Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Just Wonderful (Sarcastic)
countrymom 06:50 AM 02-14-2012
so I've had dcb since he was 10months old and he's going to be 4 in may. When he's was really little he was a good eater, but the last year I've noticed that his eating is bad. When I mean bad, he's eating mud and liking things in my gravel driveways that kind of bad. So i again tell mom about this and she says to me that he does it at home and she hopes he grows out of it when he starts school in sept. He will probaby eat glue and chalk at school.

so I had a long discussion about how important it is for him to eat healthy food. Now he doesn't eat mud or anything wierd on my watch, only on moms watch and when she is picking him up, he goes into the car, but stops in the driveway to pick things up.

I mentioned to mom that he now has his meals mixed up and is constantly asking for snacks, i mean all the time. So I discovered that instead of meals, he eats snacks all day, she says that they are healthy but I know they are not, he now eats no fruit, no veggies, not potatoes, no rice, only processed food and junk food.

so he got dropped of at 9am (thats a whole other story) and I ask him what he ate for breakfast and he told me chocolate, that daddy didn't make him anything, as you all know chocolate is a food group.

also they complain that this kid is hyper, constantly running around doesn't go to sleep till midnight every nite (no joke) but when he's here all day, and eats a healthy meal and snack he's calm, he walks, talks nicely and doesn't do dumb things. So far he's running around, hiding in my curtains, just said "heck" a bad word, told me the baby pooed in his face and that teeth are coming out of the babies bum, just great.

seriously why would you do this to your kid, oh, they are having a third kid too.
cheerfuldom 09:11 AM 02-14-2012
they are probably like many other modern parents out there that do not want to say no to their child. That leaves the kiddo on junk food and with little rules at home. plenty of people have numerous kids and "raise" them all this way. part of it is because they drop kids off at daycare or school and the full effect of the parenting is not their problem most of the time.
Reply Up