Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 4 12 13 14 15 16  ... Last
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The Positive Thread - What Happened That was GOOD Today?
Pepperth 07:00 AM 01-21-2015
I'm on such a roll today! Lunch is in the rice-cooker, ready for me to push the go button. Supper is in the slow-cooker already cooking. Both babies and the dog are napping right now, my son is still at preschool, and I have a cup of coffee.
Turquoise14 08:36 AM 01-29-2015
Today is so nice, as was yesterday. Two dcbs are out with grandma through the end of the week, and I have a sweet drop in girl instead. Sure makes a huge difference. Everyone is getting along so well.
hope 05:43 AM 02-10-2015
Two separate families called out today. One has a "teething " baby with a 103 temperature. Lol! They will be going to the doctor today. But that leaves me with the day off! I have been in such a funk lately being stuck in the house and not being able to spend a lot of time with DH. So DS and I will be meeting DH out for lunch today. So excited!
Play Care 06:57 AM 02-10-2015
Yesterday instead of closing I had a delayed opening. I wound up with my two older dc boys and we had a blast. Made homemade pizza and applesauce for lunch, got outside sledding and playing three times. They even managed to get some hot chocolate fabulous day
daycarediva 09:27 AM 02-10-2015
Originally Posted by Play Care:
Yesterday instead of closing I had a delayed opening. I wound up with my two older dc boys and we had a blast. Made homemade pizza and applesauce for lunch, got outside sledding and playing three times. They even managed to get some hot chocolate fabulous day
NAUGHTY YOU! My food program rep said if the PARENT provides it, the kids can have it. Sooo each child has a box of hot chocolate packs in their cubbies.
hope 03:32 AM 02-17-2015
Snow day!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MamaB'sKidz 04:48 AM 02-17-2015
Originally Posted by hope:
Snow day!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Me too!! Enjoy your snow day!
AmyLeigh 03:06 PM 02-18-2015
My dc families are awesome! I had to ask them if they could pick the kids up early because my mom is having surgery at 5:00. The regular pick-up time is 5:30, so if they couldn't, I was willing to deal with it. I was going to suggest 4:30, but they all said they could do 4:00. Then they asked if that was too late. No complaints, no questions if they had to, nothing like that at all. They all jumped on it immediately. I am so thankful for their willingness to help out.
Rockgirl 06:05 AM 02-20-2015
It's supposed to be 75 here today, with very little wind (big deal here...it's almost always windy). This means lots of outside time, AND it's Friday!
laundrymom 09:52 AM 02-20-2015
Originally Posted by Rockgirl:
It's supposed to be 75 here today, with very little wind (big deal here...it's almost always windy). This means lots of outside time, AND it's Friday!
It was -5 here most of the morning. Wicked wind. No outside time. But it's friday!!! Lol
hope 10:34 AM 02-20-2015
The dcm i always have problems with is not here today. That leaves me with a drama free day. All the kids were so pooped out they were begging for their naps. I sat down and had a few Oreos dipped in milk. Don't think I have done that since I was 5 maybe. Ya for Friday!
Sunshine74 11:14 AM 02-20-2015
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
It was -5 here most of the morning. Wicked wind. No outside time. But it's friday!!! Lol
Here too! It's made it up to 1*!
Controlled Chaos 11:31 AM 02-20-2015
The dcm i always have problems with is not here today. That leaves me with a drama free day. All the kids were so pooped out they were begging for their naps. I sat down and had a few Oreos dipped in milk. Don't think I have done that since I was 5 maybe. Ya for Friday!

My mother in law brought by belated Valnetines so I will be eating chocolate with my coffee during nap today! Just waiting for them to finish lunch!
daycarediva 08:48 AM 02-22-2015
I filled my space! New clients are starting Monday, and since dcg is not returning and Mom paid for her notice period, I was paid twice for the same space.

New dck is a sweetie, has great manners, asked for help when needed, said EXCUSE ME!, is potty trained and when I asked his favorite food....carrots... parents were great, separated but amicable, both involved.
KiddieCahoots 08:52 AM 02-22-2015
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I filled my space! New clients are starting Monday, and since dcg is not returning and Mom paid for her notice period, I was paid twice for the same space.

