Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
1 2 3 4 5 13  ... Last
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The Positive Thread - What Happened That was GOOD Today?
MarinaVanessa 02:09 PM 08-05-2010
The pregnancy is doing great. I just had an ultrasound last week and the tech guessed my due date by the baby's measurements and was only 1 day off . So everything is going according to plan.

Also I was a little peeved for the last couple of weeks because I had found a great doctor at a clinic that had longer hours on Mondays so I was able to schedule my appointments after DC hours making it convenient for everyone but my doctor left and I don't like any of the others . They all seem like they're trying to rush me out the door. Also both times I had ultrasounds they got my order mixed up (I have to go to the county hospital for ultrasounds because I have county employee insurance and that's what they cover) and so each time I went for an ultrasound I waited past my appointment time waiting for them to fax a correct order (the first time I waited 45 minutes and the 2nd time I waited 1 hr, and 15 minutes JUST to have it faxed over), they didn't return my phone calls, they cancelled an appointment without calling me and lost my chart once. Needless to say I've spend the last 2 weeks looking for a new Dr. AND a new clinic. I had really wanted a certain Dr. that my fiance's parents had recommended (both nurses) but he wasn't taking new patients . I took my daughter to her Dr. and mentioned to him that I was looking and not having any luck. He told me that he was a personal friend of the Dr. that I wanted and said he'd make a call for me. I was hopefull and figured he'd have his office call me with news but right before we walked out he comes out and tells me that I am now a new patient of this Dr!! I was so excited. The Dr. I wanted is the Director of Obstetrics & Gynecology and he is now my Dr Whoo-whoo! (it's funny how it's the little things that make us excited when we're pregnant) lol.
Jenjo 07:29 AM 08-09-2010
I have the day off and I only have two weeks until school starts yay
DCMomOf3 11:18 AM 08-09-2010
I had last week off, which in itself was great. When I got my kids back today they giggled and ran for me.
Jenjo 11:22 AM 08-09-2010
Originally Posted by Quincy:
I had last week off, which in itself was great. When I got my kids back today they giggled and ran for me.
Oh that is so sweet that is what makes this job all worth it.
kidkair 04:30 PM 08-09-2010
I solved the problem of a two year old screaming/crying everytime we sat down to eat today! I thought I had tried everything by the end of the week last week and was at my wits end. The mother had no ideas all week and then on Friday it dawned on us that he started this behavior when a 9mo old started so maybe he felt abandoned by me. I put him to my right today and he was just fine.
DCMomOf3 10:27 AM 08-10-2010
It's my DS's 5 year b-day and all he wants is presents for his brothers. made me realize I'm doing a pretty good job with my kids. Or.... they are great despite me. :P Haha
MommyMuffin 11:44 AM 08-10-2010
Originally Posted by kidkair:
I solved the problem of a two year old screaming/crying everytime we sat down to eat today! I thought I had tried everything by the end of the week last week and was at my wits end. The mother had no ideas all week and then on Friday it dawned on us that he started this behavior when a 9mo old started so maybe he felt abandoned by me. I put him to my right today and he was just fine.
Aww that is so cute! It probably wasnt for you when he was crying though. But it just goes to prove that observation and communication with parents goes a long way!
misol 12:07 PM 08-10-2010
Originally Posted by Quincy:
It's my DS's 5 year b-day and all he wants is presents for his brothers. made me realize I'm doing a pretty good job with my kids. Or.... they are great despite me. :P Haha
Awww, this is great and so thoughtful of him.
MN Mom 06:04 PM 08-10-2010
I posted in the venting thread earlier today about my DC family's relatives arriving at 6am instead of 6:30 as planned.

Well my main family saw how exausted I was after two days and more children than I'm used to, and gave me quite a suprise today.

She picked my 4 kids up at 5:45pm, took them to a picnic for dinner, and called just a short while ago to ask if they could all sleep over with them and she would bring them with her own kids at 6:30am.

I'm in tears right now, it was such a kind thing of her to do. I really love my main family, even with the little bumps in the road. I will miss seeing them every day when she is finally done with her job. However, we have developed a good relationship and our kids adore eachother...so I'm sure there will be sleep overs and play dates etc so we can still maintain that relationship beyond Daycare.
jen 06:16 AM 08-11-2010
Originally Posted by MN Mom:
I posted in the venting thread earlier today about my DC family's relatives arriving at 6am instead of 6:30 as planned.

Well my main family saw how exausted I was after two days and more children than I'm used to, and gave me quite a suprise today.

She picked my 4 kids up at 5:45pm, took them to a picnic for dinner, and called just a short while ago to ask if they could all sleep over with them and she would bring them with her own kids at 6:30am.

I'm in tears right now, it was such a kind thing of her to do. I really love my main family, even with the little bumps in the road. I will miss seeing them every day when she is finally done with her job. However, we have developed a good relationship and our kids adore eachother...so I'm sure there will be sleep overs and play dates etc so we can still maintain that relationship beyond Daycare.
Awwww....that was nice!
Golden Rule 11:54 AM 08-11-2010
I have tears in my eyes, stilll......

I just had this conversation with my exiting 4 year old dcg...

