Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 4 5 6 7 8 16  ... Last
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The Positive Thread - What Happened That was GOOD Today?
misol 10:18 PM 12-10-2010
Done with potty training 27 month old dd. I've always heard that girls were easier to train than boys but that was not quite true for us. DS was trained at 22 months and it was a piece of cake. She took a little more work.

Holiday party for DH's company is tomorrow night. It's a formal and I can't even remember the last time I got to get all dressed up. I can't wait for our date
MarinaVanessa 07:00 AM 12-13-2010
The interview that I held on Friday for the 3yo and 18 mo part-time siblings went well and they started this morning. Originally they were going to be extremely PT and come 2-3 times a week but she called me this weekend because she was asked to work more hours. It's still PT but at least now it's Monday through Friday 6:30am to 12:30am. These kiddos are only temporary until March but at least I know this ahead of time and can start advertising again at the end of February.

So far so good. They've transitioned well with no tears and they both mind well and say they are having fun which is great. All of the money from this family is going into my "new van" fund. I don't have a car big enough to transport all of the kids around and so I want to buy a Sienna in the summer and the extra income will make for a great down payment. Whoo whoo! I'm full again! ... even if it's temporary.
momofboys 07:20 AM 12-13-2010
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
The interview that I held on Friday for the 3yo and 18 mo part-time siblings went well and they started this morning. Originally they were going to be extremely PT and come 2-3 times a week but she called me this weekend because she was asked to work more hours. It's still PT but at least now it's Monday through Friday 6:30am to 12:30am. These kiddos are only temporary until March but at least I know this ahead of time and can start advertising again at the end of February.

So far so good. They've transitioned well with no tears and they both mind well and say they are having fun which is great. All of the money from this family is going into my "new van" fund. I don't have a car big enough to transport all of the kids around and so I want to buy a Sienna in the summer and the extra income will make for a great down payment. Whoo whoo! I'm full again! ... even if it's temporary.
Awesome!!!
SilverSabre25 04:49 AM 12-15-2010
I started Holiday baking last night. Who says that Magic Bars (aka 7-Layer bars) aren't a perfectly reasonable breakfast? They've got milk, nuts, coconut...
Luna 08:36 AM 12-15-2010
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
I started Holiday baking last night. Who says that Magic Bars (aka 7-Layer bars) aren't a perfectly reasonable breakfast? They've got milk, nuts, coconut...
Yep, all the major food groups
MommyMuffin 10:00 AM 12-15-2010
After 2 bad weeks...(nausea, crabby, depressed..pregnant..lol..frustrated with daycare) WELL today has been splendid!!!! Good day good day!!

Kids are playing nicely...hubby picked up my nausea meds....I cleaned up the bathroom...getting more energy (those of u who did not have preggo symptoms are darn lucky)....I am listening to old classic country....starting to feel more like myself!!

E Daycare 02:42 PM 12-15-2010
DCM called me pretty early in the day to let me know she wasnt bringing in dcg today. I was happy as it meant it would just be me and my son and he took a 3hr nap! Woohoo to days like this
laundrymom 05:16 PM 12-15-2010
My son transferred to our local college. He moved home tonight. I've missed him
E Daycare 08:56 AM 12-16-2010
SNOW DAY for me! Even though my son woke up at 6 am completley covered in runny poo and needed a morning bath I only have him today (again). So we have enjoyed the snow day by catching up on housework and staying hydrated. Im glad for the snow as its kept any other children from coming and maybe getting what my poor son has. This is day two but when hes not feeling good I get a lot more snuggles
AfterSchoolMom 12:05 PM 12-16-2010
Snow day for me as well! No DCK's today. I've baked, cooked, and done some laundry...but I've done a LOT of sitting on my behind as well.

If school is cancelled tomorrow, I'll officially be on break until January 3rd!!!
laundrymom 10:24 AM 12-17-2010
positive thing today,... I have breastmilk in the fridge!!!!!

Mom brought 4 this morning, and then at lunch brought 4 more!!!

yeah!! plus, I got paid in full EARLY today for my troubled mom,..

Plus I have a light load today, already one went home, only 5 left with 4 families, I know one will be gone by 315 and then its EASY !!! whoo hooo!

My girls are going with MIL tonight for an overnight, so I think,.. its date night friends!!!

Christmas shopping with the most handsome man I know, possibly stopping for dessert somewhere. Then home to wrap presents and enjoy quiet.