New dck is a sweetie, has great manners, asked for help when needed, said EXCUSE ME!, is potty trained and when I asked his favorite food....carrots... parents were great, separated but amicable, both involved.
Fantastic news!!! Congratulations!
jgcp 07:41 PM 02-24-2015
YAYYY!! my non talker started talking!! dcm went out of town for a week and BAM dcg starts finally talking at 2 yrs old! It was so fun to hear her talking!! Ive had her since June and i could barley get yes no and please out of her but finally FINALLY she was a chatterbox today! Really hope it continues!
Jack Sprat 11:39 AM 02-26-2015
All my dck's came in bouncing, happy and full of hugs, despite the frigid temps. They all laughed when the vacuum "farted" out a clump of hair. Yes, it is the little things in life!
ColorfulSunburst 05:05 PM 03-05-2015
On Tuesday we got a lot of snow here and almost all parents were stuck in traffic and were late to pick up their kids. Today we get a lot of snow again.
My husband has sent the following letter to all parents.

"Dear Families,

Please be advised to take your time and drive safely this evening to pick up your children. We will not apply any late pickup fees for today or Tuesday 3/3/2015 for late pick up because of the snow conditions. Please allow for sufficient travel time considering to road conditions. Travel safely!"

The all parents were so thankful and .... no one of them were late! Even more, most of them got here earlier than usual!
MsLisa 09:39 AM 03-06-2015
This morning while waiting for the buses to pick up, one of my school age boys accidentally admitted to his friends that he has a crush on me. So they naturally started to pick on him about it going "XX has a crush on Ms. Lisa!!" over and over again. So I just yelled back "Well I adore XX so you guys are just jealous". They all laughed and started saying they all had a crush on me. lol.

He's such a cutie (but bold) 1st grader and has been giving me so many hugs lately instead of usually driving me nuts. I knew something was up...silly kids.
daycarediva 09:57 AM 03-06-2015
dcb proposed to me today. He made me a ring with colored duct tape and a glued on plastic bead heart. We're getting married "When I'm all growed up."

He WILL make someone a wonderful husband someday. This is the most empathetic, loving boy I have ever had the pleasure to care for. He's also a neat freak and is our unofficial 'potty police' (he reminds the boys about the seat and has them go clean up their messes).
Play Care 01:57 PM 03-06-2015
A couple of months ago I made the decision to close early on Fridays. Just 45 minutes but what a huge difference it makes!
mamamanda 07:03 PM 03-07-2015
Yesterday 3 y.o. dcb got up from the lunch table w/o asking to be excused. I had struggled with his behavior all day, he's pretty new, & didn't want to get onto him yet again so I let it go. About 30 seconds later he walked back to his chair, gave me the most ornery, but adorable smile, & said, "May I be excused please?" I thought to myself, "We're going to be ok." That smile could melt your heart.
Sunshine74 07:49 PM 03-07-2015
Originally Posted by MsLisa:
This morning while waiting for the buses to pick up, one of my school age boys accidentally admitted to his friends that he has a crush on me. So they naturally started to pick on him about it going "XX has a crush on Ms. Lisa!!" over and over again. So I just yelled back "Well I adore XX so you guys are just jealous". They all laughed and started saying they all had a crush on me. lol.

He's such a cutie (but bold) 1st grader and has been giving me so many hugs lately instead of usually driving me nuts. I knew something was up...silly kids.
Before I officially started working at the center my family owns, I would go and help out. I was probably about 15 at the time, and one of the SA boys was always hanging around me. The other kids started picking on him about it, but he never admitted to having a crush (even though I knew that was why). So, I told them he only wanted to hang out with me because he was my cousin. It worked.
Rockgirl 12:35 PM 03-11-2015
We are having our best day in ages! 70 degrees, no wind. We went out around 10 this morning to play, had a picnic lunch, then we mixed up some great bubble solution I found on Pinterest. We were about 45 minutes late laying down for nap, but we were just having too much fun to stop. Even me!
MsLisa 07:19 AM 03-12-2015
Picking up our biggest donation today!!
Thanks to the awesome people at Lord & Taylor, who saw my Craigslist ad and raised money/did raffles to get us all we needed. Including bean bag chairs!! The snow might be melting but its going to be like Xmas in Aftercare today. So exciting!!!!
Sunshine74 09:52 AM 03-12-2015
After being stuck inside for months, the temperatures are finally manageable. We are trying to get out every day now. It hant quite worked out yet, but we're getting there.

