Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Food Program Question for ND providers
MissK 11:44 AM 07-18-2012
I have a friend who is a provider in ND and she is self certified (not licensed, but working on it). When I had daycare in Fargo I was able to be on the program with just the self certification. I'm looking and looking, but can not find anything to verify (or dismiss) this.

Any other providers out there know if you can still be on a food program if you are just self certified in ND?
Blackcat31 12:33 PM 07-18-2012
I found this:

How Can Child Care Providers Enroll in the
USDA FoodCare Program through NDC?

The program is free and very easy to participate. Here’s an overview of how easy the program works:
Self declared or licensed child care providers enroll by contacting NDC.
•An area representative explains the program and provides necessary materials, all complimentary of NDC.
•There are no fees to participate.
•Child care providers serve meals/snacks to day care children that meet USDA requirements.
•Child care providers record daily their menu and meal counts on NDC menu forms. Computerized claiming is also available.
•Menus and records of day care children served are submitted monthly to NDC for reimbursement.
•NDC reimburses child care providers for creditable meals and snacks.
•A NDC area representative provides ongoing support and conducts periodic child care visits.

Call our toll free number or send an e-mail to ndc@minot.com to request enrollment in the program. NDC will schedule an enrollment appointment with you as soon as possible.

Nutrition for North Dakota Day Care Children, Inc. - 1408 20th Ave SW, Suite 5 - Minot, ND 58701-6494 ND Toll Free Telephone: 1-800-422-0326 - Minot Local Telephone: 838-6709 - Fax: 701-838-6794
Email: ndc@minot.com

Hope that helps.
Blackcat31 12:34 PM 07-18-2012
If not, here is a list of sponsoring agencies for food programs in ND, I am sure you could call and just ask.

http://www.dpi.state.nd.us/child/cacfp/sponsors.pdf
Reply Up