(of course I will bet our home will be invaded with college kids wanting to get pizza and play xbox,...lol)
dEHmom 10:28 AM 12-17-2010
Positive- IT'S FRIDAY

Positive- Very first daycare kids I've ever had popped in today to say "Hi" and give me a hug

Positive- IT'S FRIDAY

Positive- Day off today (NO EXTRA KIDS)

Positive- IT'S FRIDAY
kidkair 04:01 PM 12-17-2010
Originally Posted by Baybee0585:
Positive- IT'S FRIDAY

Positive- Only one kid today.

Positive- IT'S FRIDAY

Positive- She's my best behaved kid.

Positive- IT'S FRIDAY
The green is my changes.
SilverSabre25 07:00 PM 12-19-2010
After spending the better part of 17 weeks staunchly avoiding anything that remotely resembles "vegetable" I'm finding myself craving carrots, celery, and dip. Other veggies, too, but those are what we have on hand!
kidkair 01:19 PM 12-20-2010
2 kids! Both taking an increadibly long nap!
E Daycare 04:51 PM 12-20-2010
Originally Posted by kidkair:
2 kids! Both taking an increadibly long nap!
Same here! That was so nice. Ahhhh
laundrymom 06:24 AM 12-21-2010
Babies are napping and my 12 & 9 year olds are playdoughing with the toddlers and preschoolers I am supervising lol. Listening to Christmas music and enjoying the day. I love my job!!!!!!
Luna 10:50 AM 12-21-2010
Everyone is napping after playing outside all morning, I'm sitting on my bed drinking tea and watching Wind at My Back on tv and looking at my laptop...living the dream
Crystal 04:58 PM 12-21-2010
I had fun today. Hubby let me spend $1000 on the playroom.....I got some cool stuff!!!
Michael 05:02 PM 12-21-2010
Originally Posted by Crystal:
I had fun today. Hubby let me spend $1000 on the playroom.....I got some cool stuff!!!
Must be some pictures somewhere?
Luna 05:26 PM 12-21-2010
Yes!!! Pics & details please!
SilverSabre25 06:57 PM 12-21-2010
Pics, or it didn't happen!

btw, that's an AWESOME hubby you've got!
momofsix 06:17 AM 12-22-2010
Pics, or it didn't happen!

btw, that's an AWESOME hubby you've got!
Yes, yes...what did you ge????
momofsix 06:20 AM 12-22-2010
I only have 2 kiddos today, and my DD is boarding her plane righr now and will be home this afternoon! (very happy mama!)
Crystal 11:53 AM 12-22-2010
well, I'll post pics once I get everything out and set up. BUT, I got a light table and lots of light table toys and accessories, a HUGE wooden block set, dress up clothes and hats, big magnet sets, new nap mats (boring), 12 wood puzzles, gallon bottles of all the primary paint colors, 2 wooden child sized rocking chairs with an end table, polar animal set, a big table top magnifying glass, magnetic building shapes, a gigantic rainbow pinwheel, and lots of art stuff.

I still have $120 for odds and ends that I'll pick up after Christmas. I am waiting until next weekend to set everything up for the kids, because I am going to redo my whole playroom. I'm excited!

And, yes, hubby is AWESOME for agreeing to let me spend so much. One great thing about him working with me is he realizes the need to spend money on the program. I think alot of husbands don't realize that.
Crystal 11:53 AM 12-22-2010
Originally Posted by momofsix:
I only have 2 kiddos today, and my DD is boarding her plane righr now and will be home this afternoon! (very happy mama!)
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Merry Christmas!
Luna 12:33 PM 12-22-2010
My naptime pooper did her business in the potty BEFORE nap
nikia 12:37 PM 12-22-2010
All of my families got me gifts!! Very unexpected and I feel very blessed. Fruit baskets wine and gift cards!!!
SilverSabre25 01:28 PM 12-22-2010
All the crafts and yummies got handed out today!! BIG WEIGHT off my shoulders!

I also weathered a day without DH--he worked 9-5:30 today instead of his usual split where he's home in the afternoon, and it went GREAT! I found that I didn't need his help at all. Hmm...when's the next shift bid? I could get used to this!

Now--we're *maybe* going to the zoo to see the lights tonight. I haven't decided for sure. It's either that or stay home to wrap presents and clean. I'm not even sure which option I prefer...
SilverSabre25 08:04 AM 12-23-2010
5 kids + pile of pillows = boundless joy and endless fun. Ah, it's the simple things in life.

Actually, I think this is the first time that all five of them have started playing something together and been playing nicely for an extended period of time. Seriously, this is awesome!
MommyMuffin 09:46 AM 12-23-2010
Just found out my 1 very part time 1 yo will be here 4 days a week now. Awesome for the income but I was so nervous because everyday he is here I end up in tears.