Today we went for our first walk since most of the sidewalks are finally clear. It was a little icy, but not too bad. Not only did it give us some much needed activity, but the dcg who is the toughest to get to sleep was the first one asleep today.
hope 11:10 AM 03-12-2015
Originally Posted by Sunshine74:
After being stuck inside for months, the temperatures are finally manageable. We are trying to get out every day now. It hant quite worked out yet, but we're getting there.

Today we went for our first walk since most of the sidewalks are finally clear. It was a little icy, but not too bad. Not only did it give us some much needed activity, but the dcg who is the toughest to get to sleep was the first one asleep today.
Today was our first day outside in a very long time. We took a long walk throughout my Whole neighborhood. It felt wonderful! The kids ate more for lunch and are taking some much needed naps. Going outside makes a world of difference!
daycarediva 11:44 AM 03-12-2015
OUTSIDE TODAY, I let outside play run long, nap run late and snack will be going on the table after SA arrive today, but it was worth it. It's beautiful outside!
Rockgirl 06:23 AM 03-25-2015
I am seeing progress with my group. When this school year started, they were all so toddler-ish! All 6 full-timers in diapers, didn't really function well as a group, couldn't handle free play, etc. We are getting there. All but one use the potty, they enjoy group activities for short periods, can play nicely if given limited choices. They still keep me on my toes every minute, but they have come a long way the past few months. I am proud of them.
Blackcat31 06:39 AM 03-25-2015
Stressing about a newbie that doesn't really fit in.

Had been on the waitlist for over a year. FINALLY got a space.

Been here a little over 60 days now. NOT fitting in well.

Good kid, just not the right fit for my group/program.

Know I have to let them go in the best interest of everyone.

Stressing over how to say "He's just not the best fit" when there really is no one issue or behavior that says this....

Wishing there WAS a behavior/issue as that would make it easier.

Fast forward: Family had some personal things happen over the weekend and need to give notice.

Feeling bad for them but feeling good that it all worked out.
Rockgirl 10:44 AM 03-25-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Stressing about a newbie that doesn't really fit in.

Had been on the waitlist for over a year. FINALLY got a space.

Been here a little over 60 days now. NOT fitting in well.

Good kid, just not the right fit for my group/program.

Know I have to let them go in the best interest of everyone.

Stressing over how to say "He's just not the best fit" when there really is no one issue or behavior that says this....

Wishing there WAS a behavior/issue as that would make it easier.

Fast forward: Family had some personal things happen over the weekend and need to give notice.

Feeling bad for them but feeling good that it all worked out.
It's nice when you don't have to be the "bad guy".
Unregistered 06:33 AM 03-27-2015
Quiet day with 3 very calm kiddos! We've put supper in the slow cooker, baked cupcakes, played camping, painted, built blocks! Such a great Friday! And my new dcb1 came in all smiles and put his arms right up to come with me! Only week two here and doing amazing!!!
Sunshine74 03:20 PM 03-27-2015
We moved our room around today, and I think we are really going to like the arrangement. It came together pretty quickly, only about a half hour, and it definitely isn't like that all the time. Plus the kids all played really nice amongst the chaos. :-)
hope 11:58 AM 04-21-2015
DS and I made ice cream sundaes while the dcks napped. And this is why I do daycare. I love that I have this time with him!
Rockgirl 04:39 PM 04-21-2015
DS and I made ice cream sundaes while the dcks napped. And this is why I do daycare. I love that I have this time with him!
Love this.
BumbleBee 10:58 AM 04-22-2015
Just received approval from the city board for a group license!

I was expecting some 'nays' when they voted but nope, every single one said 'aye'!

Now they're trying to convince me to buy the old Head Start building to open a center. lol. Their words were 'we have a building we're willing to let go for cheap. Make an offer!'

I'm not going to, I just don't have it in me to do a center right now. I worked administration for a center for a few years and NOPE!
DaveA 10:22 AM 04-27-2015
My wife got cleared to go back to work today. . Like having her around but it will be nice to get back to my normal routine.
daycarediva 11:30 AM 05-13-2015
Went to court yesterday- a former daycare parent sued after turning her into CPS and her child being removed from her home. Hired a lawyer and won our countersuit. All of that stress, money, time and aggravation over in 20 minutes.
Shell 11:37 AM 05-13-2015
Went to court yesterday- a former daycare parent sued after turning her into CPS and her child being removed from her home. Hired a lawyer and won our countersuit. All of that stress, money, time and aggravation over in 20 minutes.
that must be a huge relief!
daycarediva 11:41 AM 05-13-2015
Originally Posted by Shell:
that must be a huge relief!
The weight of the world is off my shoulders right now! I made to the PENNY what I was out monetarily (he didn't award the countersuit for pain and suffering for me, either)