She: " I am going to the Big Girls school tomorrow."
Me: " I know, you are such a big girl now, and are so ready!! Are you excited?"
She: " Yes.......but.."
Me: "But what, angel?"
She: "Will they like me?"
Me: "Of course they will like you! They are going to love you! You are the sweetest girl I have ever known..."
She: "..and thats alot of girls, too...." with a huge smile...
Me: "It sure is"
"She: "So after tomorrow you will just be my best friend?"

I just hugged her!!! How sweet is that??? She is now frosting a rice crispy treat and decorating it with sprinkes... Yep, she has me wrapped!!
misol 12:14 PM 08-11-2010
Originally Posted by Golden Rule:

Me: "Of course they will like you! They are going to love you! You are the sweetest girl I have ever known..."

I just hugged her!!! How sweet is that??? She is now frosting a rice crispy treat and decorating it with sprinkes... Yep, she has me wrapped!!
Awww, this gave me tears too!
Lilbutterflie 12:26 PM 08-11-2010

THIS is why we do this for a living! What a wonderful moment. Makes everything else worthwhile.
momma2girls 12:30 PM 08-11-2010

AWWW!!! this is so sweet!!
GretasLittleFriends 01:28 PM 08-11-2010
I hope my question isn't too sad for the positive thread, but this little girl's question made me wonder... How do you cope when a child grows up and no longer needs your care? I mean the ones who REALLY have your heart strings.
QualiTcare 09:05 PM 08-11-2010
when i got my first job at an elementary school - i cried my eyes out on the last day when i had to say goodbye. i had to take my sunglasses off my head and put them on my face - and i was INSIDE! i could barely breathe i was crying so hard. i shocked myself - cus i'm really not a crier. i REALLY didn't think i'd cry, and i cried all the way home.

it gets easier though. i will run into kids that i had 2-3 years ago and it's so sweet when they run up to me.

i think it does become part of the job. i love the kids and i know i'll miss them - but i can say goodbye without breaking down. i know i'll see them again. it's hard to explain.
Crystal 05:59 AM 08-12-2010
Originally Posted by GretasLittleFriends:
I hope my question isn't too sad for the positive thread, but this little girl's question made me wonder... How do you cope when a child grows up and no longer needs your care? I mean the ones who REALLY have your heart strings.
It's REALLY hard. I just had a boy leave this summer. He was with me for 11 years. We don't typically keep schoolagers, past kindergarten, but this child has certainly become part of our family. He and our youngest son are the same age and grew up together, and he has always been with us for our hiking/camping trips, as well as on many vacations, etc. We still see him, but it's not the same as having him here every day. He cried his eyes out on his last day, as did I. It's been a month, and I still cry!
tymaboy 07:06 AM 08-12-2010
Today is my Friday. DS & I have a date to go to the midnite viewing of the expendables. I'm looking forward to it.
GretasLittleFriends 12:28 PM 08-12-2010
Our older two children are with my parents, so was just me and our 3 month old this morning. The first dck got here at 1p. It was a wonderful QUIET morning.
DCMomOf3 12:38 PM 08-12-2010
My DH took my DSs so I just have my DCKs today. the 1yos are loving it.
Crystal 01:52 PM 08-12-2010
My daughter, 17, went to San Francisco with a friend today. Had a light work day, so hubby took my son and his friend to the lake for the day. It is nap time, quiet with 7 kids instead of the usual 14 and I don't have to cook tonight, because I will be at a Mentor Teacher meeting at the college, which I always look forward to! Good day!
DCMom 12:24 PM 08-13-2010
Wow, half my kids are picked up already! I only have 6 left and those three families are the early pick up families~they will be gone by 4:30 at the latest.

Off early on a Friday. Gotta love it

Have a great weekend
Abigail 09:26 PM 08-14-2010
This is actually the first time I've opened "The Positive Thread" LOL.

I wanted to share that this week I work noon-4 pm at our daycare center and Thursday went terrible, so Friday my goal was to have a happy day. It did help that we celebrated a girls 3rd birthday and they had watched Happy Feet (or at least the end of it, when I got there) and after nap time...which was actually quiet for an hour and a half (vs. Thursday was 15 minutes of quiet!!!) we had cupcakes.

One thing we had to do was wash hands over and over since we had cupcakes after nap. Mostly 3-5 year olds and none really wash their hands well. So, I started helping each one wash their hands and starting singing what we were doing to catch their interest.

"First we wet our hands with water, then we make bubbles with soap"....I always turn down the hot water as every child turns it on full blast no matter what age and turn up the cold water, then I help them reach the soap dispenser on the wall and rub their hands together NOT UNDER THE WATER. WHY?--Every child I've seen 'use' soap puts it on one hand, under the water it goes and right down the drain, so I tell them we make bubbles and then they keep their hands out of the water so they can lather.

"The bubbles catch the germs, then we wash them away....Bye Bye Germs!" and "Now we dry our hands with a paper towel".
I had two good moments with this song...or something very similar. First, once this 3 year old girl had made 'bubbles' on her hands I said, "Do you see that?" sounding really excited......pointing to a large bubble on the palm of her hand. Then I said, "That bubble just ate a germ!" She smiled and giggled. Second, she walked out of the bathroom rubbing her hands saying to herself "Bye Bye Germs"....it sooo made my day!!!!