Well today I told myself to just let go!! And ignore the mess...ignore the little things they do wrong..like running into the dinning room or dumping toys. I figure having a good day today will take my effort.

Yes my house is a disaster and yes I havent had a chance to do any curriculum bu my kids are playing and I am in a good mood and no tears.
kidkair 11:38 AM 12-23-2010
Originally Posted by MommyMuffin:
Just found out my 1 very part time 1 yo will be here 4 days a week now. Awesome for the income but I was so nervous because everyday he is here I end up in tears.

Well today I told myself to just let go!! And ignore the mess...ignore the little things they do wrong..like running into the dinning room or dumping toys. I figure having a good day today will take my effort.

Yes my house is a disaster and yes I havent had a chance to do any curriculum bu my kids are playing and I am in a good mood and no tears.
I'm happy to hear letting go and allowing the mess is going well for you!
kidkair 11:52 AM 12-23-2010
My friend is finally feeling a bit better now that her miscarriage has been full removed. She wants to try again as soon as possible. I'm so happy she's getting back on her feet and getting back to her happy outlook on life!
E Daycare 02:26 PM 12-23-2010
My vacation has offically started!

I dont even care my dcp didnt even give me a card or anything as I have 6 whole days off! Also, the home made christmas cookies I gave them and the gift I bought their kid, well knowing they might feel a twinge bad they didnt bother for me makes me feel ok too. As bad as this sounds.
SilverSabre25 05:02 AM 12-24-2010
Easy day today--only two kids scheduled, both sets of parents picking up before 2 (we'll be skipping nap today, lol). One boy's parents called this morning to say that Dad is "on call" at work, so dcb will only be here if dad gets called in (yeah...not likely! He's a mover). So it's just DD and my favorite dcg who is a perfect sweetie. I bought a movie (Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer) for them to watch, and I'm going to get a bunch of stuff done in my half day of work!
meli829 05:11 AM 12-24-2010
I was supposed to have dck's here today and Monday and only have a 2 day weekend but I now have today AND Monday off! And I will only have one dck here Tuesday. I really needed a break so this will really help, plus I can get all my wrapping done today and get one last Christmas gift.
SilverSabre25 05:56 AM 12-24-2010
Originally Posted by meli829:
I was supposed to have dck's here today and Monday and only have a 2 day weekend but I now have today AND Monday off! And I will only have one dck here Tuesday. I really needed a break so this will really help, plus I can get all my wrapping done today and get one last Christmas gift.
Like!

(silly ten character minimum!)
laundrymom 06:43 PM 12-27-2010
I had a mom bring a huge bag of toys and books for us today. YippEe
momofsix 06:47 PM 12-29-2010
Not day care related...but the highlight of my week...My husband got me tickets to see Trans-Siberian Orchestra tonight and it was AWESOME, I've wanted to see them for forever! And to top it off, someone in our congregation anonymously gave us a gift card to a very nice (as in we could never afford it on a pastor/child care provider salary) restaurant right across from the concert venue so we got a great dinner too...there was even enough on the gift card for an appetizer and the tip! We had a great night...the good feelings should last me for quite a while!!!
SilverSabre25 06:48 PM 12-29-2010
Originally Posted by momofsix:
Not day care related...but the highlight of my week...My husband got me tickets to see Trans-Siberian Orchestra tonight and it was AWESOME, I've wanted to see them for forever! And to top it off, someone in our congregation anonymously gave us a gift card to a very nice (as in we could never afford it on a pastor/child care provider salary) restaurant right across from the concert venue so we got a great dinner too...there was even enough on the gift card for an appetizer and the tip! We had a great night...the good feelings should last me for quite a while!!!
Wow!! That's AWESOME!! Congratulations! I've wanted to go see TSO for many, many years now and haven't had a chance! That sounds like a truly wonderful night!
Crystal 06:29 AM 12-30-2010
Cool on TSO! Love em"! We have a music box that plays the TSO christmas music and our Christmas lights outside flash along to the music, our neighbors love hearing the music and watching the lights dance.
laundrymom 09:17 AM 12-30-2010
Well not as big as California ones but 4.2 in mid Indiana was enough to shake my girls from bunks and scare us to death. Not much damage but wow, I wasn't having fun. Good news,.... It's just an inconvenience. I don't have to post in the vent forum lol
Cat Herder 09:25 AM 12-30-2010
My DCP all decided that I should not have to work tomorrow since they don't. Nobody attempted to short my pay, either.....

I closed the whole week of Christmas (with 12 months notice) so I stayed open this Friday since I felt that was fair... A day to spend with just their spouse.