Licensing has cleared me from her bogus allegations, court has cleared me. It's a good day to be a daycare provider.
Annalee 11:46 AM 05-13-2015
Nice to hear the system worked for the provider! Enjoy your day!
DaveA 12:43 PM 05-13-2015
Great! Nice it worked out.
Sunshine74 10:17 PM 05-13-2015
That's great news!
Unregistered 11:14 AM 05-18-2015
The weight of the world is off my shoulders right now! I made to the PENNY what I was out monetarily (he didn't award the countersuit for pain and suffering for me, either)

Licensing has cleared me from her bogus allegations, court has cleared me. It's a good day to be a daycare provider.
Yay! I'm so happy for you!
Controlled Chaos 12:45 PM 05-18-2015
I did my monthly pajama party on Saturday. None of the parents knew I was having a rough week but they all brought me a bottle of wine along with the $20 for the party. So sweet. And one parent (who did know as she is my FB friend and had seem some family posts) brought me a bouquet of flowers too. Seriously. I only worked 3 hours and got 5 bottles of wine lol. I LOVE my dcfs!
Turquoise14 05:38 AM 05-20-2015
School is almost out, and I'm really excited for things to slow down for a bit. today is the last day for my two most difficult children. Pretty soon it will just be me, ds, and easy little dcb for a while.
Annalee 09:02 AM 05-21-2015
My last day until Tuesday....leaving at 4:00 for vacation!
Baby Beluga 10:00 AM 05-22-2015
I will have every Monday and Wednesday off in June and July this summer....SO EXCITED!!!!!!
Annalee 04:58 PM 05-25-2015
Just returned from five days vacation on the water and have recharged my batteries....
Little Learners 10:06 AM 06-02-2015

Congratulations. I hope it cost her in the process, for abusing the system! In all the years I've done daycare, the ones that were unhappy it was almost always about money and not the child. Luckily they termed, or I termed them and that was about it.

Unless someone is truly at fault, many lawsuits are truly about someone trying to get a big pay day, especially in these times. Glad to hear her financial plan backfired because the court system doesn't always work.

Too many lawsuits are not dismissed when they should be, and the court gives these nuts their moment of sunshine/rain depending, lol.
Unregistered 08:25 PM 06-10-2015
Today is my Friday!
Play Care 06:36 AM 06-11-2015
My dcg's last day is tomorrow, and I got all her parting gifts ready to go. Usually I get busy and am scrambling at the final hour
Play Care 05:25 PM 06-15-2015
I just got a huge delivery from Lakeshore!! All from a grant I qualified for by attending trainings through my child care r & r agency.
I finally got some magna tiles (starter set) I've wanted them for years but was put off by the cost, etc. My family played with them tonight and they are awesome
So excited to get this stuff in the lesson plan for the next week
childcaremom 10:50 AM 06-17-2015
I just got a huge delivery from Lakeshore!! All from a grant I qualified for by attending trainings through my child care r & r agency.
I finally got some magna tiles (starter set) I've wanted them for years but was put off by the cost, etc. My family played with them tonight and they are awesome
So excited to get this stuff in the lesson plan for the next week
Ooo.... love deliveries I want want want Magna Tiles, too. I have seen a similar toy at Costco and may try those out.

http://www.costco.ca/.product.447004.html
AmyLeigh 11:10 AM 06-17-2015
Dcb actually hugged me goodbye! I have hugged him a few times in the past, but this was the first time he initiated. For anyone who has had 'cool' 9 yo's, you know what a big thing this is.
His mom is out of town for a major surgery and he is between summer school program, my house, and grandparents'. She won't be back until Friday, and he is worried about her. It's probably related, but I think it's sweet.
Play Care 11:12 AM 06-17-2015
Originally Posted by childcaremom:
Ooo.... love deliveries I want want want Magna Tiles, too. I have seen a similar toy at Costco and may try those out.

http://www.costco.ca/.product.447004.html
So far they've been a hit. So much so that I'm probably going to buy more
Play Care 11:13 AM 06-17-2015
After two days of rainy weather, the sun is shining.
AmyLeigh 11:20 AM 06-17-2015
Originally Posted by childcaremom:
Ooo.... love deliveries
UPS.jpg

'Nuff said.
Attached:
Blackcat31 11:24 AM 06-17-2015
Originally Posted by AmyLeigh:
Attachment 3379

'Nuff said.