I guess my song doesn't really have a tune to it because I have a few extra seconds of gap between singing what we are doing. I tried singing Twinkle twinkle little star with a few of the kids before and they just were not making the connection with the time spent washing their hands. It's also much easier to ask them to "make bubbles" than "use soap".
MarinaVanessa 12:27 PM 08-16-2010
Potty training a 4yo DCB and all last week was a failure. He flat out refused to use the toilet or potty at all. This morning I was coming out of the bathroom and he asked me what I was doing. I noticed he was playing with the dinosaurs and remembered he loves dinos so I told him I was feeding the dinosaurs in my basement (we don't have a basement). He looked at me with wide-eyed wonder and asked me "You have dinosaurs in your basement?" and I told him "Sure, don't you have some too?" he said he didn't think so and asked me how to feed the dinosaurs where I went into a very creative description about how you sit on the potty and flush the poo-poo and the pee-pee into the basement where the dinosaurs can eat it . He has so far asked to "feed the dinosaurs" three times. Now all I have to do is explain to his mom about how he "fed the dinosaurs" today, I hope she appreciates the use of my creative story as much as I do.
DCMom 03:44 PM 08-16-2010
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
Potty training a 4yo DCB and all last week was a failure. He flat out refused to use the toilet or potty at all. This morning I was coming out of the bathroom and he asked me what I was doing. I noticed he was playing with the dinosaurs and remembered he loves dinos so I told him I was feeding the dinosaurs in my basement (we don't have a basement). He looked at me with wide-eyed wonder and asked me "You have dinosaurs in your basement?" and I told him "Sure, don't you have some too?" he said he didn't think so and asked me how to feed the dinosaurs where I went into a very creative description about how you sit on the potty and flush the poo-poo and the pee-pee into the basement where the dinosaurs can eat it . He has so far asked to "feed the dinosaurs" three times. Now all I have to do is explain to his mom about how he "fed the dinosaurs" today, I hope she appreciates the use of my creative story as much as I do.
Good Job!! I love it
ninosqueridos 06:48 PM 08-16-2010
With my "off-schedule" dcks not here today, we got to take a nice stroller walk around the neighborhood.....never seen the kids so excited to see squirrels and stop signs!
misol 11:02 AM 08-17-2010
Hey, whatever works If this kid is already 4 then you have to pull out all the stops. Awesome job!
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 11:12 AM 08-17-2010
rofl!!!!! now that is creative and wonderful!
Jenjo 11:57 AM 08-17-2010
School starts on Monday, I have almost made it!
MarinaVanessa 01:39 PM 08-17-2010
I got a call yesterday from a young mom with 1 yo that needs daycare in September. She sounded great on the phone so we set up an appointment for today in the morning and she was here 15 minutes early! Wow, first time that's happened EVER! They're usually late or right on time. Her son is sweet if a little shy but he got along with the other 1yo dcb I have so that was a good sign.

Everything went well and I liked her and it seemed that she liked me so I gave her a copy of my handbook to read and look over. I didn't want to rush anything and I always want my parents to understand EVERYTHING before they sign up and I let her know that until she signs a contract that the spot for an infant is open (the only spot I have available for an infant since my baby is due in November). She called a few minutes ago and said she'd be by in the morning to sign a contract and leave her deposit and the $100 holding fee since she won't be starting for almost a month. Initially I was worried because she had mentioned that she had applied for subsidy and we all know how that is when they havn't already been approved but she said she'd pay everything out of her own pocket until she finds out whether or not she qualified and if she didn't qualify then she'd just keep paying everything herself. I was impressed. She was young (19) and seemed to make sure her son was behaving and asked a lot of questions about our routine and activities. It was a relief to see such a young mom really have it together.

Now I just have to keep my fingers crossed that she'll come by to sign the contract and bring all of the money. Experience has taught me to be cynical lol.
mncare 11:37 AM 08-18-2010
My toddler is actually napping! I had to put a positive since I just put two negatives.
MommyD 11:10 AM 08-19-2010
My first post here..

I have been doing my in-home child care for 8 months now. I have been down on myself for not doing as great as I hoped I would be.

Today I made a decision...I am going to step it up! We had a great morning filled with lots of hugs and laughter and then I took the 3 toddlers on a walk where they all held hands super well and helped look for cars when crossing the street. We even got to stop and listen to a squirrel chattering in the tree and we all made the sound too! We worked on lots of language while we walked and I really enjoyed using the teachable moments on our walk.

As for stepping it up with "curriculum" for my infant/toddlers, I discovered Funshine's Buttercups from this forum and ordered now during nap time! I am so excited to get that started soon!

It has been a great day!
Jenjo 03:21 PM 08-19-2010
School starts Monday
elle73 07:43 AM 08-20-2010
Today has been a great day, I only have one child today plus my son, went to the park, went for a nice walk and she is getting picked up at 11:30am so I am done early for the weekend!!!
SunflowerMama 11:15 AM 08-20-2010
I got two new dcks this week (13 month old girl and 20 month old boy). They have been so amazing all week and both have gone right to sleep at naptime at 12:30p and I've had to wake both up for pick up at 3:30p/4 every day this week . All the dcks and my own 2 have all slept 3+ hrs every day this week. I'm sure next week will be different but this has been a great week!!