Guess I got a day with mine, instead....
Luna 11:08 AM 12-30-2010
Originally Posted by Catherder:
My DCP all decided that I should not have to work tomorrow since they don't. Nobody attempted to short my pay, either.....

I closed the whole week of Christmas (with 12 months notice) so I stayed open this Friday since I felt that was fair... A day to spend with just their spouse.

Guess I got a day with mine, instead....
Lucky you (and lucky spouse)! Enjoy
momma2girls 04:12 PM 12-30-2010
I have had Xmas Eve, the weekend, and now all week this week off!! It has been so nice. It is always nice to have a great break!! it rejuvenates us as daycare providers!!! happy new year Everyone!!
kendallina 09:24 AM 01-03-2011
I got a call today from someone (an acquaintance, actually) interested in enrolling her daughter in the preschool. We set up a time to meet this week and this will mean that I'm full (well, as full as I want to be). It's also $130 extra a month (they're only here 6 hrs a week), which may not seem like a lot to those that do full-time and are used to getting hundreds more a month when someone enrolls, but man! $130 bucks! That will pay plenty of bills for us!
SilverSabre25 09:41 AM 01-03-2011
After entering everyone's attendance and payment for the year into MMK last night, I found out how much I made and am SHOCKED!! Thrilled beyond belief! I didn't realize I was making such good money, lol. I'm planning to ask DH if it's at all possible for us to pay nothing but credit cards out of my income all year and see how far down we can bring our credit card debt. I'm hoping, pretty far, seeing as how I made more than the total of our debt...
kendallina 09:44 AM 01-03-2011
After entering everyone's attendance and payment for the year into MMK last night, I found out how much I made and am SHOCKED!! Thrilled beyond belief! I didn't realize I was making such good money, lol. I'm planning to ask DH if it's at all possible for us to pay nothing but credit cards out of my income all year and see how far down we can bring our credit card debt. I'm hoping, pretty far, seeing as how I made more than the total of our debt...
That's fantastic! I completely hear you about the credit card debt. My dad gave us a huge monetary gift for christmas (he said, 'it's a one time thing, you know?" about 100 times...lol) but that's going to help us pay off our car, and then all the car payment money will go toward the credit card and it will be paid off in 2 years! I'm so excited, the end is in sight! I hope you're able to pay yours off quickly!
kidkair 12:50 PM 01-04-2011
Started my revised curriculum yesterday and the kids absolutely love it! I love it too! We have so much more fun with it than the way I had it before.
MARSTELAC 06:38 AM 01-05-2011
Just have to thank you all for your wisdom and varied information. I am finally getting better at finding my backbone and enforcing the policies I have made for my business. Yesterday was a real test but the family I had to "stand up to" came back today! Yeah for me and yeah for all of you! Don't know what I'd do without my group therapy!
lvt77 06:24 PM 01-05-2011
One of my dcb that has not talked (age 3.5 been here 5 months) came up to me today and said I love you, you're my friend......
Child of autism...parents were stoked....first time he spoke in full sentence......I love my job...
MarinaVanessa 06:39 AM 01-06-2011
DCM of DCB & DCG (siblings) notified me last Friday that DCD has been laid off and that they won't be coming to daycare anymore . That's just such a shame. The kids were great and the money was awsome. I made enough with the other 2 DCK's to pay bills and my portion of the mortgage and so the income from these two DCK's went entirely into my savings for my "New Daycare Van" fund.

I was really down in the dumps until yesterday evening when an old co-worker of my DH e-mailed me asking if I had openings. He'll be working at our county government center again (where my hunny works) which is right down the street. He'll be coming Friday with his son to introduce him to the other DCK's.

Right after that call I get a text message from wife of one of DH friends. Her husband was staying home with their new baby girl (4 months I believe) but may have an opportunity to go back to work so she wanted to know if I had an opening. Not sure when they would need to start but I feel more optimistic that people have been asking without me even having to advertise.

Also friend of ours just had a baby a month ago and if she decided to go back to teaching she'll need daycare. She e-mailed me this morning asking for information. I also had another e-mail from another friend of DH that had their baby last week that may need childcare starting in the summer which would work out because my other infant that I have will turn 2 in the summer and I'll have an additional infant spot open.

This means that for sure I'll have a regular spot taken and people fighting for my infant spot. Yep, feeling way better.
sahm2three 07:47 AM 01-06-2011
I am going to try to think of something positive. The weather is warmer out today. So we can at least go out onto the deck. But probably not the yard as it is a mushy mess back there with all the snow, then the melting. So there is that. My colicky baby seems to be in a decent mood so far today. Hoping I didn't just jinx myself! TOMORROW IS FRIDAY!!
kidkair 12:20 PM 01-06-2011
One of my kids just had her 2 year old check up and she was tested to have a mental age of almost 4! However, she still cannot jump.
SilverSabre25 12:51 PM 01-06-2011
Had our big ultrasound this afternoon. Baby is growing well and we got to find out that it is a....

