Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>My Son also Graduated from California State University Northridge
Michael 03:04 PM 05-25-2016
For those of you that had a family member graduate, congratulations. My son likewise graduated from CSUN (California State University Northridge) last weekend.

He was honored at several ceremonies and not once did they say his name correctly. It was pronounced in Spanish and Irish but not Italian!

https://youtu.be/0Z0wTNJAIAk
sharlan 03:26 PM 05-25-2016
Congratulations!
e.j. 05:10 PM 05-25-2016
You must be very proud of your son. Sounds like he's not only highly intelligent but very hard working. Congratulations to your family!

As far as the name pronunciation, you would think after being at the same school for, I'm assuming, 4 years and obviously being a stand-out student, they'd know how to pronounce his name! Our last name is often mispronounced and my dd also has a first name that people tend to mispronounce - even after they've been corrected several times. (It's not that unusual a name and shouldn't be that hard really!) As I watched the video of your son, all I could think was how tolerant he must be, listening to his last name being mispronounced time and time again and never letting any annoyance show.
Thriftylady 05:14 PM 05-25-2016
Congrats!
Blackcat31 08:23 PM 05-25-2016
Well done!

Congratulations to your son!
Mike 09:06 PM 05-25-2016
You have someone to be proud of. You'd think by now they would know his name. As long as it's speld right on the papers.
Michael 10:19 PM 05-25-2016
Thanks, we are proud of him. He now goes for 5 more years for his doctorate at UC Davis in Northern California.
Silly Songs 11:12 PM 05-25-2016
Congratulations !!
Josiegirl 02:23 AM 05-26-2016
Congratulations to your son!
Five more years? Yikes.
Tags:graduation
Reply Up