Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sick Policy Issues! Ringworm, Antibiotics, Teething, OH MY!
daycarediva 10:17 AM 12-17-2013
Still interviewing to replace my disrespectful, policy abusing clients. One down, 3 to go. (Keeping a few that are 'good').

my 3 that need to GO.

One has had a cough for almost two weeks. During that time frame, I became ill, closed for 2 days and my dr sent me to the hospital for xrays, blood work, iv antibiotics & fluid. Bacterial pneumonia. II suggested to them that he needs to be seen last week before I got sick, and then again when I found out that what I had was bacterial, and then again when he was still coughing this week. finally refused care for dcb until he saw a dr. when he coughed so hard he threw up yesterday. He came back in today, dr. note in hand, bronchitis and double ear infection. He is on antibiotics and steroids, and has a nebulizer PRN ordered (this is regular when he is sick). We got into a debate when I turned them away at the door, because if he needs antibiotics, he should be home for a full 24 hours before returning to care. I am doing my best to minimize the spread!

Dcg has what Mom is calling 'severe dry skin' 'maybe eczema' the issue is, there is only ONE SPOT and it's on her neck in an odd place. It's just red, raised, round. IT'S RINGWORM! As per my health policy, all unexplained rashes need to be seen by a dr., and I need a dr. note to readmit to care. Turned them away this morning. Mom sent me a text that the dr. has no available appts today, and she has one scheduled for tomorrow at 2pm so she will pick dcg up by 1:30. NOPE! 1. Dcg isn't coming back without a note. 2. that's right in the middle of nap.

Dcg (other) has a cold. It's OBVIOUSLY a mild cold, but she is irritable and not napping well. Runny nose, very low grade fever (under 99-100) slight cough. It isn't excludable since I do care for children with mild cold symptoms. What is KILLING ME is the duration of this. It started the week prior to thanksgiving break. Same symptoms since mid Nov is NOT TEETHING. I asked dcm if dcg had her flu shot and she got SO DEFENSIVE about "she isn't sick! she's teething!" ETA- EVERYTHING dcg has iis due to 'teething'. Diarrhea? teething. Vomiting? from drool due to teething. Cough? teething. Hitting? Teething. Dcg is almost 3. IT'S NOT TEETHING.
TwinKristi 10:51 AM 12-17-2013
Oh I feel your frustration!! I have a guy who's perpetually ill, runny nose, slight cough, low grade fever, etc. Sadly he's been sick more than he's been well it seems. Mom is very nonchalant about it and just doesn't seem to want to admit he's sick (always says it's allergies, she had the heater on in the car, etc) but on the bright side, this is his last week! Then he's going to Jr preschool and can be sick there all the time!
Reply Up