BOY!!!

I'm happy, even though the idea will take some adjustment. I don't know what to do with a boy! Now we get to search through only half the baby name book...
Blackcat31 12:59 PM 01-06-2011
Had our big ultrasound this afternoon. Baby is growing well and we got to find out that it is a....

BOY!!!

I'm happy, even though the idea will take some adjustment. I don't know what to do with a boy! Now we get to search through only half the baby name book...
Congrats silver!!! I would take a house full of boys any day over one girl. I have one of each myself and I think that although my dd was an easier baby than my ds...in the long run ds was way less drama. I hate drama. Congrats and keep us posted on how things are progressing.
nikia 01:03 PM 01-06-2011

BOY!!!

Yippy!!! That is so exciting
tymaboy 05:51 AM 01-07-2011

BOY!!!

Awesome!! Congrats!
GretasLittleFriends 01:11 PM 01-07-2011

BOY!!!

Congrats! How exciting! I have a 15 yr old girl, 6 yr old boy, and 8 mo girl... The 8 month old is the easiest to deal with! I thought the my older dd was much easier when she was younger, but she's not too bad, even for a teenage girl. I dread the thought of my ds as a teen...
GretasLittleFriends 01:14 PM 01-07-2011
I am having a very light day. One boy was here from 8:15 to 12:45. He was supposed to be here until 2:15p. My night shift kid doesn't show up until 5:30p. My youngest dd was sleeping, and my other two at school. There is so much I could have gotten done in peace today, but I totally seized the moment and took a nap! It felt great, and now I feel great!!
legomom922 01:16 PM 01-07-2011
I was ALONE! No kids, including my own..The peace is wonderful and worth th e loss of money from terming
E Daycare 01:33 PM 01-07-2011
My one dcm picked up at 3:30 today with a paycheck! Since I only had the one kid today and my son that meant at 3:30 it was just me and my son time!! Ahhhh made up for the constant crying. Till Monday...
lvt77 01:53 PM 01-07-2011
during nap time i do my personal laundry in my living room.. well a pair of my really **** VS g-strings fell out of the laundry basket and I did not know..

DC dad came to pick up his kids and stepped on them, they got caught on his shoe as he was walking, did not know what it was and I turned around...there is DCD holidng my panties...............LMAO OMG
so embarasssing................I can never look him in the face again....

enjoy the laugh..
MyAngels 03:18 PM 01-07-2011
Originally Posted by lvt77:
during nap time i do my personal laundry in my living room.. well a pair of my really **** VS g-strings fell out of the laundry basket and I did not know..

DC dad came to pick up his kids and stepped on them, they got caught on his shoe as he was walking, did not know what it was and I turned around...there is DCD holidng my panties...............LMAO OMG
so embarasssing................I can never look him in the face again....

enjoy the laugh..
Back in the days when I still worked in an office, one of the male execs was standing at the desk next to mine - I happened to glance down to see a lovely pink piece of lace peeking outof his pants leg. As he walked away I could see the piece of lace was a pair of ladies panties. They worked their way out and fell on the floor. You should have seen the look on his face, it was priceless.
lvt77 03:53 PM 01-07-2011
lmao thanks for the laugh....I needed it its been a tough week!!
TGIF
SilverSabre25 09:39 AM 01-10-2011
Swapped pack n plays around for naptime today and put my troublemaker child in the one closest to the door where I can sit and watch her until she falls asleep. Such a stinker already at 14 months...I'd love to be a fly on the wall at home and know what kind of a home life she's got. She fell asleep within five minutes of me having my eye on her and the others are all asleep (or at least quiet) too. MUCH better than it has been where she keeps certain others up for a good twenty or thirty minutes!
lvt77 09:56 AM 01-10-2011
I would have people post on your TGIF site why they are thankful its friday.
Thats cool that you own it...have fun with it
laundrymom 09:57 AM 01-10-2011
Swapped pack n plays around for naptime today and put my troublemaker child in the one closest to the door where I can sit and watch her until she falls asleep. Such a stinker already at 14 months...I'd love to be a fly on the wall at home and know what kind of a home life she's got. She fell asleep within five minutes of me having my eye on her and the others are all asleep (or at least quiet) too. MUCH better than it has been where she keeps certain others up for a good twenty or thirty minutes!
whoo hoo silver!!!
Gurdy 12:28 PM 01-10-2011
Lots of snow today- it's our first real snow of the season! I only have 2 dcks here and no babys! My kids have no school so we all bundled up and played in the snow all morning! So much fun! It also wore all the kids out and they are snoozing going on two hours now! It's been a nice day!
lvt77 12:46 PM 01-10-2011
horray all my potty trainers have made it through the day with no accidents.....no poopie mess for me to clean today!!!! yippie
Keri'sKids 01:09 PM 01-10-2011
Originally Posted by DBug:
I emailed one of my moms a picture of her little one painting. It must have made her day, because she emailed back just gushing about what a wonderful provider I am -- totally made my day in return
Wow! DBUG you really do have the right idea. What a great idea it is! This site really does wonders. I am going to do the same thing and I am excited to do it! Thanks for the great tip. It is such a pleasure to have someone like you doing positive things and sharing it!
SilverSabre25 05:56 AM 01-11-2011
One year ago today was my first day of doing daycare. I am so pleased that my daycare is still going strong and I am full. When I started, i was afraid that I wouldn't make it a year (don't they say that most small businesses fail within a year?). With the exception of one very dry spell in August/September when I thought I was going to have to get a regular job and close my daycare, I've had a great year.

