Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>packing lunches
mamamanda 05:58 PM 08-05-2015
This is probably a terrible idea, but has anyone tried having the kids pack their own lunches? I thought about having a box for each food group & as a group activity have the kids pack one item of choice from each of the boxes to eat for their lunch the next day. Sounds like a lot of work, but maybe a fun way to discuss food groups? Maybe a once a month thing? Or maybe not at all? Haha what do you think?
sahm1225 06:01 PM 08-05-2015
I really like your idea. I have the kids pack their snacks for the next day when we have a little field trip planned. They love it. Plus they eat all of it.

I'm going to try this for one day next week. I prep the next days meals during nap time anyway, so it won't be that much more work..
Laurel 06:41 PM 08-05-2015
I think it is a cute idea!

Laurel
Unregistered 01:31 AM 08-06-2015
I would love to do this and then go eat lunch in the yard on a blanket! Simple and fun, and kids would live this!
DaveA 03:57 AM 08-06-2015
I've done it before field trip days where we were having lunch somewhere. The kids enjoyed choosing their own lunches. A little bit of prep is needed but nothing really time consuming.
NeedaVaca 05:15 AM 08-06-2015
I saw that exact idea on facebook. Everything was individually wrapped, there were several options for each food group and the kids got to pick out what they wanted.
AmyKidsCo 06:07 AM 08-06-2015
I wouldn't do it on a regular basis, but for an occasional picnic it could be fun.
Reply Up