Controlled Chaos 07:59 PM 06-17-2015
Attachment 3379

'Nuff said.
So true!!!
Controlled Chaos 08:03 PM 06-17-2015
This is a double happy post.
1. A family that was driving me nuts decided to leave about 2 weeks before I was going to term. So glad.
2. I replaced them with a family on my wait list. I have never done that before! It felt awesome. I called them up, they came for the interview and to fill out paperwork. They start July 1st. I will get 2 weeks of a lighter load and then a fresh start with what seems like a nice family
Sunshine74 08:26 PM 06-17-2015
Dcg is a very picky eater, she usually only eats fruit. It is a problem at home too. So, we have been working with her on trying different things. Today, I helped her try a bite of BBQ chicken, and she ate her whole serving and even asked for more!
childcaremom 01:14 AM 06-18-2015
Attachment 3379

'Nuff said.
Yes
Play Care 03:09 AM 06-18-2015
Attachment 3379

'Nuff said.
So true! I hear the truck coming up the driveway and I get all giddy!
Play Care 09:43 AM 06-25-2015
The tie dye shirts I did yesterday with the kids came out really nice!
We used red and blue tie dye for a patriotic theme.

I'm going to try to get a pic after nap of them all wearing their shirts
BumbleBee 10:27 AM 06-25-2015
I may have gotten my clothes wet and muddy but jumping in mud puddles all the way home from the grocery store with 3 yo dcb reconnected us.

We struggle to connect, always have. He's well taken care of but we butt heads, a lot.

Being a little crazy eased the tension between us this morning
Baby Beluga 02:16 PM 06-25-2015
My newly turned 2 year old DCB who is very behind verbally was very chatty today. Most of it was simple noises, but he was happy and I loved hearing him "talk"
Thriftylady 02:35 PM 06-25-2015
I had a call back from an interview last week. Looks like I am signing a kiddo. Only temporary but I need a kiddo.
Annalee 05:53 AM 07-01-2015
It is my last day for the week....a much needed break!
Blackcat31 10:04 AM 07-01-2015
Originally Posted by Annalee:
It is my last day for the week....a much needed break!
same here!! Enjoy your vacation!!
daycarediva 11:14 AM 07-01-2015
I have a field trip scheduled tomorrow, and I was really concerned about bringing dcb due to potty accidents (always poo, always a huge mess, even in pullups.) Dcm just told me they are going out of town and dcb won't be here tomorrow. Another dck was picked up early to go on vacation, another has been out all week on vacation, so that leaves me with all non napping, potty trained kids tomorrow. We are going to have a BLAST since we don't have to be back in time, and no need to pack anything but drinks! Maybe we will even go out to lunch!
Annalee 11:33 AM 07-01-2015
same here!! Enjoy your vacation!!
Thanks! Same to you!
Blackcat31 11:34 AM 07-01-2015
I have a field trip scheduled tomorrow, and I was really concerned about bringing dcb due to potty accidents (always poo, always a huge mess, even in pullups.) Dcm just told me they are going out of town and dcb won't be here tomorrow. Another dck was picked up early to go on vacation, another has been out all week on vacation, so that leaves me with all non napping, potty trained kids tomorrow. We are going to have a BLAST since we don't have to be back in time, and no need to pack anything but drinks! Maybe we will even go out to lunch!
Isn't it awesome how things work themselves out sometimes?