It's definitely the hardest job I've ever done and I know I have a long way to go before I feel like I have a really *good* daycare set-up. I feel like by surviving for one year I've made a good start on things, though.

Even on the hardest days (like lately, lol) I am grateful to have my daycare and be able to stay home with my own daughter. I am grateful for every family I have (even the ones who are annoying) and am looking forward to what this next year might bring!
DCMomOf3 10:12 AM 01-11-2011
I submitted my app to go back to school full time. It would mean closing my dc, but also, bettering myself while my own kids are at school and they would still have me after school gets out. Ack! now to wait and see if i'm accepted.
Keri'sKids 12:48 PM 01-11-2011
Prayers coming your way and for the child as well. Your friend needs you right now and I pray for your strength to help her.
dEHmom 12:52 PM 01-11-2011
DCG left really early! Daughter wasn't feeling well so I picked her up early from school. Sleeping kids, and I've had almost the whole day to myself! Hence all the posting on daycare.com :S
Oh and hubby did a great cleanup last night when I was at school, and the house is magically still sparkling clean today other than I left the vacuum laying all over the kitchen. hehe. Since daughter is not feeling well enough to be at school, she is not going to dance tonight, which means I don't have to do any chauffeuring (sp?) today.
sahm2three 08:33 AM 01-12-2011
My ring leader left early today! Yippee! The whole group changed the minute he left! It is going to be such a nice calm day now!
Luna 07:21 AM 01-13-2011
Not sure if this is the right thread for this, but it made me smile soo...
I'm sweeping up the craft & snacktime debris in the kitchen and repeatedly shooing everyone out. 2 yo Dcb starts walking in again & I said "Nope! Turn around!"

So he walked in backwards
dEHmom 07:22 AM 01-13-2011
Originally Posted by Luna:
I'm sweeping up the craft & snacktime debris in the kitchen and repeatedly shooing everyone out. 2 yo Dcb starts walking in again & I said "Nope! Turn around!"

HAHAHAHAHAHA
Maybe should've gone in the posts about wanting to laugh. Either way, that's hilarious.
Lilbutterflie 08:17 AM 01-13-2011
Originally Posted by Luna:

LOL! I love it!
elle73 10:23 AM 01-14-2011
Last night I was in emergency with my 2yr old son, he had a fever of 104.8 and even with medicine it would not come down, we found out he had a severe ear infection(which surprised us because he showed no signs of being sick at all, he just all of a sudden got a fever). This morning all the parents who dropped their kids off said if I needed them to pick up early to call and let them know and they would have no problem getting the kids early, and all of them told me how worried they were about him last night. Its so nice to know that they care about my kids.
MommyMuffin 12:03 PM 01-14-2011
Originally Posted by elle73:
Last night I was in emergency with my 2yr old son, he had a fever of 104.8 and even with medicine it would not come down, we found out he had a severe ear infection(which surprised us because he showed no signs of being sick at all, he just all of a sudden got a fever). This morning all the parents who dropped their kids off said if I needed them to pick up early to call and let them know and they would have no problem getting the kids early, and all of them told me how worried they were about him last night. Its so nice to know that they care about my kids.
Poor little guy. That is so sweet of your parents to offer. Hope your little guy gets better and gets so cuddle time with his mommy.
MommyMuffin 12:06 PM 01-14-2011
Just wanted to say HAPPY FRIDAY! I am looking forward to a 3 day weekend. And monday I get to go to my OB appointment..yippee. I cant wait until I am as far as silversabre and find out the sex of my baby...CONGRATS by the way!!! So exciting.