Yeah for great sleepers and have a wonderful Friday!!
fr1endly2 08:59 AM 08-26-2010
I found this site!!!!!!
Michael 11:11 AM 08-26-2010
Originally Posted by fr1endly2:
I found this site!!!!!!
Welcome.....we're glad you found us too!
DCMomOf3 11:37 AM 08-26-2010
I have a newly pg DCM so if all goes well I'll have a new baby next spring/summer! I'm not allowed to talk about it in real life yet since it's the first tri, but I had to get it out somewhere.
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 03:30 PM 08-26-2010
YIPPEEEE on the new baby!!!!!!! I have 3 pregnant moms right now! I love it,.. I feel so much a part of the new baby's life when I get to be part of the pregnancy.
DanceMom 04:42 AM 08-27-2010
Rented a bouncy house for the kids today - they are going to have sooo much fun and jump until the are so exhausted that they pass out within seconds at nap time !!

AND its FRIDAY - what more could be better than that !
MarinaVanessa 07:12 AM 08-27-2010
It's Friday!!

After a "hicup" with a used crib that my fiance's boss gave us then had to ask for it back were getting the new crib delivered today. His boss and bosses sister both paid for a crib which she used for her baby then gave to boss to use for his baby and it had been sitting in storage for a few years. My fiance's boss gave us their old changing table (nice expensive kind made of real solid wood) and the crib to use for our baby and we had already set it up in the nursery. His sister apparently threw a fit. Boss tells his sister it's for us and she says that in that case we can use it but wants it back when we are finished with it. We were totally ok with it. A day later she writes an e-mail saying that Boss "stole" the crib from her and that she wants a reply back by e-mail or she would take legal action and make sure he is punished . Boss calls my fiance and is embarrased and asked for the crib back. Of course we gave it back immediately and he was so embarrased and angry that he bought us a brand new beautiful espresso Da Vinci crib! When she realized that Boss came to get it and we unassembled it and were sending it back making her look like the bad guy, her attitude changed and she went back to saying that we could use the crib until we were done with it . We told her we were done with it. And the new crib is gorgeous!

Every Friday is a short day for Kindergarteners so my DD will be out at 11:30 and we get to have some extra time together today before she goes to her dads this weekend. I miss her while she's gone at school .

DD dad called and because of his schedule she'll be back a day early on Sunday at 6pm since he can't drop her off at school Monday morning (she's usually gone every other weekend from Friday 6pm to Monday 6pm) and that's how it's going to be during the time that she's in school!

I just found out that both of my families that I regularly care for are going to be gone the holiday weekend and the week following. They have both already used up their vacation times so they are both paying for the full week that they are both gone. This makes for a very easy and very short week for me!

All in all, a great end to an eventfull week!
ninosqueridos 10:58 AM 08-27-2010
Changing my 2 year old dcg's naptime means I now get to eat a HOT LUNCH!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!
Brookers 01:36 PM 08-27-2010
MY SIS IN LAW IS PREGNANT!! Im going to be an AUNT! YAY!!! They are keeping it a secret for a few more weeks and I just couldnt hold out and this is a safe place to shout it to the world! AND IT'S FRIDAY!!!
Ohh and this is my first post here. Ive been following posts for a few weeks now and just had to share my positive day as my very first post. Im Brooke, I live in Idaho and own a in home daycare. God is good!

Brooke

Michael 01:39 PM 08-27-2010
Originally Posted by Brookers:
MY SIS IN LAW IS PREGNANT!! Im going to be an AUNT! YAY!!! They are keeping it a secret for a few more weeks and I just couldnt hold out and this is a safe place to shout it to the world! AND IT'S FRIDAY!!!
Ohh and this is my first post here. Ive been following posts for a few weeks now and just had to share my positive day as my very first post. Im Brooke, I live in Idaho and own a in home daycare. God is good!

Brooke
Congratulations and nice to have you as a member here at the Daycare.com Forum!
Brookers 02:00 PM 08-27-2010
Originally Posted by Michael:
Congratulations and nice to have you as a member here at the Daycare.com Forum!
Why thank you!! Ive been waiting a long time to be an Aunt, Im an only child and married a man with only brothers.....no naturally it took a little longer. We were married 3 yrs with 1 baby already when the two other brothers finally got married. And now 2 years later I am becoming an AUNT! Finally! Im just so excited. I have friends who call me Aunt to their babies but its not the same...I think. I love them, but its just not the same. YAY!! COME ON MAY! They are keeping it secret so I just might come one here everyday and shout it out. LOL Ok not really.
Lilbutterflie 02:12 PM 08-27-2010
Originally Posted by Brookers:

Brooke
Congrats! Being an aunt is truly amazing, I too am an only child & couldn't wait to be an aunt! I love them as much as my own kids. (o:
Love your positivity! Welcome Brooke!
Unregistered 05:01 AM 08-28-2010
I am a teacher, so I go back to work next week. I found a day-care that I am very excited about. The kids went one day last week and loved it. They had no crying or anxiety at all. This is worth a million dollars to me. Then I got papers with the activities they did. They did finger plays, sensory activities, outside "playground", and more! I am so happy to have them in a good spot.