Enjoy your field trip!!
Thriftylady 11:35 AM 07-01-2015
A grandmother that is going to have her grandson for a couple of months just came today with paperwork and an enrollment fee. It is a SAer, 7 years old. I kind of prefer youngers, but for now I am happy.
DaveA 04:42 AM 07-02-2015
Only have 2 kids today till 2:00 (closing early to go to ball game with my own kids) and everyone's told me they won't be here tomorrow.
Thriftylady 05:54 AM 07-02-2015
Originally Posted by DaveArmour:
Only have 2 kids today till 2:00 (closing early to go to ball game with my own kids) and everyone's told me they won't be here tomorrow.
A much needed day off!
kchlmom 06:41 AM 07-07-2015
One of my DCMs told me this morning at drop off that as of next Monday she is taking at least a 2 month leave of absence from work! Now why would I post that under "something good" you ask? Well, because she is only 1 of 2 moms I actually have left and I havent told either mom yet that I have been applying for jobs and have a really promising looking opportunity hopefully coming my way! I was so worried about giving 2 weeks notice and leaving them stranded lol! One down, one to go!
Shell 07:19 AM 07-07-2015
Originally Posted by kchlmom:
One of my DCMs told me this morning at drop off that as of next Monday she is taking at least a 2 month leave of absence from work! Now why would I post that under "something good" you ask? Well, because she is only 1 of 2 moms I actually have left and I havent told either mom yet that I have been applying for jobs and have a really promising looking opportunity hopefully coming my way! I was so worried about giving 2 weeks notice and leaving them stranded lol! One down, one to go!
It's awesome when it works out like that!
Play Care 10:53 AM 07-08-2015
Pop in licensing visit.

No violations
Blackcat31 11:27 AM 07-08-2015
Pop in licensing visit.

No violations

Play Care 12:27 PM 07-08-2015

Thanks!
I try to do things by the book so it's not an issue, but every time she pops in I have that one moment of panic - did I shut the gates? Are the kids where they are supposed to be (sometims the littles like to follow my own kids out of the day care areas )? Did I remember to update the evac drills? Etc etc etc

Rockgirl 06:45 AM 07-14-2015
I found several appliance boxes this morning in the alley. I had time to drag two huge refrigerator boxes into my backyard before opening. If the rest are still there when we go out after breakfast, I'm going to grab one more. I've been looking on Pinterest for playhouse ideas...I'm going to make one for the playroom. I'm really excited about this!
Play Care 10:00 AM 07-15-2015
Younger DD is at a day camp that's an outreach of the Episcopal Diocese.
It seems to be going very well. She LOVES it and looks forward to going each day. On Thursday she will be spending the night as part of their "camping at camp" program. After a few summers of her hating the sports camp we had signed her up for, it's nice to find her "thing"
DaveA 11:21 AM 07-15-2015
Had my licensing renewal visit this morning. Couple of minor paperwork stuff but no violations & because my DS is now 12 my capacity goes up 1 on the new license. Everything was smooth & drama free. My MIL was out of town visiting her sister. She's coming back tonight. She thinks the visit is tomorrow morning. Oops- must have put it on the calendar wrong.
Bookworm 04:53 PM 07-21-2015
So it's been a little over 6 wks since I left the fours to return to the infants and it was one the the best decisions I've ever made. I'm so much more relaxed now. I only have 4 kids. Three of the parents are amazing (the fourth is for another post) and we get along great. I have a great set of toddlers. They love to explore and see new things, especially when we're outside. Everything excites them. When I first started back in the toddlers, I think I've re-directed them so many times that somewhere on Earth, a river changed it course. But I don't care. I'm in love with my room.
auntymimi 09:29 AM 07-23-2015
Brand spanking new provider, just got certified and filled up my very first week open (there is such a need in our community for providers who accept subsidies AND 2nd shift care). It was a little rough going at first, but after 3 weeks we're finally starting to settle in. My overtired new 10 month old slept for me just yesterday (without me holding him or waking up every 15 min., or pushing in a stroller....ect.) I had to rock him to get there, but still, progress, right? My little attention seeker spent the whole day playing with the other kids and didn't whine for tv once! And my 2 y/0 dd has finally stopped telling all the kids, "that's my mommy, not YOUR mommy" every time I stop to give a cuddle. She's been in daycare her whole life up until this point and I've just been reminding her that "mommy is just like your Ms ...... to these kids". All and all going awesome. I think I can do this! I'm still tired though, lol.
AmyKidsCo 01:34 PM 07-24-2015
Just 1 1/2 more hours until VACATION! We're not going anywhere but I'm looking forward to sleeping in and getting some things done around the house.
Annalee 06:08 PM 07-24-2015
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
Just 1 1/2 more hours until VACATION! We're not going anywhere but I'm looking forward to sleeping in and getting some things done around the house.
Sometimes, those vacations we spend at home are the most relaxing. Enjoy your time off!
Controlled Chaos 12:08 PM 07-30-2015
Originally Posted by auntymimi:
Brand spanking new provider, just got certified and filled up my very first week open (there is such a need in our community for providers who accept subsidies AND 2nd shift care). It was a little rough going at first, but after 3 weeks we're finally starting to settle in. My overtired new 10 month old slept for me just yesterday (without me holding him or waking up every 15 min., or pushing in a stroller....ect.) I had to rock him to get there, but still, progress, right? My little attention seeker spent the whole day playing with the other kids and didn't whine for tv once! And my 2 y/0 dd has finally stopped telling all the kids, "that's my mommy, not YOUR mommy" every time I stop to give a cuddle. She's been in daycare her whole life up until this point and I've just been reminding her that "mommy is just like your Ms ...... to these kids". All and all going awesome. I think I can do this! I'm still tired though, lol.
Congrats and welcome!
Controlled Chaos 12:11 PM 07-30-2015
Potty Training Win!