My little dcb hit his head on the door today and the bruise is as big as an egg and I just wanted to cry. I feel so horrible. He is 2 so these things will happen.

I am so glad it is friday!!
dEHmom 12:09 PM 01-14-2011
Originally Posted by MommyMuffin:
My little dcb hit his head on the door today and the bruise is as big as an egg and I just wanted to cry. I feel so horrible. He is 2 so these things will happen.

I am so glad it is friday!!
Ugh my 4 yr old fell off his bunk bed one night. He was doing something he probablyshouldnt have been but was on his way up into his bed. He fell off, and whacked his temple on the corner of a bin. Within seconds we watched it go from flat, to the size of an egg literally! it was so scary. Step MIL came over she is a nurse, and watched him for an hour and checked his eyes and everything making sure he was ok.

TGIF! Have a great weekend everyone!
Blackcat31 08:15 AM 01-17-2011
DH just called and told me he got us tickets for the Joan Jett concert this Saturday night and a King suite at the convention center it is being held at. Oh, and reservations for their steakhouse before the concert! Yah! "I Love Rock and Roll"....and Joan Jett! I am super excited!!
lil angels 09:03 AM 01-17-2011
no school today so I thought I was going to have 9 kids and 2 familys called and said they have sib at home so they will keep their kids. how nice is that some people do actually like their kids. And we have new appliances coming and they were not coming till Feb 18 and now are coming this weekend so excited!!!!
DCMomOf3 11:30 AM 01-18-2011
For the first time in a few weeks everyone is napping at the same time. I can actually get something done today.
ninosqueridos 12:16 PM 01-18-2011
Everyone but ONE is home with their parents today due to inclement weather.......dinner is done, kitchen is cleaned up, spent quality game time with my SA DS, and the kids (including my own littles) are still asleep......YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
ninosqueridos 12:17 PM 01-18-2011
Originally Posted by DCMomOf3:
For the first time in a few weeks everyone is napping at the same time. I can actually get something done today.
I love it when that happens!!
SilverSabre25 03:39 PM 01-18-2011
I've been venting a lot lately, so here's a positive to help balance them out.

I cleaned out my fridge tonight--the really good kind where you go through looking at all the stuff on the doors and in the back and checking dates on bottles of salad dressing and whatnot. Tossing a ton of stuff, which feels kinda bad, but HAVE tons of space, which rocks. Cleaning out the freezer was nice and for dinner I'm going to have ends of bags and packages of things, including gorditas (from Trader Joe's), sweet potato fries, and tater tots. Maybe not the healthiest, but it'll taste good, lol!

Now to do this level of "crap removal" from the rest of the house, and I'll actually feel ready to bring a new baby home! (and it will probably take up until D-Day--Delivery Day--to decrapify everything, but it will be worth it).

First the fridge, then the world!!

(I hope)
laundrymom 07:23 PM 01-18-2011
Decrapify. Lolol cool word!!!!

We call what you did having snackies for supper. Lol you don't have enoug for a full meal but lots of snacks. Lol

I've been venting a lot lately, so here's a positive to help balance them out.

I cleaned out my fridge tonight--the really good kind where you go through looking at all the stuff on the doors and in the back and checking dates on bottles of salad dressing and whatnot. Tossing a ton of stuff, which feels kinda bad, but HAVE tons of space, which rocks. Cleaning out the freezer was nice and for dinner I'm going to have ends of bags and packages of things, including gorditas (from Trader Joe's), sweet potato fries, and tater tots. Maybe not the healthiest, but it'll taste good, lol!

Now to do this level of "crap removal" from the rest of the house, and I'll actually feel ready to bring a new baby home! (and it will probably take up until D-Day--Delivery Day--to decrapify everything, but it will be worth it).

First the fridge, then the world!!

(I hope)

kitkat 07:09 AM 01-20-2011
We played outside yesterday for almost 30 minutes on the snow paths DH made for us. Dcm came early. DH brought me a cappachino (totally didn't spell that right). Then he went and shoveled out a curb that's across the street from school. The old couple can't shovel it and I was having a hard time getting through with the wagon, so he shoveled it for them/me after I told him that I tried with a little kid shovel on the way to school. I wish today were as good as yesterday...it's the exact opposite
Cat Herder 03:22 PM 01-20-2011
All of my DCK's were picked up early (without asking or any notification. Just dumb luck) so I got to go to my DD's theatre audition.