Other than that I could write a book about funny things they say and do. My daughter told me her name is "Cutie Putie Pie" not ------. Good Stuff.

Have a great week everyone! Keep up the positive thinking!

http://www.PlayisEssential.net
DCMomOf3 05:17 AM 08-30-2010
My dishwasher was leaving a bunch of residue all over my dishes and I was able to fix it all by myself! Sparkley clean dishes were waiting for me this morning.
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 06:44 PM 08-31-2010
This is a praise,.. and a vent in the same breath,... not daycare,...
but,...
my son leaves for college in the morning! Ahhhhhh when did he grow up?
Michael 01:35 AM 09-01-2010
My son just turned 18 too. I agree, when does the time go?
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 08:51 AM 09-01-2010
Bub will be 19 in nov! and,.. in true Mom fashion,.. we had spaghetti for dinner last night,...the same meal I had the night before he came into my life before he was born,... I thought it fitting,.. seeing how he is moving on to another home( dorm life) and new adventures outside his family.
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 08:54 AM 09-01-2010
I also have to add that I am totally waiting to see how he is thru skype! lol
SilverSabre25 10:23 AM 09-01-2010
I figured out the secret to 16 mo. DCB's naps! Only ten minutes yesterday and 15 today to get him to sleep, and I didn't have to go back in and lay him down at all! BONUS: He actually ate some food today!
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 10:43 AM 09-01-2010
Yeah on figuring out the naps! I swear that is the hardest part of our job,.. getting everyone on schedule!
TGT09 02:21 PM 09-01-2010
Took DCB's to the park today and met a nice Grandpa there with his grand-daughter....happened to mention I do daycare and he immediately asked my prices and was like you'll be hearing from me. My daughter just started a new job and I've been told I'm the "daycare provider". lol He said it's just too much for him and was very pleased with my rates! Yippee! Plus, toddler dcb looooved the little girl.
DCMomOf3 03:16 PM 09-01-2010
Originally Posted by TGT09:
Took DCB's to the park today and met a nice Grandpa there with his grand-daughter....happened to mention I do daycare and he immediately asked my prices and was like you'll be hearing from me. My daughter just started a new job and I've been told I'm the "daycare provider". lol He said it's just too much for him and was very pleased with my rates! Yippee! Plus, toddler dcb looooved the little girl.
I hope it works out for you! Yippee indeed!!
Lilbutterflie 09:45 AM 09-02-2010
I feel vindicated today!!! I started watching a 2mo old baby (now he's 5 mo) full time- then I told the mom it would not work out full time b/c of issues I had with her. Now I am just a backup provider. She has questioned EVERY policy in my contract; and I have a very standard contract. She even called me one day out of the blue & wanted to make sure I would never forget her son in the hot car. Basically she wanted to control everything and was never happy. She was expecting a nanny more than a daycare provider. Well, she has been gloating that her son will finally have a daycare center near her work & saying how excited she is for him to begin. I felt like she was basically telling me my service was inadequate and the new service would be better. Well, today was her son's first day at this daycare center, and she is already very unhappy! "All the babies were crying... thank GOD my son was not one of them... he came after breakfast time & they refused to feed him his oatmeal..." I feel so vindicated! Finally she realizes that it's NOT just me... that you have to give up some control when you bring your child to daycare, and follow their rules & schedules, not your own. Now she's looking for an in-home nanny, which is good b/c that's exactly what she needs.
MarinaVanessa 10:00 AM 09-02-2010
Originally Posted by Lilbutterflie:
I feel vindicated today!!! I started watching a 2mo old baby (now he's 5 mo) full time- then I told the mom it would not work out full time b/c of issues I had with her. Now I am just a backup provider. She has questioned EVERY policy in my contract; and I have a very standard contract. She even called me one day out of the blue & wanted to make sure I would never forget her son in the hot car. Basically she wanted to control everything and was never happy. She was expecting a nanny more than a daycare provider. Well, she has been gloating that her son will finally have a daycare center near her work & saying how excited she is for him to begin. I felt like she was basically telling me my service was inadequate and the new service would be better. Well, today was her son's first day at this daycare center, and she is already very unhappy! "All the babies were crying... thank GOD my son was not one of them... he came after breakfast time & they refused to feed him his oatmeal..." I feel so vindicated! Finally she realizes that it's NOT just me... that you have to give up some control when you bring your child to daycare, and follow their rules & schedules, not your own. Now she's looking for an in-home nanny, which is good b/c that's exactly what she needs.
Good for you!! It'll be a wake up call for her and maybe now she'll appreciate you all the more and not take you for granted!! I love happy endings!
Jenjo 11:42 AM 09-02-2010
All 6 kids are asleep and it did not even take one hour.
tymaboy 06:45 AM 09-03-2010
It Friday!! & I'm going camping this weekend!
MarinaVanessa 08:59 AM 09-03-2010
Yay! It's Friday and none of my PT's are coming today because of the holiday weekend. My only FT DC kid is being picked up early today and going on vacation starting tomorrow and on to next week so I'll only have my PT's next week so it should be easy breezy. This means that I have plenty of time to pack up my daughters things and move them out so my fiance can paint the kids room this weekend and lots of time during the week to actually go through the toys and junk and get rid of what she has overgrown. Sooo looking forward to an easy week.
melskids 09:19 AM 09-03-2010
today is the LAST DAY of summer vacation YEEESSSS!!!!!!!!!!! yeah yeah oh yeah yippeee skippy doodle uh huh oh yeah go me (i'm doing the no more school agers dance as i write this)

