Monday.
Old 11-11-2018, 08:03 AM
Childcare Provider

I've had dreams about the kids in my care but it doesn't happen often at all
Old 11-11-2018, 09:23 AM
Unregistered

I don’t think I have ever dreamt about daycare! That is definitely weird since I am doing it 50 hours a week.
Old 11-11-2018, 09:53 AM
Daycare.com Member

When I first started doing day care, I had frequent dreams about it and I felt the same way - exhausted when I woke up. I also used to hear babies crying even after the kids went home for the night. Both eventually became less and less frequent over the years and up until last week, I hadn't had a dream about day care in years. Hopefully, I'm not going back to that.
Old 11-11-2018, 11:47 AM
Unregistered

I have the occasional stress dream where I leave the house forgetting that there is a daycare baby still here. Once I realize it, I panic trying to get back to the house. Every obstacle known to man gets in my way but I eventually get there to find the baby crying. Oh, man. I'm stressed just talking about it.
Old 11-11-2018, 11:52 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have the occasional stress dream where I leave the house forgetting that there is a daycare baby still here. Once I realize it, I panic trying to get back to the house. Every obstacle known to man gets in my way but I eventually get there to find the baby crying. Oh, man. I'm stressed just talking about it.
Here lately, things have been so busy that when I close for the day, I am immediately heading to do something else on the run and I have that quick thought "oh no, were all the kids gone".
Old 11-11-2018, 01:06 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Close to my inspection time, I have a dream my licensor comes and its all bad news lol
Old 11-11-2018, 01:29 PM
Daycare.com Member

I have a recurring dream....actually a nightmare. It’s naptime, and I have 10-12 kids running wild. No one will go to their mats—it’s just total chaos.
Old 11-11-2018, 02:05 PM
Daycare.com Member

I've also heard the ghost babies crying when nobody is here. As far as dreams, I have dreams about the different kids but not in the dc setting, if that makes sense.
Old 11-11-2018, 07:41 PM
Daycare.com Member

i have. It was disturbing. Mine was totally a way for my subconcious to deal with the feeling I had towards this child (a mean, naughty child).
Old 11-12-2018, 03:28 AM
Daycare.com Member and Bladesmith

I'm sure I have, but I don't remember a specific dream about the daycare or the kids.
Old 11-12-2018, 07:43 AM
Daycare.com Member

I retired 3 years ago.I dream about DC weekly.Always to many kids,parents don't pickup on time,I loose one everything that can happen happens.I wake up tired and stressed.Harder than when I actually ran DC.
Old 11-12-2018, 07:44 AM
Daycare.com Member

I can't remember if I have or haven't, but my sister who also does daycare had one recently. She heard a lot of crying, and went into her living room and found it full of babies still in their car seats that parents just dropped off and left without a word!
Old 11-12-2018, 08:15 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I have had the "left behind sleeping baby" nightmare many times. It has various endings, none good. I find it happens more often when I have too many chronic "last minute" pick-up families in care. More specifically, when I have to rush out the door behind them, to my second job, too often because they waited until the last minute.

It has improved greatly since changing hours to allow a 30-minute buffer.
Old 11-12-2018, 10:52 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockgirl View Post
I have a recurring dream....actually a nightmare. It’s naptime, and I have 10-12 kids running wild. No one will go to their mats—it’s just total chaos.
Here I call that a Tuesday.
Old 11-14-2018, 06:57 AM
Daycare.com Member

All the time 😂😂 yesterday i taught the kids about what makes teeth healthy or unhealthy and i had a dream last night that my teeth were rotting 😨
Old 11-14-2018, 06:58 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemoon5 View Post
Here I call that a Tuesday.
That used to be my reality
Old 11-14-2018, 07:01 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiegirl View Post
I've also heard the ghost babies crying when nobody is here. As far as dreams, I have dreams about the different kids but not in the dc setting, if that makes sense.
Ghost babies?
Old 11-14-2018, 07:36 AM
Daycare.com Member

I am glad I am not alone. And I have deff heard the phantom baby cries as well.

When I used to nanny the family that I nannied for was a very crunchy granola hippie dippy type family. Love them but wouldn’t raise my kids the way they are. Anyways they co slept at night and when the youngest was a baby they didn’t want her napping anywhere but someone’s arms so I held her her entire nap, every nap. It was fine bc I got snuggles and the Netflix remote and they didn’t care if I also napped. Any time I did nap though I always had the same dream. That the mom came out of her office and woke us up but that I was unable to open my eyes but consciously aware of everything that was happening. I stopped napping with her after that happened 3-4 times. It felt so real it was scary.

Also if anyone was wondering said coddled child is now 6.5 and last I checked still slept in her parents bed and has hella anxiety and struggles in school a ton when it comes to appropriate social interaction. I’m not saying it’s their parenting style but for sure that I would not raise my own children they way they chose to raise her.
Old 04-19-2021, 07:50 PM
Unregistered

Post Random daycare owner

I had a dream about a Norfolk Virginia daycare owner someone that is random to me her name miss Anne I simply have not met her.
Old 04-20-2021, 03:08 AM
Daycare.com Member

I know this is an old topic but I find it funny(worrisome maybe?) of how life-impacting this job is(was for me) when I still have very vivid dreams often even having been out of the biz for awhile.
I dream about former dcks more often than anything else in my life. I have come to realize I do miss some of it; the projects and planning, the fun and excitement, even the noise. At the time I sensed a lot of dread....oh no, another holiday we need to plan for, that type of thing.
But these days, in my dreams, children are *usually* having fun, laughing, listening and never a dirty diaper.
Old 04-20-2021, 06:41 AM
Center Director

My entire life seems to be my job. I dream about it every night.
Old 04-20-2021, 06:53 AM
Daycare.com Member

Wow my answer is the same as 3 years ago.I have been retired since 2015 and at least twice a week dream about DC same as before .LOL
Old 04-20-2021, 07:22 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiegirl View Post
I know this is an old topic but I find it funny(worrisome maybe?) of how life-impacting this job is(was for me) when I still have very vivid dreams often even having been out of the biz for awhile.
I dream about former dcks more often than anything else in my life. I have come to realize I do miss some of it; the projects and planning, the fun and excitement, even the noise. At the time I sensed a lot of dread....oh no, another holiday we need to plan for, that type of thing.
But these days, in my dreams, children are *usually* having fun, laughing, listening and never a dirty diaper.
I had a restaurant job more than 20 years ago. I still have frequent nightmares of being "in the weeds".

It's nice to hear that you miss (some) of it though. I keep trying to get out of this biz, but it never works in my favor. Either it's too hard to give up grant money, tax write offs or being home with my kids. I am convinced I will not miss it one bit.
Old 04-20-2021, 07:31 AM
Daycare.com Member

I have dreams sometimes where I close and forget a child is in the daycare room and I struggle all night to get back to the child before their parent comes???

Tags
daycare environment, daycare experiences