We still went out for ice cream, like I had planned afterward... yes, in 28* weather.
lvt77 03:26 PM 01-20-2011
68 degress out side today and we played at the local park for hours on end...... I hope the weather is here to stay...
littlemonkeys 06:49 PM 01-20-2011
All my dck's were picked up early today too... Hooray!!!

~1 dcb out with RSV (not good, hope she's better soon)
~1 dcb kept home today for spitting up massive amounts (dcm's choice)
~1 other dck is feeling better, but stayed home with dad today... And tomorrow!!!

SO..... Now I have NO kids tomorrow and I have myself a free day to do whatever!!!!!! Woohoo!!!!!
AfterSchoolMom 08:28 AM 01-21-2011
I had the BEST BEST BEST interview today. I was recommended to her by a mutual friend, she lives two minutes away, her child and my child have the same name, and we went to the same college. She needs full time, but says that there will be days when her child won't be here or will get picked up early, but they're still going to pay. AND, she says that she "doesn't feel comfortable paying me so little", and offered MORE money.

OMG!!!!!!!!!

A part of me is wondering what the catch will end up being... but so far it sounds fantastic.
E Daycare 09:16 AM 01-21-2011
Originally Posted by AfterSchoolMom:
I had the BEST BEST BEST interview today. I was recommended to her by a mutual friend, she lives two minutes away, her child and my child have the same name, and we went to the same college. She needs full time, but says that there will be days when her child won't be here or will get picked up early, but they're still going to pay. AND, she says that she "doesn't feel comfortable paying me so little", and offered MORE money.

OMG!!!!!!!!!

A part of me is wondering what the catch will end up being... but so far it sounds fantastic.
Do they have family members looking for care like this too down in Ohio? lol
Hope it turns out great
SilverSabre25 04:18 PM 01-21-2011
It's just now 8 PM and everything upstairs except the kitchen is neat and tidy. I even got the bathroom cleaned while DD took her bath! She's in bed nearly an hour earlier than usual. I'm hunting for something for dinner (the only not-so-great part of this post, lol) and after I tidy up a few more things (like the kitchen and the lower level), I'm planning some quality time with my current computer game obsession (Mass Effect 1 for anyone who cares, lol. I'm playing through it a second time before I play Mass Effect 2).

I like it when things in my house start running smoothly...I could get used to this...
jessrlee 07:10 AM 01-24-2011
I'm in such a fantastic mood today! I thought I would share!....

1. DH is on his 3rd deployment to Afghanistan and we finally have all of our stuff together. No arguing, I'm hadeling everything really well, dd is doing really well, and the extra money is helping buy some much needed dc supplies.

2. I started a new family last week and have 2 kiddos contracted for Feb.28. I am as full as I want to be and all of the kids I have are SUPER (most of the time)

3. Just got new tables and chairs for the daycare! I love love love them!! Only 35$ at Target and worth a whole lot more!

4. Once the school agers and pre-k leave I have 3 hours of just 1 kiddo and the parents all pay me the same!

I hope this doesn't sound show offy. With just me and dd I am getting a little adult attention deprived!
Little People 07:16 AM 01-24-2011
Originally Posted by jessrlee:
I'm in such a fantastic mood today! I thought I would share!....

1. DH is on his 3rd deployment to Afghanistan and we finally have all of our stuff together. No arguing, I'm hadeling everything really well, dd is doing really well, and the extra money is helping buy some much needed dc supplies.

2. I started a new family last week and have 2 kiddos contracted for Feb.28. I am as full as I want to be and all of the kids I have are SUPER (most of the time)

3. Just got new tables and chairs for the daycare! I love love love them!! Only 35$ at Target and worth a whole lot more!

4. Once the school agers and pre-k leave I have 3 hours of just 1 kiddo and the parents all pay me the same!

I hope this doesn't sound show offy. With just me and dd I am getting a little adult attention deprived!
God Bless Our Military Men & Women and God Bless the Mothers & Fathers that are left to raise the children while their spouse is overseas!! Your job is very hard being without your husband, here are huggs, huggs, huggs and more huggs!!
laundrymom 09:44 AM 01-24-2011
Originally Posted by Little People:
God Bless Our Military Men & Women and God Bless the Mothers & Fathers that are left to raise the children while their spouse is overseas!! Your job is very hard being without your husband, here are huggs, huggs, huggs and more huggs!!
repeat repeat repeat!!!
Tags:fun stuff, great news, happy, positive, tgif
First ... 4 5 6 7 8 16  ... Last
Reply Up