3 day weekend here i come.... and back to school tuesday for all my *ahem* wonderful school agers
mncare 11:56 AM 09-03-2010
Originally Posted by melskids:
today is the LAST DAY of summer vacation YEEESSSS!!!!!!!!!!! yeah yeah oh yeah yippeee skippy doodle uh huh oh yeah go me (i'm doing the no more school agers dance as i write this)

3 day weekend here i come.... and back to school tuesday for all my *ahem* wonderful school agers
I was going to post the same thing!! I love em, but it is time for them to go back to school. My own especially!!

Now I have nine months of 3 to 5 kid days!!!!!!
caitlin 08:14 PM 09-04-2010
Today is Labor Day Picnic Eve and that means I have only 16 hours until I can get my hands on a slice of my aunt's lemon cookie trifle. Om nom nom.
seashell 05:08 AM 09-10-2010
My three year old twins BOTH write their names for the first time today without any help! I'm a proud daycare mama!
TGT09 06:05 AM 09-10-2010
It's FRIDAY! There are so many awesome festivals this weekend and I can't wait to go!
DCMomOf3 06:06 AM 09-10-2010
My first week of Buttercups has been a sucess! The toddlers paid more attention than I thought they would. The theme was/is babies (and forests). They are now randomly feeding the baby dolls, rocking them and trying to sing rock-a-bye baby. They would play with the dolls, but never to the extent of actually trying to take care of them. They can't get enough of the small crafts either, they cry when I have to take the paint away so I now have crayons and color sheets ready to trade so I can at least let the paint dry.
MarinaVanessa 09:22 AM 09-10-2010
Our power was shut off yesterday in our entire neighborhood so I had to call everyone to be picked up plus my daughter had a staff inservice day so we had a mommy and me day out of the house. This should have been posted yesterday but seeing as to how ther was no power and therefore no internet I couldnt lol.
momofsix 09:31 AM 09-10-2010
Only 3 kids today, and NONE of them are in diapers
What a great Friday!
momma2girls 09:54 AM 09-10-2010
Our power was shut off yesterday in our entire neighborhood so I had to call everyone to be picked up plus my daughter had a staff inservice day so we had a mommy and me day out of the house. This should have been posted yesterday but seeing as to how ther was no power and therefore no internet I couldnt lol.
Last year we had an ice storm, and there was only a 3 yr. neighbor girl scheduled to come- she was supposed to be here at 8:00am, her Mom calls here around 10:00, snd said she is still coming- I told her"do you realize how icy it is out, it had been icing for about 2 1/2 hrs. now- she said yes, it is the same here, I said well no it's not, you have to get out of your van here in my driveway and out and walk up my sidewalk!! I had to go outside and ice all my driveway and sidewalk, just for her- I fell twice- hurt my neck and back- went to a Chiro over it!! Then the best part of it all, her Dad was laid off and sitting at home. After 3 hrs. of the power being off, and getting a bit chilly in here, I called him, and said"oh, you're at home" he hesitated to answer me at first- I thought duh I called your home phone!! I told him that I might not stay open much longer, because it is getting chilly in here, even with my FP going. It finally came back on 5 hrs. later- Needless to say she was here the entire time- I was so mad!!! I added this in my contract right away about power outages!!!
SilverSabre25 02:18 PM 09-10-2010
DCG burst into tears when she saw her dad walk in--she was having too much fun and didn't want to leave! The best compliment I could get from a kid, I think.
GretasLittleFriends 05:56 AM 09-12-2010
My new dck (7yr old problem child) was so good yesterday. He didn't even end up in time out once!! I think he's finally figured out I mean business and I'm not going to bend.
MarinaVanessa 09:56 AM 09-13-2010
Originally Posted by Iowa daycare:
Last year we had an ice storm, and there was only a 3 yr. neighbor girl scheduled to come- she was supposed to be here at 8:00am, her Mom calls here around 10:00, snd said she is still coming- I told her"do you realize how icy it is out, it had been icing for about 2 1/2 hrs. now- she said yes, it is the same here, I said well no it's not, you have to get out of your van here in my driveway and out and walk up my sidewalk!! I had to go outside and ice all my driveway and sidewalk, just for her- I fell twice- hurt my neck and back- went to a Chiro over it!! Then the best part of it all, her Dad was laid off and sitting at home. After 3 hrs. of the power being off, and getting a bit chilly in here, I called him, and said"oh, you're at home" he hesitated to answer me at first- I thought duh I called your home phone!! I told him that I might not stay open much longer, because it is getting chilly in here, even with my FP going. It finally came back on 5 hrs. later- Needless to say she was here the entire time- I was so mad!!! I added this in my contract right away about power outages!!!
Wow, that's horrible. Dad at home and kid taken to daycare while icy out AND with the power out? Not good, especially when it's cold. Thank goodness for me that licensing takes care of that for me and we aren't able to keep kids here if the utilities are out for longer than 1 hour. That includes power, water or heat. This was a planned outage to replace power lines and I got the notice on Tuesday for Thursday so I told everyone on Wednesday morning that I'd have to be closed Thursday. Not too much notice I know but what can I do? And yep I already have it in my policies.
momma2girls 12:10 PM 09-13-2010
Wow, that's horrible. Dad at home and kid taken to daycare while icy out AND with the power out? Not good, especially when it's cold. Thank goodness for me that licensing takes care of that for me and we aren't able to keep kids here if the utilities are out for longer than 1 hour. That includes power, water or heat. This was a planned outage to replace power lines and I got the notice on Tuesday for Thursday so I told everyone on Wednesday morning that I'd have to be closed Thursday. Not too much notice I know but what can I do? And yep I already have it in my policies.
Yes, isn't it pathetic!! All because they had already paid for that day!! What some parents do-
TGT09 04:45 AM 09-15-2010
WAHOO! Crying boy didn't cry at drop off today! YAY!
AfterSchoolMom 04:55 AM 09-15-2010
Week two of back to school is underway, and my group is GREAT this year! Everyone follows the schedule, they remind one another of the rules, and they all go home before 5pm. My own kids have really great teachers this year, and so far are doing really well in school. I am LOVING September!
momofsix 11:05 AM 09-15-2010
I decided that with the "back to school" changes going on it would be a good time to transfer my 3 22 month olds out of pack-n-plays. It's only the middle of week two, and they are doing GREAT!
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 11:10 AM 09-15-2010
so great Mom of six!!! I love when I get one transitioned to the main nap area! I only have two in packs now, a 5 mo and a 1 yr ,.. but Ill be working on the one yr in the next few weeks.
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 11:14 AM 09-15-2010
I had my CDA eval today,.. she was here at 730 am and left giving me a positive impression around 11. Said everything looked great and that She would return the sealed forms to me next week and told me the next steps to take. Im so happy!!! 2 yrs of classes, and now its just dotting i's and crossing t''s and Im almost there. I still have to have my formal interview from the dc representative,... but Im well on my way!
momofsix 11:22 AM 09-15-2010
Congrats laundryduchess!
DCMomOf3 12:27 PM 09-15-2010
Originally Posted by laundryduchess@yahoo.com:
I had my CDA eval today,.. she was here at 730 am and left giving me a positive impression around 11. Said everything looked great and that She would return the sealed forms to me next week and told me the next steps to take. Im so happy!!! 2 yrs of classes, and now its just dotting i's and crossing t''s and Im almost there. I still have to have my formal interview from the dc representative,... but Im well on my way!
Great news!!!! Congrats!
kidkair 05:52 AM 09-16-2010
I felt a little guilty for taking vacation this month because I had a new client and didn't want to surprise them with a vacation so soon after they started. I did it anyway and the new client and two other families have thanked me because it has worked out for the best for them and events in their lives. Good timing!
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 10:55 AM 09-17-2010
Can I get a huge YIPPEE on it being Friday!?!?!?