I have a newer DCG 3. She came right at her 3rd bday Mom said previous provider and mom had done no potty training with her yet. She was super ready, all signs were there. Introduced her to the potty, took her every 2 hours when I did diaper changes and she was in big girl undies, accident free within 3 weeks. So proud. I needed a potty win
Sunshine74 09:22 PM 08-07-2015
We have a new DCG and to say she is a challenge is putting it nicely. When her mom picks up, DCG always has to hug each teacher good-bye. Well today as she was making her rounds (there were 3 teachers today), DCM told us that DCG loves us, and how she appreciates us so much. We don't hear it often, so it really means a lot.
MsLisa 09:04 AM 08-08-2015
After all the drama and aggravation of my boss leaving and me not getting his spot....
I'm now the Aftercare Program DIRECTOR!
(I was the Coordinator prior)

There will still be a Childcare Director above me but his/her job will mainly focus on maintaining family programs and just the finance part of mine (taking/collecting payments). Everything else is mine.

My boss isn't totally leaving, but stepped down and moved to Programs part-time and is making amazing programs for families and finding ways to make my program even cooler. He seems a lot happier and alive now which makes me happy.

NOT ONLY THAT, but we will eventually be moving to the (soon to be empty) Pre-K room. The room is one long rectangle room broken into 3 parts by gates vs. my room which is just one big square. So more room and I'm already planning on how to use each "area". This will bump my allowed amount of kids from 20 max to 40 max. Which means I get to hire in 3 new people, making me the boss of 4 people (instead of just 1). My program will be HUGE! I already am at my max of 20 and a waiting list has begun. Eeeek!
childcaremom 09:24 AM 08-08-2015
After all the drama and aggravation of my boss leaving and me not getting his spot....

There will still be a Childcare Director above me but his/her job will mainly focus on maintaining family programs and just the finance part of mine (taking/collecting payments). Everything else is mine.

My boss isn't totally leaving, but stepped down and moved to Programs part-time and is making amazing programs for families and finding ways to make my program even cooler. He seems a lot happier and alive now which makes me happy.

NOT ONLY THAT, but we will eventually be moving to the (soon to be empty) Pre-K room. The room is one long rectangle room broken into 3 parts by gates vs. my room which is just one big square. So more room and I'm already planning on how to use each "area". This will bump my allowed amount of kids from 20 max to 40 max. Which means I get to hire in 3 new people, making me the boss of 4 people (instead of just 1). My program will be HUGE! I already am at my max of 20 and a waiting list has begun. Eeeek!
Yay!! Such great news!
daycarediva 10:47 AM 08-10-2015

That's amazing! Congratulations!!!
DaveA 10:59 AM 08-10-2015

Congratulations!
Indianadaycare 11:24 AM 08-29-2015
I had a new mom come by today with her 8 week daughter for an introduction, and to bring over the items she'll need to leave at daycare. While there, she asked me if it would be okay if she took a picture of me holding her baby. I happily agreed and she took two nice pictures and shared them with me via phone. She commented that we would be a team and she so appreciated that I would take such good care of her baby. I was so touched! Never had a parent acknowledge the important role I play; usually they ignore that part.
Indianadaycare 11:25 AM 08-29-2015

Hey, that's wonderful! Congratulations!
BumbleBee 05:30 PM 09-01-2015
5.5 month old baby put himself to sleep with minimal fussing this morning for the first time.
Play Care 03:26 AM 09-02-2015

Way to go!!!!
Miss A 05:28 PM 09-14-2015
Quiet Monday, with sweet little girls that just love to play house and dress up. Such a calm day, we even had time to pick apples and enjoy it!
Tags:fun stuff, great news, happy, positive, tgif
First ... 4 12 13 14 15 16  ... Last
Reply Up