Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Do I even bother?
Scout 04:24 AM 12-04-2012
Do you even bother with disinfecting when they ALL have the same cold? Right now the only one who is fine is my oldest ds! The other 4 have coughs & bad colds. Today we are going to have a lazy day(I hope) and have everyone watch tv & maybe play board games...they are only 3 though. I have chicken noodle soup in the crockpot for lunch, fruit smoothies for breakfast, & all are getting juice today(mom tries to not give two kids) I am trying to load them all up on vitamin c! Cots are down right now & two are laying watching a movie. Hope they all get better quickly!
countrymom 05:41 AM 12-04-2012
this is why I don't bother disinfecting things. Its amazing what good food and some rest will do to a child.
Scout 06:38 AM 12-04-2012
now oldest DS is sick...kept him home from preschool today too! ugh
itlw8 06:50 AM 12-04-2012
I do and I give them new toothbrushes. Clean cups instead of refills.I fiqure anything I can do it has got to help .
sunlight 07:30 AM 12-04-2012
What I try to do is as soon as a couple of the youngest daycare kids get sick I try to use my Lysol, bleach wipes etc. Depending on the virus sometimes it helps other times it doesn't. The second week of November a dcb woke up from nap and started vomiting he did stay home for a day no fever and came back fine. A week later a dcg woke up from nap and started vomiting went home stay home came back and was fine. The week of Thanksgiving two older school age kids went home the parent called and said they were both vomiting {brother and sister} my own daughter vomited that night. No one had fevers and were all fine the next day. I have never had my carpets cleaned so much in a month in my entire life!

All we can do is try to keep the viruses under control. It's hard when they all play together, put the same toys in their mouths, etc.

Good thing is I never got sick!!!
Mom&Provider 08:14 AM 12-04-2012
If everyone is sick, I will still clean any toys then went into mouths etc. but the bigger kids toys I usually give it a day or two, then clean EVERYTHING really well!
Reply Up