This has been personally a particularily stressfull week. I am steps away from accreditation and 5 of my big deadlines were this week. I have a 3 1/2 yr boy who is getting a new sister this weekend (probably) and he has been,.... well,.. wed he wasnt here but took grandpa to the airport instead, grandpa sent his son and grandson home and waited for the plane alone because grandson was acting so bad in the terminal. That has been my week, with two seperate observers in here on seperate days assessing my program. ugh, lol.

Great news is monday Hubby and I will celebrate 13 years together. =-) still on our honeymoon!
kidkair 12:01 PM 09-17-2010
Good things today: potty training success! good napping! and I'm on vacation for a week in 3 and a half hours!
missnikki 02:31 PM 09-17-2010
Wish me luck tomorrow- Going to be in the audience of Let's Make a Deal!!! Hope I win a new car or a trip to Italy......
Michael 02:33 PM 09-17-2010
I hope you take some pictures and post them here. Good Luck!
momofsix 04:10 PM 09-17-2010
Wow missnikki--have fun!
missnikki 04:35 PM 09-17-2010
Thank you! I'll update on Monday.
DCMomOf3 04:54 PM 09-17-2010
My work week is over. haha
missnikki 09:17 AM 09-19-2010
No luck on Let's Make a Deal. We were seated next to a bunch of people that didn't wear costumes so we never were picked... oh well. It was fun!
SilverSabre25 08:13 AM 09-20-2010
An old family who used me for a couple months back in the Spring called me this morning and asked if I could watch their little boy for a few hours today. They said they'd pay me for the whole day, especially since it's short notice. I was more than happy to do this for them--their little boy is very sweet and I've been using them as a reference this whole time. They have always been one of my nicest families. So this is nice, even though their son is VERY unhappy about being here and has been crying almost nonstop since he got here an hour ago. It's a bonus $30 and a chance to do something nice for someone in desperate straits!
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 10:14 AM 09-22-2010
my woot highchairs came fed ex today!!!! took me 30 minutes to get the first one together with no power tools (its naptime, lol) . I got 3 kolcraft recline and dine highchairs for $68 including shipping a couple weeks ago. They came today. Yippee!!!! They all match and I get to get rid of my old graco one that lost its seat pad years ago, and the antique one my dad gave me when I had my daughter will go to storage so as not to be broken by day kids. Plus they recline so my infant will be able to use one as well!!!
misol 10:39 AM 09-22-2010
Originally Posted by laundryduchess@yahoo.com:
my woot highchairs came fed ex today!!!! took me 30 minutes to get the first one together with no power tools (its naptime, lol) . I got 3 kolcraft recline and dine highchairs for $68 including shipping a couple weeks ago. They came today. Yippee!!!! They all match and I get to get rid of my old graco one that lost its seat pad years ago, and the antique one my dad gave me when I had my daughter will go to storage so as not to be broken by day kids. Plus they recline so my infant will be able to use one as well!!!
Wow, that's a great price. I heard someone on here mention woot a few months ago. I just signed up and now I can hardly wait to see what tomorrow's item is. I L-O-V-E- a deal. My sister told me about groupon.com and I have been using that for a while now. Seems like it's very similar to woot except it's for services (local) rather than products. Actually, advertising on groupon may be the way to go for large centers. OK, I'm starting to sound like I work for them so... I'm done
MommyMuffin 07:18 AM 09-23-2010
Originally Posted by DCMom:
Friday was the last day for one of my favorite, long time families (8 years). Long story short, they decided to pull the girls (5 & 8) out of dc for the summer and hired a high school girl. I was very sad and hurt at first, but they were going to leave in the fall anyway because of school so I just looked at it as leaving early. Why am I posting in the 'positive' thread?

Dcm called this morning just to tell me that she missed me already because she had went home at lunch time (today was the first day with the new arrangement) and her house was a complete and total disaster~she said she wasn't sure if this was a good decision or not! She was completely serious, LOL

Then she asked if I had read the card she had given me on Friday; embarrassed I said no (I hadn't opened it because I was too sad to read it), so I grabbed it as I was talking to her and opened it...what falls out? A large bonus check! I was speechless. I had been talking about a fountain for the back yard and she told me to use the check to buy it~and think of her girls when I look at it. Isn't that sweet?

If every family appreciated us like that, we wouldn't need venting threads. Honestly.
That is so sweet I have tears in my eyes. You must be one of those providers that just go above and beyond to make children and parents feel good. Congrats!! You should post a pic of the fountain.
TGT09 11:13 AM 09-23-2010
6 mo dcb has been boycotting naps all week for me, dcm and grandma (who watches him a few days too). Today, he took a short morning nap so I thought it was to continue. However, he has just woken up from a 3.5 hour nap and is babbling, not fussing.
SilverSabre25 01:08 PM 09-27-2010
Our curriculum arrived this morning! I'm excited to start implementing it next week! We're going to use Funshine Buttercups and it looks like it will be a lot of fun for the kids, who range in age from 11 months to almost 3 years.
MarinaVanessa 06:46 PM 09-27-2010
Yay I'm so excited. I qualified for the ECE Stipend Project which is an opportunity to take college courses in the Child Development field and get money back, so in essence my classes get paid for (I pay for them and get a stipend afterwards). I've been taking self-instruction courses from care courses to put toward my CDA credits but I have been looking at taking college courses also in the Spring and this makes my day! The only thing is that if lots of people apply for it and qualify then it turns into a drawing so wish me luck!!
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 03:07 AM 09-28-2010
SOOOOO HAPPY for you!!!! WOO HOO!!
misol 08:03 PM 09-28-2010
Yay I'm so excited. I qualified for the ECE Stipend Project which is an opportunity to take college courses in the Child Development field and get money back, so in essence my classes get paid for (I pay for them and get a stipend afterwards). I've been taking self-instruction courses from care courses to put toward my CDA credits but I have been looking at taking college courses also in the Spring and this makes my day! The only thing is that if lots of people apply for it and qualify then it turns into a drawing so wish me luck!!
Great news! Hopefully you will just get it and won"t have to deal with the drawing!
MarinaVanessa 12:07 PM 09-29-2010
Originally Posted by misol:
Great news! Hopefully you will just get it and won"t have to deal with the drawing!
Yep that's what I'm hoping will happen also. This would help out a lot. I was already planning to sign up for spring at our community college (maybe some internet classes) and pay for them myself so if I get it, it would be amazing. Each class I want will cost little anyway $78 plus the cost of books (which is way more than the cost of the class lol) and they give $600 just for taking 3 units! That would cover 2 more classes AND books in the spring! Sounds good to me .
Tags:fun stuff, great news, happy, positive, tgif
1 2 3 4 5 13  ... Last
Reply Up