Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Favorite Thing To Do With DCKS?
DCMomOf3 11:05 AM 02-10-2011
What is your most favorite thing you do with your day care kids? I would love to work a little more variety into our day and would like some tried and true favorite things.

I personally LOVE building with Legos/blocks with them... if only they would keep my creations standing....
dEHmom 11:06 AM 02-10-2011
mines the dancing! great work outs for all!
AnythingsPossible 11:20 AM 02-10-2011
Watching them nap

Really, I like playing dolls and restaurant with them. The combo's they come up with of dishes to serve is mind boggling!! There have been times they bring me something to eat and I ask them "would you eat that?" they usually shrug their shoulders and tell me it will be good.....
daycare 11:26 AM 02-10-2011
zoo phonics.... nothing more exciting than watching the kids repeat the things that you taught them.. I love it and so do they.
WImom 11:35 AM 02-10-2011
I'd say music and movement time and art time.
SilverSabre25 11:45 AM 02-10-2011
The other day I pushed everything out of the middle of the room and we all threw a ball around (one of those swirly colorful outside balls you get in the big bins) and ran around (well, they ran; I sat, lol) for about 30 minutes solid in the playroom. They had a blast and wore themselves out; I had a blast watching them, and they got to work on the gross motor skills of throwing and catching.
dEHmom 11:51 AM 02-10-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
zoo phonics.... nothing more exciting than watching the kids repeat the things that you taught them.. I love it and so do they.
wow 300 dollars for flash cards?
hahahahaha

Here's something they did with my son in speech therapy. I completely intend on making my own.

I know it'll be easy, the only thing I'm interested in is the fishing rods (nicer than what I can make) and the fishing mat.
momatheart 12:14 PM 02-10-2011
Inside would be reading to them. Or telling them made up stories. Or singing my made up songs.

Outside I love to throw or kick the ball and have them run after it. Or just sit on the big swing with them and just talk.
daycare 12:18 PM 02-10-2011
Originally Posted by dEHmom:
wow 300 dollars for flash cards?
hahahahaha

Here's something they did with my son in speech therapy. I completely intend on making my own.

I know it'll be easy, the only thing I'm interested in is the fishing rods (nicer than what I can make) and the fishing mat.
it is an expensive start up cost, but I dont ever have to buy anything else. I have had it for almost 8 years so doing the math it has not cost much. When you see the results its almost priceless.

What is that thing you have posted? Looks like fun....
Sunny Day 09:32 AM 02-11-2011
In the summer we go outside and play in the rain! Also, we have parties for just about everything you can imagine....we like parties! They get so excited for the simplest little things, like having a "Colour Day" Party.
Tags:activites - favorites, activities
Reply Up